Minecraft: New Nintendo 3DS Edition Thoughts?

• Thread starter Dark Link
  • Start date
Dark Link

Dark Link

The Forgotten Soul
Towns Folk
image.png
Minecraft: New Nintendo 3DS Edition
So recently Nintendo revealed some new games that already came out or will be coming out. But Nintendo secretly announced one of these games and many people didn't believe it at all. Once this game was announced Nintendo gave very little info besides that it works for only the New 3DS/2DS Systems. The surprise was once they announced it, it was already on Nintendo Eshop!

From what I have seen, it is basically Minecraft: Pocket Edition ported to the 3DS. It has everything you'd expect from Minecraft and the graphics look amazing! So here's my question, What do you guys think about having Minecraft on the 3DS, And if your going to or have already Purchased this game? I know I'm buying it, what about you?

Reactions: Arshan
Glad to see this happening on the switch. I know there are lots of people that have wanted to play minecraft on 3ds for years. I don't want it, but I have seen people cracking their 3ds just to play some minecraft on it. I'm a little dissapointed that its not on the original 3ds, but I can tell it's probably because the original ones can't handle it. Bit surprised since this is minecraft, and minecraft isn't demanding at all. Hopefully the people who wanted this for years are finally happy!

I actually have the game for N3ds and I feel like It shouldn’t be $29.99 US dollars. To start, It’s basically Minecraft pe except:
The game runs at 30 fps

No form of multiplayer (yet, Mojang plans to add it in)

No option to buy DLC (Hopefully may be changed)

And no 3D (This isn’t really a big deal)

Minecraft PE is ALOT CHEAPER, has multiplayer, let’s you buy DLC, and runs at 60 fps. If you don’t have a phone, this port will be just fine If you are ok with what the 3ds version is missing. So basically:

PE > New 3ds port.

Only reason I bought it was because my cousin asks me to play Minecraft on my Wii U all the time so now that it’s on my 3ds, he can play it on that instead.

Reactions: Dark Link
I actually have the game for N3ds and I feel like It shouldn’t be $29.99 US dollars. To start, It’s basically Minecraft pe except:
The game runs at 30 fps

No form of multiplayer (yet, Mojang plans to add it in)

No option to buy DLC (Hopefully may be changed)

And no 3D (This isn’t really a big deal)

Minecraft PE is ALOT CHEAPER, has multiplayer, let’s you buy DLC, and runs at 60 fps. If you don’t have a phone, this port will be just fine If you are ok with what the 3ds version is missing. So basically:

PE > New 3ds port.

Only reason I bought it was because my cousin asks me to play Minecraft on my Wii U all the time so now that it’s on my 3ds, he can play it on that instead.

Exactly on how the game has some problems. I understand that this may be a big game for the New 3DS but 30 fps I mean come on Nintendo. So I was watching a video and this guy was explaining and playing the game, well since it runs at 30 fps the world takes a longer to load when walking around. The worst thing is if you go to create world it takes like 5 minutes for it to actually load.

To be honest I didn't know it had no 3D :eek: That should be fixed, it would look really nice especially since the New 3DS has a face motion tracker for the 3D.

I will respectfully disrespect this title for as long as I continue to hear about it.

Glad to see this happening on the switch. I know there are lots of people that have wanted to play minecraft on 3ds for years. I don't want it, but I have seen people cracking their 3ds just to play some minecraft on it. I'm a little dissapointed that its not on the original 3ds, but I can tell it's probably because the original ones can't handle it. Bit surprised since this is minecraft, and minecraft isn't demanding at all. Hopefully the people who wanted this for years are finally happy!

Yes indeed, I'm glad Nintendo actually got around and put the game on the 3DS. As you said people have been wanting it on 3DS for years. Well ever since that all people did was hack there 3DS and get a fake Minecraft game, or they would make fake videos about it. Well now it's on 3DS and now them people are happy.

I will respectfully disrespect this title for as long as I continue to hear about it.
I'm confused, do you hate Minecraft on 3DS?

• for me minecraft was a great game on the pc, the only other two places it belonged where phones and consoles. Some games similar like this, terraria were ported to the 3ds without it having to be the new variant, ran decently, and had a lot of the pc features. mimecraft could have done this .
  • I will respectfully disrespect this title for as long as I continue to hear about it.
    is that because you hate minecraft or it being on the 3ds. i liked minecraft as a game, but the community sucks!!! with your crimgey youtubers and newbish 10 year olds. i mean i liked minecraft when i was 10,but i wasnt that crazy.

Exactly on how the game has some problems. I understand that this may be a big game for the New 3DS but 30 fps I mean come on Nintendo. So I was watching a video and this guy was explaining and playing the game, well since it runs at 30 fps the world takes a longer to load when walking around. The worst thing is if you go to create world it takes like 5 minutes for it to actually load.

To be honest I didn't know it had no 3D :eek: That should be fixed, it would look really nice especially since the New 3DS has a face motion tracker for the 3D.
It doesn’t take too long to load a world. A large world for me takes about 20ish seconds. Since it is N3ds only, 30fps makes sense since the system is using more power than with regular 3ds games. The 3D works by making 2 images, one for each eye, and merging them together to make a 3D image. With how hard the system has to work, I don’t think it has the power to use 3D with the game (And most 60fps games switch to 30fps when 3D is on).

I think they are late on this as Minecraft has been requested for years and now it finally comes out even though the 3DS is probably gonna die in a year, most people who want to play minecraft on the go probably already have the pocket edition, vita version, or the switch version. Also unlike the Wii U and Switch version this doesn't come with the mario DLC

I'm confused, do you hate Minecraft on 3DS?
No, I hate Minecraft on a whole.
i liked minecraft as a game, but the community sucks!!!
Minecraft (to me at least,) I don't really care for it. I can't respect a game with such ugly characters.
(BG is pretty cool. But with such blocky characters... it just turns me off.)

Bg? What’s that? So you can’t respect games for bad graphics? Or the fact that it is blocky? Minecraft would be extremely complicated with out its blockieness. I actually like the blocky textures . I mean be glad it’s not roblox. If you want to hate on a game hate it...

Bg? What’s that? So you can’t respect games for bad graphics? Or the fact that it is blocky? Minecraft would be extremely complicated with out its blockieness. I actually like the blocky textures . I mean be glad it’s not roblox. If you want to hate on a game hate it...
Plz try not to start an argument. I’m not saying that you are trying to do so intentionally, but It might cause an issue

Honestly I am not a minecraft player but I have to acknowledge that this has turned out to be a great franchise all over the world and I am not skeptical about it so good for you minecraft. In addition, I think this speaks really well about nintendo because it means it still supports the nintendo 3ds and cares about the community that today play this handheld system. This is amazing news for 3ds owners.

Reactions: Dowhat?
@OshaWhat!!! I hate the fact it is blocky. And don't worry, I hate them both equally. (BG = Background. It reminds me of Doom, or Hexen.)

oh, well if the gp is good to you, good

I feel like it's too late to do this, we've wanted this game since the console versions were being released. The people whom wanted it gave up hope for it. Then Nintendo releases it and no one was anticipating it. It was just a flop, in my opinion.

Also, it's based on the Pocket Edition, which to me, has less features than the pc version...

I am quite surprised that it wasn't already on 3ds.
My kids will be disappointed as they have the old 2ds , so won't be able to play that version . We have the game on Wii U, PS Vita and ps3, so that will have to do. They prefer two player on the same screen anyway. Personally, I can't stand the game, it makes my head hurt to look at it, but my boys love it, they will spend ages on it, making up stories to go along with what they are doing, changing characters etc.

@Furyofthestorm78 Why so many copies of the same game?? Wouldn't just the one be appropriate? :confused:

Reactions: Furyofthestorm78
It isn't a game I would choose to have multiple copies of... My son had the Wii U version, then we got a pre owned one for the ps vita, which had a working code for a ps3 version in the box.
Does mean that the kids can play it in multiple places and I will be able to use the Wii U occasionally during the day. It kind of worked, but they still prefer the Wii U one as it has Mario.

It isn't a game I would choose to have multiple copies of... My son had the Wii U version, then we got a pre owned one for the ps vita, which had a working code for a ps3 version in the box.
Does mean that the kids can play it in multiple places and I will be able to use the Wii U occasionally during the day. It kind of worked, but they still prefer the Wii U one as it has Mario.
Right, it's understandable on why they prefer the Wii U version. That version is pretty cool since it added Nintendo themed stuff like Mario and that really makes it popular.
I am quite surprised that it wasn't already on 3ds.
My kids will be disappointed as they have the old 2ds , so won't be able to play that version . We have the game on Wii U, PS Vita and ps3, so that will have to do. They prefer two player on the same screen anyway. Personally, I can't stand the game, it makes my head hurt to look at it, but my boys love it, they will spend ages on it, making up stories to go along with what they are doing, changing characters etc.
As for your kids having the old 2DS just give them the speech and say "Maybe for Christmas" but they actually may be wanting it more since there is going to be an update for the game that allows Multiplayer and maybe Online Multiplayer.
Honestly I am not a minecraft player but I have to acknowledge that this has turned out to be a great franchise all over the world and I am not skeptical about it so good for you minecraft. In addition, I think this speaks really well about nintendo because it means it still supports the nintendo 3ds and cares about the community that today play this handheld system. This is amazing news for 3ds owners.
Your right, by bringing Minecraft to the 3DS not only lets everyone know that the 3DS is still supported but also brings the 3DS to have an increase in sales, which is a good idea since people have been wanting this game for quite some time.

Reactions: EstebanTill2
Back