What's the most overpowered smash attack?

• Thread starter DrakeJericho
  • Start date
DrakeJericho

DrakeJericho

Dark-Winged Doppelgänger
Towns Folk
From any character in the whole series, which smash attack is the most OP?

For me, I say King Dedede's forward smash in SSB4. The range is too big and kills super early. OP.

I totally didn't make this thread because of how bad I just finished raging.

I think its pretty clear that it goes to king dedede... His range for his forward smash is really big and not only it has a huge range and deals a lot of damage, but it deals a lot if knock back which makes up for him getting ready to even use his forward smash. And with Shulk... You're pretty much screwed.

Shulk's forward smash :dead: It's an really OP move with incredible range that does a considerable amount of damage and can kill easily. ( Lots of Shulk's other moves are like that too ) And if you add perhaps the Smash or Buster monado arts, you can easily get a kill or deal tons of damage.

Ivysaur's upsmash is the strongest move in Brawl, obviously not counting FS's.

Forward Smash Award- Little Mac
Used properly this move fully depends on prediction upon the likelihood that your opponent will not grab you from an extended distance and sweet-spotted this move brings people to a reckoning. Technically this Smash is three smashes but the idea it is basically a medium distance Olimar Smash with super armor is just insane to me. Peach gets third place for having 3 different forward smashes too.
Up Smash- Lucas
You knew I was going to say this. It has some armor when used properly and it's a great punish move when predicted properly and it's hit-box is super huge meaning you cannot air dodge it unless you succeed a frame-trap of some kind. It's purpose is to not only be a game reference but to demote your opponent's offensive play in more ways than one. Purple Pikmin Up Smash gets second place and Ganon's is third because I gave up trying to decide (never mind Game and Watch is third).
Down Smash- Zero Suit Slammus (Samus)
Out of technicality this one has to win because it is so fast and literally you can get a free kill out of this one with the proper reads. It certainly deserves the top spot. Second place is Mewtwo's because of it's insane power and third is Lucas because it edge guards you so hard it's OP when used right too.

And award for greatest smash attack goes to LUCAS! I have to say, my friend beat me 5 time in a row by winning with only Lucas's up smash. Not to mention that, but he did that with me using all of my best characters. o_O

I don't use a whole lot of people so my choices are kind of biased. I'd have to place Shulk at first. His down Smash is good at covering rolls. His side Smash has great length and hits twice. I won a Sudden Death against a Little Mac player because even though he countered, the second hit launched him as well. And by some miracle, he was launched off-screen first, probably because he was closer to the edge. And the Smashes are great when mixed with the Smash Monado Art. It makes killing at a mid-high percentage great or launching them off the stage so you can get them with a Spike or a B-air as they return. I have to go with Ike for second. Like Dedede, the power for his forward and up Smash greatly makes up for the time. But it does require you to time it right because you'd be left wide open, although you'd be lucky if they're hit as well. Third is a tie between Link with up/forward Smash and Robin's Smash which I heard has great launching power with the sword that has electrical properties.

I don't think any smash attacks are really overpowered.

If you keep getting hit by one that's your problem, not their character's.

I think that Bowser's foward smash is too strong. It isn't very hard to get hit by it, but it does deal some punishment. If you are about 60-70% of damage and you get hit by this move, its an automatic death. Bowser really got some buffs in the newest installment, and this is some evidence.

I don't think any smash attacks are really overpowered.

If you keep getting hit by one that's your problem, not their character's.

You misunderstand. It's not the fact that you get hit by it in general, it's the effectiveness of it – what happens after getting hit by it (i.e. How much KB it gives/how much damage it gives) that makes one overpowered.

If it's extremely hard to land, it's not overpowered because those aftereffects won't be easily applied.

And while we're on the subject of "after the smash attack", what happens to the attacker if they happen to miss? How much endlag is there; is the move easily punished upon failure? Effectiveness isn't just limited to the sheer potency of landing the move.

If it's extremely hard to land, it's not overpowered because those aftereffects won't be easily applied.

And while we're on the subject of "after the smash attack", what happens to the attacker if they happen to miss? How much endlag is there; is the move easily punished upon failure? Effectiveness isn't just limited to the sheer potency of landing the move.
The mindgames are real. >.>

I really think that ganondorf from super smash bros 4 has the strongest smashes. Sometimes, when you hit someone who has over 50% it will K.O them. Bowser also has some pretty amazing smashes.

I think Bowser, Little Mac, Shulk, Ike, and DeDeDe all have OP smashes.
Bowser: Dat F-Smash tho #DropKicks5Life
Little Mac: Super armor and power
Shulk: Great range, and also #ExpandingDongBladeIsHisDownSmash
Ike: Powerful, hard to predict timing.
DeDeDe: Look at the top of the thread.

Reactions: FarlyMarly
I'll say Mewtwo's up smash is pretty effective well when it's used on me anyways as well <censored> Roy's Eruption it may take a while to charge but when it does it hits HARD

I'll say Mewtwo's up smash is pretty effective well when it's used on me anyways as well a** Roy's Eruption it may take a while to charge but when it does it hits HARD
I guess you could say Mewtwo's U-Smash is SUPER EFFECTIVE! BTW you added an extra s in as.

I haven't played a lot with most characters, but I think when used well, Lucas his down smash is really good. His up smash is the most powerful but also the most risky in the whole game. I used to play a lot with Little Mac and all his smashes are really good due to it coming out really fast, having a small amount of ending lag and it deals a huge amount of damage.

Although I agree with everybody else I have to disagree to.
Let me say this Jigglypuffs stinking rest then smash is a pain in the butt and incredibly over powered. I never seem to be able to get away from it.
Little Mac is Also over Powered with his KO attack.

It was even confirmed by Nintendo, Bowser is the most powerful character. He has the best forward smash attack, being fatal for any character over 50 percent. His forward smash is crazy, thrusting himself forward and sending the opponent flying. Dk and king Dedede are powerful too, but Bowsers beats them both.

For me it is Kirby hammer . When it charges it , it will become for stronger than before . The worse thing is that , when it continues charging on till it harms kirby and that you are only on 30% you are already death . When my enemy is charging already i am running away from him.

Back