What's your favorite Mario game?

• Thread starter Skully
  • Start date
Hmmm.... This is a very hard decision I do enjoy Mario 64 a lot, but I also like new super Mario bros for the ds, and super Mario Galaxy 2, but I think new super Mario bros is my favorite because it was the first Mario game I've ever played and also the first video game I've ever played.

Hey i like a lot of those too! I can certainly agree this isnt the easiest question out there to answer, in fact i too find it rather difficult! Mario galaxy had a very beautiful level design, the music was marvelous and ive always loved it quite a lot for many other reasons. I still love that game along with mario galaxy 2, but i found the original superior to number 2 here so to speak.

And then there were the wonderful days of playing super mario bros 3 on Super NES all stars, now that game is definitely a eternal keeper in my opinion! The graphics arent perfect, but i recently bought the NES version for 3ds VC and i was so happy to be playing it again and have such a remarkable mario game back! The game has a nice variety of powerups, and also some that are quite unique such as the hammer bro suit, frog suit, and that good old p-wing which i also love in thr game!
also, i learned that if you finish the game once on the NES version and start another without resetting in any way, your whole inventory will be filled with P-wings entirely! I thought this was quite a pleasant surprise.

Its hard to choose one single favorite... I was a hardcore Mario player and have played all kinds of things mario. But those are some of my favorites above, if i tried to write the entire list it woulf way too long, sorry guys. :p

Super mario 3d land or super mario bros for the origional ds.

Reactions: Kadaj
Super mario 3d land or super mario bros for the origional ds.

Hey i like super mario 3d land too! If you really want a unique mario game though i highly recommend mario maker for 3ds or wii u, the thing thats so special about these games is its like mixmatch of several different mario games, and even better is the fact the possibilities are literally boundless since you can design custom levels and worlds in any way you like. Some people have even made glitched levels (which i highly advise you not to do, i hear you can get erased for uploading or sharing glitch levels so do this at your own risk) which as the term basically implies are off the charts weird kek. I recently saw some on youtube and i didn't even finish half of it before i had to quit watching from laughing too much and having yo get going as well. I will be honest here and say some of those are so weird it may even look like the video was editted and it's not literally what was on whoevers screen at the time lol :p

There are loads of great mario games out there, but mario maker on 3ds is one of my top picks if youre looking for a good one (or anyone else is!) :p nintendo has done such a great job with the series in general i know i will always love mario games, it just goes without saying in my opinion! :p

Whats your favorite Mario game?
Old or New

Tell us below!
My newer game that I love Mario maker for 3Ds
And the older game I like is Super Mario Bros 3

I have to be honest, My favorite is ............ Super Mario Galaxy for The Wii Game System. I Know Right, no one likes super Mario Galaxy or the Wii so i should shut my mouth.
16022-1bd4ca4cd5f7d17f506213379e44aa2c.jpg
I mean seriously everybody loves Super Mario Galaxy for Wii, or at least most people do.

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door is my favourite Mario game of all time and for good reason. A fun easy playing game with all the customisation one could want. I love the concept of badges too to play your own way and take easier and harder paths. All the characters and their script are even great as well. This game is and always will be number one in my book.

My favorite mario game would have to be mario 3. when i was a kid, that game blew my mind. at that time it was the most amazing thing i have ever played. i remember using the raccoon tail for the first time, and thought it was so cool. the levels had a lot of variety and the difficulty was just right. i must admit, that i learned the whistle cheat and was able to get to the 8th world in like 15 mins. but i also have to admit that i could never beat that world. i would always die before i got to the castle.
dang this brings back so many memories of me playing it with my dad, we would have the card match game written down on paper and so we would be able to get all the items really fast. fun times

Reactions: Kadaj
My favorite mario game would have to be mario 3. when i was a kid, that game blew my mind. at that time it was the most amazing thing i have ever played. i remember using the raccoon tail for the first time, and thought it was so cool. the levels had a lot of variety and the difficulty was just right. i must admit, that i learned the whistle cheat and was able to get to the 8th world in like 15 mins. but i also have to admit that i could never beat that world. i would always die before i got to the castle.
dang this brings back so many memories of me playing it with my dad, we would have the card match game written down on paper and so we would be able to get all the items really fast. fun times

I agree, that game was awesome and still is. I love the rather big item variety in this game, the music is pretty memorable to me as well, especially since ive run through that game several times and this game is actually one i could run through and remember most or all of it and still have a blast :p super mario 3 for me is a eternal favorite ^~^

My favourite Mario game would have to be Super Mario Sunshine. The tropical atmosphere is what really draws me to the game.

Super Mario Galaxy I and II would be a tie for my favorite. However, though, I haven't tried any later Mario games. Possibly the latest Mario 3D adventure game would be my favorite.

The Mario Party series by far. I have always a loved Monopoly and games like it and this is my way of getting that in my life. I still have a N64 and play it on there. I have it on my 3DS as well but that is the latest console that I have that has the game. If I could get and play it on my phone I'd pay like $30 for that... would be worth it. SO MUCH FUN!

Mario Party on the N64 (all of them) is the best version of the game. Been a while since I played it on our Wii (not hooked up and not going to be for a while, should probably sell it) but it is better than my 3DS version. :)

What is your favorite Mario game? My favorite is Super Mario 64 DS.

What is your favorite Mario game? My favorite is Super Mario 64 DS.
If he to go with the 64 edition but honestly I think legend of the Seven stars can never be touched

My favorite Mario game would probably be Super Mario 64 DS.I just loved the idea of a 3D game for the DS and how good it looked.This was probably my first Mario game and that's why I fell in love with it.But now My favorite Mario game is Super Mario Maker since you can make anything you want without any limits.

Super Mario 64 was where it's at. I still have memories from grade school where my closest friend and I would sit on our couch playing until ~11:30. And I also remember having to cram my homework before classes because I didn't finish on time. Not much makes me nostalgic as I don't really get emotionally attached to people/places/things, but this Mario game did it for me without a doubt.

I'd have to say Paper Mario for the N64. It was the first Mario game I played that I was actually fairly good at. ...Admittedly, I couldn't understand all of the dialogue, but I believe the game had a positive impact on me learning to read. :cat:

It's super funny, and had widely varied locations. It took me forever to find the Ruins, and even longer to find the toy box, but in the end it was all worth it. :D

I'd probably go with Super Mario Galaxy or SM64. Sunshine is very close, though it got so much hate :(. Looking like Odyssey will be my new favorite once it comes out, though.

Whats your favorite Mario game?
Old or New

Tell us below!

I like a lot of the new and more recent mario games, especially super mario 3d world and 3d land for 3ds. I heard some people say these were pitiful attempts at recreating mario galaxy but i personally dont see it like that. Wont say much about why except it sounds kinda strange to me (not sure what else to say here). I loved the bowser fights towards the end in both games, and 3d world introduced some of my favorite power ups like the cat power you get with the bell and then the alternate one you see later that lets you change to statue form. This was fun to play around with for me so i loved them :p loved the gameplay on both to keep it simple !

My other notable favorites is probably new super mario bros 2 and the new super mario bros for ds. I loved the mushroom house secret and just having relaxing time finishing that one (new super mario bros ds) in my off time and loved the levels and simplicity of it. I loved the coin counter on new super Mario bros 2 and loved how the music was ripped from new super mario Bros wii which i also loved, the music was my favorite part of that game and i loved seeing it come to 3ds ^^

Mario 64 DS I just love this game it has very fun explorable levels, fun movement, tons of stars to get, unique playable characters, very nice graphics for early DS game, super fun minigames that can be really fun, and it is very fun to watch a speed run on it (both N64 and DS). I only have a few problems, every time you get a star it kicks you out which is very annoying especially since the 100 coin stars don't do that, the camera isn't that good though DS fixes most of the camera problems, and if you get hit with a cap on you lose it immediately though this is only a problem early game.

Mario 64 DS I just love this game it has very fun explorable levels, fun movement, tons of stars to get, unique playable characters, very nice graphics for early DS game, super fun minigames that can be really fun, and it is very fun to watch a speed run on it (both N64 and DS). I only have a few problems, every time you get a star it kicks you out which is very annoying especially since the 100 coin stars don't do that, the camera isn't that good though DS fixes most of the camera problems, and if you get hit with a cap on you lose it immediately though this is only a problem early game.

Hmm, i think i remember a similar problem in super mario Galaxy 2 with strange gravity. There were some levels with places that if you long jumped or back flipped the gravity would freak out and you could in worst cases be stuck in a sea of lava due to weird gravity behavior that could easily throw you off. The game was lots of fun and another big favorite of mine, even though some levels that gravity could get a little weird as described above or the camera would sometimes act strange too (ive lost some lives from these things happening but fortunately they werent in world S levels which are the hardest ones in the game but also my favorites :p )

Back