PC VS Console

• Thread starter PalD2
  • Start date
PalD2

PalD2

Just some guy on the interwebs
Towns Folk
Before I begin, I must state that this is UNBIASED. I honestly don't care what you play games on. If you're playing games then that's better than not playing games.

Also, this won't include the Switch because there aren't that many games for it yet.

You may be asking yourself: "Hm, I want to play games, but I don't know what platform I should buy." Don't worry, it's quite a common question. However, it can be quite confusing because you'll find many different answers like, "you should buy a(n) xbone/ps4/PC." However, there is no set correct answer to this problem, so I came up with a list of benefits for each to help you decide which is best for you.

Disclaimer: If you decide to go the route of PC, I would recommend building it yourself. The task may seem daunting at first, but with about a month of researching "how to build a PC" and "PC Build for (month that you're in of the year that you're in)".

Benefits of PC:
  • Multi-purpose. You can use a PC for more than just playing games.
  • No monthly/yearly subscription. You don't have to pay $60 a year to use online features.
  • Customization. You can make your PC look however you want.
  • Cheaper games. Generally, you can buy games for much less for PC. Additionally, sales (especially on Steam) are quite common.
  • In-game Mods. Since you have a PC, you can install fan-made creations posted online. Some of them are quite beneficial for some games.
  • More options for control. You can use kb/m, controller, racing wheel, flight sticks, ect.
  • Options for multiple monitors. You can usually use many monitors with a PC in comparison to the Xbone/PS4's single screen support.
  • The building experience. I find it quite fun to create what I play on using my bare hands.
  • Upgradable. If a new game comes out that you like, but your system can't handle it, then you can always just buy a single new part, rather then buying a console and eventually having to buy a completely new console.
  • Indie games. There are lots of indie games for PC because it's the easiest to develop for.
  • TF2. It's free and it has provided me with hundreds of hours of entertainment.
Benefits of Console:
  • Cheaper starting cost. Generally, (not always), it costs less to buy a console then to buy a PC.
  • Console exclusives. Games like Forza, The Last of Us, Destiny, Ect.
  • PS4 early release games. Often companies make deals with Sony so that games can only be released on PS4 until a certain date.
  • Quick setup. Plug it in, and you're done.
With all of these reasons to get certain platforms, there are still many more for each. Just remember that if you have friends who play on a specific platform. In order to play with them, you'll need the same platform, (aside from Rocket League).

Last edited:
Reactions: Mizunil
Well as for me. I like them all. Because eatch one has it's own game that I like to play, but if all had same games. Then I would go with a pc, but builing one sounds kinda hard to do.

No hand-held love? :(

Anyway, I'm primarily a console gamer. I PC game mainly when the game in question is PC only; had it been on console or was released at a later date, I'd probably buy it if I like the game enough.

Reactions: PalD2
I find it easier to play console games but I do play on PC (If the game isn't bugy *cough* Batman Arkham Knight PC port*cough*)

Reactions: PalD2
Well as for me. I like them all. Because eatch one has it's own game that I like to play, but if all had same games. Then I would go with a pc, but builing one sounds kinda hard to do.
It's not that hard, trust me ;). I've built many before and the comparison to legos is true.

PC is better.
You don't have to play for the privelidge of playing with other people.
You can choose how powerfull it is (meaning you can potentially play at 8k 90fps or 720p 30fps) depending on your hardware)
You can play with a keyboard or a controlletr
Emulators
Some games are EPIC (I would build a gaming PC just to play Terraria and Stardew Valley)
Better support for indie developers.

Consoles may have capped features (being forced to play at 30fps even though your console of choice is capable of 4k 60fps just because the other console can't do it)
Paying for online
If a part of your console breaks, you will pretty much have to buy a new console, whereas with PC you can just replace the parts.

What system do you prefer, PC or Consoles?

For me, it would have to be PCs, because they have much more flexibility of what they can do, they can be used for much more than gaming, and have a larger selection of games. Plus you can customize everything to exactly how you want it. Plus, PCs seem to last longer than Console's and can easily be fixed if needed, and doesn't have some weird architecture that a few years later will go obsolete.

Reactions: phofufury
I would have to agree with you. PC is better, even tho i dont have one and i play on console lol. To me, PC is just so much better, waaay more variety of games and different functions other than gaming. Although, console is getting up there with PC, at least graphic wise, but not functionality wise. PC also has a advantage to crossplay games, and this remains a war. COnsole players have to constantly adapt to it and then PC players get mad at console players for having "aimbot" lol. Imo, PC is just better, has more games (a lot more free ones to) and has better deals, like Steam and Epic Games.

Reactions: Jisenku
I just want to go the console route. Consoles sometimes reuse parts from previous systems and some are standardized. They basically have timed exclusives up until someone tries to break down the code and put it on PC but even then it won't play like the real thing. I like how the controller always changes and tries to do something new. Also some games might require those controllers and in some cases it would need an adapter to use if on PC. Smash also has an adapter but it's a case by case basis and I never played Smash with it by myself.
PC's are multipurpose so yeah if you want to do more than just gaming it would take up some memory and if you want to go higher end they can be more expensive. It can also be a hassle waiting for a download on slow internet when you can get a physical copy (swag) of a hopefully bugless game or then get a quick patch done with less waiting and less data used if on a metered plan. I get confused if I play a game with a save feature but it gives me the option of save states as well and that really only happens with emulators (and Virtual console).
Also you need internet in general for basically everything and consoles most of the time only need a TV some cords and an outlet or battery/charging/cartridge/disc.

Reactions: phofufury and Jisenku
haha funny this post wasn't updated since 2017 so i thought it didn't exist when i made a new one hahahahaha ;~;

Benefits of Console:
  • Console exclusives. Games like Forza, The Last of Us, Destiny, Ect.
Oof this didn't age quite well

• Funny
I never really thought of the PC in the same category as a gaming console, since it does way more than just play games. Plus the game consoles are ment to be cheap ways to play games that won't need upgrade for a few years when the next one comes out.

Back