More info for Shin Megami Tensei Switch planned for October 23rd, 2017

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
We're finally getting more info about the Shin Megami Tensei game for the Nintendo Switch <3

Atlus revealed that they plan to share more about the game on October 23rd, 2017. Nothing much has been released other than the HD trailer teasing the game to this.

What do you think Atlus will reveal on this date?

I'm looking forward to it! *•*

Personally, I want a return to the cyberpunk style of SMT 1 & 2, but the great atmosphere of Nocturne is also welcome.
BTW, only time will tell.
Fingers crossed!

Personally, I want a return to the cyberpunk style of SMT 1 & 2, but the great atmosphere of Nocturne is also welcome.
BTW, only time will tell.
Haven't played any of those games so I can't say I want the same >.<

What I can tell you is, I'm hoping they don't reveal that it's going to be a fighting style game like Pokken, just with demons :/ I'm also hoping it's a mainline SMT game but I have a feeling it's going to be a spinoff.

Shin Megami Tensei V confirmed:

It reminds me a bit of Nocturne, hope it will be also on par regarding quality.

Reactions: 2071 and Marc
Shin Megami Tensei V confirmed:

It reminds me a bit of Nocturne, hope it will be also on par regarding quality.
Yass!!! That looks incredible.

Here's the English trailer:
It's the same as the Japanese one, the only difference is that the text is now in English.
But it definitely confirms a western release. *0*

Reactions: Marc
It's the same as the Japanese one, the only difference is that the text is now in English.
But it definitely confirms a western release. *0*
Can't "not" have a western release for such a huge game ;-;

Reactions: Theresia
Yep, it was pretty obvious but I didn't expect such an early announcement.

I don't have a Switch yet but I'm loving this console more and more. <3
Cannot wait for new infos about this game in the next months.

Looks like a game I'd like to only play in handheld mode. I take it these games come in chronological order even though it might be between 2 and 3 just by me judging it.

Looks like a game I'd like to only play in handheld mode. I take it these games come in chronological order even though it might be between 2 and 3 just by me judging it.
They're all self-contained aside from the first two.

They're all self-contained aside from the first two.
Then how do you explain the SMT Apocalypse/Final DLC where they're all together?

Because the games' stories take place in a sort of multiverse, with the game worlds parallel to each other except when it's clearly stated that two games are direct sequels like 1 and 2, the Devil Summoner series and the whole Persona + SMT if series.
Surely, some fan theories link the main games even more, like the speculations that SMT Strange Journey takes place after Nocturne's Neutral Ending and that IV is after Strange Journey.
As for the DLC - a bit of spoilers from all main games:
STEVEN is the one to summon the four messiahs from different moments in their respective games: the Hero just after Thorman's nuke on Japan, Aleph after the Megiddo Ark attack, the Demifiend after/before the final battle in the True Demon Ending and even Flynn comes from a different timeline - probably the one of original IV - since he doesn't recognize Nanashi.

Reactions: Hibiki_Kuze
Back