Show Off Superheroes!?...

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
Remember some recent posts, where I'd ask about your favorite Superheroes, or for someone to draw for me? Now days, I'm attempting to redraw my favorites!

Everyone I'll draw originally looked like the hero, as close I could do... But...

I'll post everyone I'll draw in this category, tell me if you like or hate them (Constructive Criticism's wanted...) If you have a request, I'll do those too!

My 1st attempt...
SCFgOdD.jpg

I know I screwed up ALOT!

w3jgWV1.jpg

I kinda liked Redstar... but I made him look REALLY angry by mistake
nbvfVnB.jpg

I kinda liked Vision too, but ... he looks so strange...

Reactions: PersonSP
The Superman one looks the best, imo. The eyes seem kinda out of place, though. The other two just look so serious but good job on them. Nice use of effects/colors/text.

Keep up the good work! Perhaps you might be interested in drawing Batman and Spiderman? :3

Reactions: Kakea
The Superman one looks the best, imo. The eyes seem kinda out of place, though. The other two just look so serious but good job on them. Nice use of effects/colors/text.

Keep up the good work! Perhaps you might be interested in drawing Batman and Spiderman? :3

I did try to draw Spiderman....
0CIvVrA.jpg

But the web design on his suit might look messed up, when I drew Superman's eyes... I was attempting to copy the picture fir his face: but his face was far away... (Plus when I drew the eyes without using the model, they looked strange. Lol, they're still strange looking anyway...)

Reactions: Mikaya
That's quite a good attempt, though! His body looks a bit out of place, It might just be me. xD

Background is looking good, The eyes aren't too bad, either~

Thanks! I'm better at the costume's "faces" than human faces...
I'll try Batman later, I'm looking for a model now! :D

I tried Batman but...
Y9Sajyh.jpg
I really messed up his head size, among other... things. At very least zi like how I got the
Batman beyond symbol somewhat right!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mikaya
I'm not really sure about the eyes. Probably needs to be shaped up a bit. xD

I really like the background effects/colors, nicely done! ^^

Glad the symbol came out better this time! You got it spot on!

Haha I kind of like these. They are different and artsy like. Do Wonder Woman :thumbsup:.

Haha I kind of like these. They are different and artsy like. Do Wonder Woman :thumbsup:.

Thanks!
8SOJrF1.jpg
I tried to draw her with her sword and shield, but... I kinda messed up... I saw a version of Wonder Woman with a cape too, and tried to include it, but I barely had room. (I also didn't want her too far away: I couldn't draw her face correctly then...)

Reactions: GetOffMyLawn and Mikaya
Awesome! Keep up the great work, I really like seeing it :).

They pretty neat but you need to put some work in your shading and anatomy. Your colours are spot on though. Poses and facial expressions are great too, they really suit the characters.

As for some feedback:
Overdoing shading is a lot harder than underdoing it, so don be shy. If you are wondering where to shade, use this:
iu

It is a make-up chart, but it shows the places for shading perfectly. Where you see normal skin in this picture you use your base colour. The darker parts are just a darker shade of that colour and the lighter part are where you put some a few shades lighter than your base colour. (Do not use white- that looks strange.)

As for facial anatomy, that just requires a massive ammount of practice. Try tracing some faces and use 'help lines'.
iu

Draw a circle first. (Doesn't have to be perfect!) Draw a chin line (basically, a face is a crooked upside down egg!) Now you will want a curved line where the middle of the face is supposed to be. Once that is done you can draw the other two helplines. Those will take some practice but if you get them right the nose and ears of your character should fit right inbetween. The mouth is in the middle of the lower section of the face, the eyes are just below the top line.
Some general stuff for the eyes: Your eyes are roughly one 'eye' apart. The space between them is about the size of an eye. A nose is generally a bit longer than an eye, whereas your mouth is roughly as long as your nose. (This changes when you smile or pout of course!)

Of course you can experiment with different angles and lighting/shading from a different point, but this general guidelines can help.

Good job on Wonderwoman! The hair actually has a sort of 'fluffy texture' which gives it a nice touch. Those sparkly eyes and stars really stand out and look great! Keep up the good work! Do you make art of non-superheroes, by any chance? :p

Awesome! Keep up the great work, I really like seeing it :).

Thanks! I'm glad SOMEONE likes my style!

Good job on Wonderwoman! The hair actually has a sort of 'fluffy texture' which gives it a nice touch. Those sparkly eyes and stars really stand out and look great! Keep up the good work! Do you make art of non-superheroes, by any chance? :p

Yes I do! I only started drawing Superheroes this year!

@PersonSP Thanks for the lesson, I AM going to try this: but I'm not sure of how well I can use help lines. I tried before, and I messed myself up :( I WILL try again, I'm hoping to get better before I resign myself to "cutesy" art...

Thanks! I'm glad SOMEONE likes my style!

Yes I do! I only started drawing Superheroes this year!

@PersonSP Thanks for the lesson, I AM going to try this: but I'm not sure of how well I can use help lines. I tried before, and I messed myself up :( I WILL try again, I'm hoping to get better before I resign myself to "cutesy" art...
Hepo lines do take some practice, but since your art is digital you can also paint over them and try again if they don help. ;)

Once I do another picture, I'm going to post it beside one of my previous artworks to see how it'll look like!
(As compared to before, of corset... there might be hope for me!)

Back