Steam Share? (Otome Games)

• Thread starter Frost
  • Start date
Frost

Frost

Dreamer121420
Towns Folk
I learned that steam had this feature that allows players to share games. Is this a okay feature to use? I was wondering if anyone would be open to share some games with me. I'm looking for Dandelion and Nameless Steam. Both games are made by Cheritz.

I learned that steam had this feature that allows players to share games. Is this a okay feature to use? I was wondering if anyone would be open to share some games with me. I'm looking for Dandelion and Nameless Steam. Both games are made by Cheritz.

If you're talking about family share, then yeah it's a pretty cool feature to use. You need to give the username + password to the person that wants the games in your library though then go into settings and active a couple things. Then when that person logs back into their own account, they'll find that any family-share acceptable games (Not all games can use this feature, but it's a good amount of games which can.) has been added to their library under the title of whom ever owns the game.

Note that 2 people cannot be playing the same, or different games from the same library. So say Person 1 had 2 games, Game A and Game B. Person 2 wants to play Game A so they family share. Person 2 starts to play Game A and Person 1 starts to play Game B, Person 2 will end up being kicked off of the game after 5 minutes if Person 1 doesn't close their game before then. Same goes for if Person 2 wants to play Game A but Person 1 is already playing Game B. Person 2 will not be able to launch the game until after Person 1 has closed their game. If there are more people, say Person 3 had access to Person 1's account as well through family share, then it'll work the same. If Person 3 was playing Game A, then Person 2 wouldn't be able to play any of Person 1's games until Person 3 has finished.

It's kinda annoying, and I've not found a way round that yet, but it's fantastic if you and the other person play games at different times, or if the other person doesn't play their games too much.

I don't have the games you've been looking for, but I thought I'd explain how it works in case anyone is unsure about it :p

If you're talking about family share, then yeah it's a pretty cool feature to use. You need to give the username + password to the person that wants the games in your library though then go into settings and active a couple things. Then when that person logs back into their own account, they'll find that any family-share acceptable games (Not all games can use this feature, but it's a good amount of games which can.) has been added to their library under the title of whom ever owns the game.

Note that 2 people cannot be playing the same, or different games from the same library. So say Person 1 had 2 games, Game A and Game B. Person 2 wants to play Game A so they family share. Person 2 starts to play Game A and Person 1 starts to play Game B, Person 2 will end up being kicked off of the game after 5 minutes if Person 1 doesn't close their game before then. Same goes for if Person 2 wants to play Game A but Person 1 is already playing Game B. Person 2 will not be able to launch the game until after Person 1 has closed their game. If there are more people, say Person 3 had access to Person 1's account as well through family share, then it'll work the same. If Person 3 was playing Game A, then Person 2 wouldn't be able to play any of Person 1's games until Person 3 has finished.

It's kinda annoying, and I've not found a way round that yet, but it's fantastic if you and the other person play games at different times, or if the other person doesn't play their games too much.

I don't have the games you've been looking for, but I thought I'd explain how it works in case anyone is unsure about it :p

Yes, that is the feature I was talking about. Thank you for being so kind~ I hope I can find the games that I am looking for soon.

Reactions: 28142
Steam share sucks. You can't play at the same time and you can't even play online. I don't see how that's any good for actual gamers. On Xbox or PS, you can gameshare and play the same game at the same time, even online. I recently went through the torture of setting up Steam share and after a bunch of Googling, I discovered it's worthless, at least for me and my friend.

Steam share sucks. You can't play at the same time and you can't even play online. I don't see how that's any good for actual gamers. On Xbox or PS, you can gameshare and play the same game at the same time, even online. I recently went through the torture of setting up Steam share and after a bunch of Googling, I discovered it's worthless, at least for me and my friend.

Steam share is like that because everyone isn't using it how it's intended to be used. You can go online with it, but only on the other persons account.

FAMILY share is supposed to only be for families. It's for multiple accounts on a computer, then it doesn't matter who's logged in at that time. But it's only really used for friends to just share their library. Also, it's not that hard to set up. You just log into their account, press 3 buttons, log out and log back into your own account.

Steam share is like that because everyone isn't using it how it's intended to be used. You can go online with it, but only on the other persons account.

FAMILY share is supposed to only be for families. It's for multiple accounts on a computer, then it doesn't matter who's logged in at that time. But it's only really used for friends to just share their library. Also, it's not that hard to set up. You just log into their account, press 3 buttons, log out and log back into your own account.
Everybody uses the [insert console] family sharing feature with friends as well, but that doesn't restrict you to playing offline only. Also, they let you both play the same game at the same time. I've been doing gamesharing on Xbox with my friend and we play a lot of games from each other's library at the same time and online. I've heard same is possible on PS4 as well, so Steam (One of the biggest gaming platforms) not offering the same features is just weird.

Everybody uses the [insert console] family sharing feature with friends as well, but that doesn't restrict you to playing offline only. Also, they let you both play the same game at the same time. I've been doing gamesharing on Xbox with my friend and we play a lot of games from each other's library at the same time and online. I've heard same is possible on PS4 as well, so Steam (One of the biggest gaming platforms) not offering the same features is just weird.

Not really, Steam is a different company to others meaning why should they be restricted to what everyone else is doing? And did you even read what I wrote? I said that you CAN go online on other peoples games. That's how I used to play Black Ops 2 zombies online (Granted my friend ended up getting VAC banned on his BO2 account meaning then I could only play offline ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Not really, Steam is a different company to others meaning why should they be restricted to what everyone else is doing? And did you even read what I wrote? I said that you CAN go online on other peoples games. That's how I used to play Black Ops 2 zombies online (Granted my friend ended up getting VAC banned on his BO2 account meaning then I could only play offline ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
That's irrelevant. Using someone else's account to go online while they can't play is not how gamesharing is supposed to work. Also, pleases stop being so defensive and stop defending Steam. This is a good feature that Steam should definitely offer, it's a win-win for the consumer/gamer, so stop justifying their acts. All these companies are only after money so the least they can do is offer us decent features.

Wait. I'm so confused.

Where you not just saying that you couldn't go online?

Everybody uses the [insert console] family sharing feature with friends as well, but that doesn't restrict you to playing offline only.

You can't play at the same time and you can't even play online.

Wait. I'm so confused.

Where you not just saying that you couldn't go online?
You can't play online on steam. Xbox and PS let you play online with a shared game.

You can't play online on steam. Xbox and PS let you play online with a shared game.

I.. what..

You're actually confusing me. First you said that you cannot go online on steam (gave the quotes) then you said that you could

That's irrelevant. Using someone else's account to go online while they can't play is not how gamesharing is supposed to work.

Now you're saying you cannot?

Sure, it's not how game sharing is supposed to work, but steam FAMILY SHARE isn't like other game sharing ways on other platforms. We gotta use what we have. It's good enough for what it's supposed to do.

I.. what..

You're actually confusing me. First you said that you cannot go online on steam (gave the quotes) then you said that you could

Now you're saying you cannot?

Sure, it's not how game sharing is supposed to work, but steam FAMILY SHARE isn't like other game sharing ways on other platforms. We gotta use what we have. It's good enough for what it's supposed to do.
Nevermind.

Back