What is your favorite Shin Megami Tensei game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Have you ever played a Shin Megami Tensei game before? What's your favorite?

Reactions: MajinZane96 and Flarence
I've only played Shin Megami Tensei (the latest one on the 3DS), because I wanted to get an idea of what game Fire Emblem was going to have a crossover with. So, this one is my favorite. XD

Now that's a tough one. I would have to say the Devil Survivor games, cause SMT on the Nintendo DS was awesome :p

my favortite from the main series is Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

I never played a Shin Megami Tensei game before, I heard and read great reviews about the game though. It looks like a really good game and I sure hope I can play one someday. I was planning to buy one for the Nintendo DS but I will just wait for my 3ds so I can play the latest one, which is Shin Megami Tensei IV (I think). Anyways I am planning to get this game right after I played Pokemon X or Pokemon Y

I never played a Shin Megami Tensei game before, I heard and read great reviews about the game though. It looks like a really good game and I sure hope I can play one someday. I was planning to buy one for the Nintendo DS but I will just wait for my 3ds so I can play the latest one, which is Shin Megami Tensei IV (I think). Anyways I am planning to get this game right after I played Pokemon X or Pokemon Y

Well, different Shin Megami Tensei games means different gameplays of the same genre.
You can try Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, it's 30 bucks :p
(Shin Megami Tensei IV is the last one but it's 50 bucks plus DLC)

Reactions: Reece
In terms of fair gameplay and quality story arc, i preferred Devil Survivor on NDS
I've just gotten SMT IV but the gameplay isnt that fair imo, no stat changing HP/MP (its set) with enemies that even low lvl can kick my butts :oops:
The play is similar to Persona 3 Portable in PSP and the quality of the graphic is great

But for now (since i havent finished iv yet) my jugdement will be Devil Survivor with its MC a misterious and intelligent man, good chain reaction of events (missed one and killed one or two playeable character)

I've been playing Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked lately and so far I enjoy it more than Shin Megami Tensei IV, so I guess that's now my favorite Shin Megami Tensei game.

I just hope that its demon database is large (something like Shin Megami Tensei IV)
I've just gotten SMT IV but the gameplay isnt that fair imo
Minotaur :sneaky:

I've been playing Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked lately and so far I enjoy it more than Shin Megami Tensei IV, so I guess that's now my favorite Shin Megami Tensei game.

I just hope that its demon database is large (something like Shin Megami Tensei IV)
About demon database, should I tell you the truth, @Marc? :p

How's your progression in Devil Survivor Overclocked? The worst ending has been tweaked in the 3DS port, but I hope you get the best one! Don't worry, no Nothingness ending here :D

Devil Survivor series keeps dark, SMT theme without losing pop, Persona theme. It just lacks explorations.

About demon database, should I tell you the truth, @Marc? :p
Nah, I'll find out for myself :p
How's your progression in Devil Survivor Overclocked? The worst ending has been tweaked in the 3DS port, but I hope you get the best one! Don't worry, no Nothingness ending here :D
Day 2 and that's great, :singing: I'll most likely play it again if there are multiple endings anyway.
Devil Survivor series keeps dark, SMT theme without losing pop, Persona theme. It just lacks explorations.
:love:

mine would be:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 - Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon

i remember going home from school as fast as i can just to boot this one up and play till dinnertime. i dunno. it has this strange charm in it that i never felt from any SMT game. it has that 80's anime cheeziness. (if you were born in the 80's you'd pretty much feel me. haha!) i pretty much like the strategy mechanics in this one. and a bit of a "tales of" series gameplay. i also like the fusion mechanics here. i like this one's fusion mechanics more than any SMT game. (but maybe that's just me. lol)

Reactions: Marc
I've only played Shin Megami Tensei IV, so I guess I have to pick it.

I probably won't buy any others unless they're really cheap, like $5-$10. As strange as it is I don't really like really long games, and Shin Megami Tensei IV took me 46 hours. Too long.

@Nanamine 46 hours is too long? I finished my first SMTIV playthrough in 90 hours, and I'm really okay with that.

I haven't played shin megami tensei but I'm planning on getting shin megami tensei devil survivor over clock edit looks really good I'll try to get that SSB4 and mario kart 8 this summer

I've only played one, and it was for a handheld - not sure which one...maybe GBA? It was called devil survivor. I really liked it. My kind of game for sure! <3

I've only played one, and it was for a handheld - not sure which one...maybe GBA? It was called devil survivor. I really liked it. My kind of game for sure! <3
This :

MIDevilSurvivor_cover.JPG

Or this :

Devil_Survivor_2_cover.jpg

For me so far would be SMT IV... But that will be changed soon...
Persona Q is inside of the series, so...

It's difficult to compare SMT with its spin-off because they actually have different aspect to deal. The spin-off's strength is in the characters, yet the main installment (SMT) depends on its philosophy and moral choice.
Thus my favorite (until now) would be SMT IV.
Oh, you should check Digital Devil Saga series (PS2) and Persona 2 duology (PS).

It has been forever since i played it but the port of the first persona on PSP is definitely in my top 3. One of the harder ones to beat though.

I actually played Devil Survivor 2, before even hearing about 1, so yeah. eheheh.

Back