Marshadow a possible new character?

• Thread starter Dark Link
  • Start date
Dark Link

Dark Link

The Forgotten Soul
Towns Folk
image.jpeg
So we all know that Marshadow is a new Mythical Pokemon and that many Pokemon Fans love this Pokemon. Well we are expecting a Super Smash Bros. game for the switch and it could be a Smash 4 ported or could be a whole new Smash game. Well if we got a new Smash game, don't you think Marshadow would be a good character to have? I mean it is a pretty cool idea and should be thought about. So what do you guys think, Should Marshadow be a possible new Character?

I'd like to see Phermosa as a character. Yeah, I think Marshadow would be pretty cool.

I don't know too many Gen 7 Pokémon but besides Decidueye (even though he's in Pokken Tournament) I would definitely think Marshadow has a chance in the new roster. I think Marshadow would play a lot like Lucas and Ness because they have a similar size and they have similar powers.

Reactions: Dark Link
Should Marshadow be a possible new Character?
Yeah, I think Marshadow would be pretty cool
Technically speaking, it's a ghost type so how are physical attacks going to hit it? :panda:

Scratch that. Decidueye is in Pokken according to @Artisan D:

If we get back all of the Pokemon characters in the new Smash game, I wouldn't really want to see another Pokemon character added unless they get rid of two of the current Pokemon characters. We have enough already >.<

So we all know that Marshadow is a new Mythical Pokemon and that many Pokemon Fans love this Pokemon. Well we are expecting a Super Smash Bros. game for the switch and it could be a Smash 4 ported or could be a whole new Smash game. Well if we got a new Smash game, don't you think Marshadow would be a good character to have? I mean it is a pretty cool idea and should be thought about. So what do you guys think, Should Marshadow be a possible new Character?

>Another Pokémon character in Smash
>A Pokémon that isn't even half as popular as any of the characters in Smash
>Character that hasn't been chilled enough in different Pokemon media to be recognizable enough to warrant a spot (Unlike Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo and the starter)

Yeah, I'm putting $200 on "Is never going to happen ever"
Maybe as a Pokeball Pokemon

Where's the confirmation there will even BE a fifth Smash Bros. game?
I'm just sayin', if y'all are just expecting it with no proof it's actually gonna happen, you might just end up being preeeetty disappointed...

@Kitsune_Sakura64, well put. I guess I got a bit tied into the hypothetical because someone else was tied in it too. (And that guy who was tied in it was tied in it by another who is also tied in it.)

I haven't heard of another Smash game, so I wouldn't know what to say, but concerning Marshadow I think it could be something to think about. I don't have the little bugger myself, so I wouldn't know how useful it would be, but I think it would be good to include some Pokémon characters. I think it would be cool to possibly see the Pokémon Trainer return for another match, but I know Humans aren't really the center point of Pokémon, so that could be a long shot.

I think getting another Pokemon character is smash is pretty unlikely. I can see Pichu coming back as a Pikachu alternate color, or possibly as DLC after the release of a new smash... but probably nothing other then that.

If anything I think Decidueye would make it in, seeing as he is basically the Greninja of gen 7, much to my dismay. I don’t think we need another brawler type character much like we don’t need swordsmen. We’d need zoners with strong projectile game if anything.

@Floral I agree, but would other Pokemon from the Pokemon Tekken games be good additions?

As a Pokemon fan, this would be AWESOME. But one thing, to appease the fans, his final smash MUST be ''Soul Stealing Seven-Star Strike''. Its his Z-Move so why not?

Not wanting to be that guy, but I doubt it's going to happen. There are already way enough characters representing the Pokémon franchise in SSB, and implying we get a Smash 4 DX/Smash 5, it's likely they'll want to reserve the slot for a character that could represent one of the Switch's big games (I'd put money on some Xenoblade 2 (Rex/Pyra surely) character, because we already have Zelda, Pokémon, Mario represented. I'm not putting Splatoon, because, even if it could happen, the chances are a bit too low).

Don't forget that Smash Bros. also influences the sales of other games (as it was proven with Xenoblade (for SSB4) & Fire Emblem (SSBM & SSBB)), so I think that by Nintendo's standards, Pokémon will have plenty enough of exposition.

And, to finish, if we were to get another Pokémon character, I'd put my money on a starter. 7th Gen for obvious reasons.

It would sooooo cool but It is confirmed that it will not be happening...

BUT

Marshadow has been confirmed to be in the game! Not as a playable character but as a Poke Ball. Marshadow delivers Soul stealing 7 star strikes to opponents. Its pretty cool but too bad he is not playable in the game. I am glad Marshadow is in the game.

I hope to see more Pokemon in the game though. Maybe Decidueye.

Last edited:
Marshadow being in a Poke Ball basically guarantees he won't be in the roster. Too bad. He could be very playable!

If any of the Gen 7 starters, it would be Decidueye or Incineroar. Primarina could be really hard to make as a fighter since it doesn't really have legs, so it would drag itself across the ground and struggle to fight properly.

Decidueye could be a little hard as well, and Incineroar would be the best since he's very human-like. Incineroar's Final Smash would be Malicious Moonsault. He locks onto a player, traps them in a wrestling ring, and does his Z-Move. Too bad they aren't in this game... :(

Back