Why don't people like Wii U chat?

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk
I noticed on Miiverse that some people on their profiles don't want to Wii U chat, so what is the case with that?

People probably just don't want to show their faces.

I personally like it quite a bit.

I don't understand people! hahah To me the wii u video chat is such an amazing feature that nintendo implemented on this great console. I personally do video chat with some of my friends and guess what?? It is really cheap!!! hahah I think it is a terrific feature.

Reactions: jomar500
I don't have many friends for chat online, they only wants to play. My girlfriend likes to chat online with me, but as you know, we never need this!

Yeah I imagine its for saftey reasons. I personally don't like it since I don't think the quality is that great. I also am not a fan of using it with random people . If I was to chat with someone it would be through Skype. I hope the next chat system Nintendo makes is better.

I personally dislike it because half the time no one actually wants to chat! They say a few things then leave or ask if I want to play Smash or something. If I actually came across somebody who was serious abut chatting, then my opinion would change.

Nintendo totally should've got something like Skype on the system, but hey, I'd probably think people find it annoying. And there needs to be an easy messaging system on the friends list, like there needs to be one on 3DS.

Reactions: 3823
I think it's because they don't want their privacy invaded. I think it's cool personally. I just haven't tested it out yet. I don't know how it works, But maybe they're afraid someone will try to call them or something. It's kind of like a phone number, ya know xP I need to check if I'm hiding it now >.>

Reactions: Robyn
Why I dont like it?
Im really carefull with private information,thats why
So,thats why I dont use it:
1.I dont want to show my voice
2.I dont want to showcase my voice so long its undistorted

The don't want to talk with strangers on Miiverse but with a close Friend it's great :D

I love drawing Mustaches on my friend when he's not looking :giggle:

Reactions: superpokemonbros
Wii U Chat is a meh feature
It's a novel concept but when too many friends want to chat with you, It wears thin

Like others said, people are reluctant to show their faces. Plus you don't know who exactly you're talking to until you see them face to face. A plus plus is that most Miiverse users are kinda annoying and call you to chat every single day. That's the main reason why I hate Wii U chat lol.

I think it is a great feature but that many people , of course don't want to show their real faces and stuff because it may be embarrassing to them or they are maybe don't want their identity taken or stolen . Also who would want to talk to a complete stranger ?! If it is family and friends of the case , then that would be OK ._.

With strangers a lot of people don't want to show their faces. But if there's someone you know it can be really cool. My sister is on miiverse a lot and was about to use the chat but realized it shows your face, so that's probably the reason for a lot of people.

I guess you could say that I am one of those people! I never liked the whole video chat function because it seems rather creepy in a way. I have never done it, but I have been asked to wii u chat before and never did because that person was requesting me to... how to put it... send naughty footage I guess. I am not the kind of person to do that sort of thing, and being requested to just makes me more strict about it. I would be fine with it if I am chatting with family members but with random people requesting a chat session? I have to refuse.

I never really used Wii U chat, but I think I know why people don't like it. It feels like if your privacy is being invaded. People really don't want to show to faces to any stranger they met on the internet, well no one does. Voice chat is good enough for everybody.

I kind of messed up on that last tidbit. I meant to say that I am okay with wii u chatting with my family, not the sending naughty footage part, really though. I don't feel like I really need to clarify that but might as well.

And you can draw whatever on the screen. And if you see some of the calls I have with my friend, it gets a bit problematic.

It's pretty much like everyone said it's just a privacy issue. And you'll never know who is on the on other end. I don't even use the chat on Pokémon X because I feel like it's invasive, now if it's friends or family that I see everyday it's a different story.

People hate it? I love the wii u chat! The chat looks like you're looking into some weird deep portal in your system whenever it connects or disconnects with someone. And you can draw funny pics on it too! I don't see why people could hate this amazing feature

Back