Should DS games have more support?

• Thread starter Dark Link
  • Start date
Dark Link

Dark Link

The Forgotten Soul
Towns Folk
So we all know that DS games were popular and made the Nintendo DS a best seller. But now there is the 3DS and it has more functions, including a 3D mode, and can play 3DS games Along with DS games. Well the thing is, maybe some DS games should get a update? The reason is Nintendo could release DLC or even give them more options for controls like the "C" Stick. Some games like Super Mario 64 DS is one great game that could use the "C" Stick, or even Mario Kart DS could have some DLC characters? So I want to know is Should DS games have more support? Let me know what you guys think and what games could have more support.

There would litteraly be no reason for nintendo to do this, as almost mobody plays DS games anymore, and for more reference, tons of people want the 3DS to die already so those people are going to get more mad, maybe this would've been a neat when the 3DS just came out, but nowadays the DS is just too old for most people to care

Seeing as you can play DS games on the 3ds it would be nice for them to do so but sadly I don't think they ever will. A lot of people even think the 3ds is dying out when it really isn't . It still making nintendo a decent sum of money and games are still coming out of it. I would like to see the 3ds keep going for a good while before they ever think of discontinuing it . It still to soon to right it off cause the switch is still a new born and it still has some issues that needs to be ironed out. So it would be stupid to drop what is making them money right now and that is still in demand.

To be honest, The 3DS is one of my childhood friends. I got the very first one when it came out back in 2011. The first one I ever got was the small one, the very first one in production. Ever since then, I have gotten every model to date. (Excluding the 2DS and New 2DS XL.) The 3DS is a very fun system, and to be honest, I think the new games that they are making are a great idea! For example, Monster Hunter Stories. When I played the special demo version of the game, i was immediately hooked. Nintendo still knows how to make great spin-offs. When I first saw the game, I had no interest, as I don't really care about the Monster Hunter series in general. But that all changed when I played the demo. (To be perfectly honest, I'm still trying to get it.) Another great example is Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions. When I first saw the trailer for the game, i was hyperventilating. I wanted it so bad! (Come to think of it, I still want it.) All to say, The 3DS is surely not dying, at least not to me. As for the DS games being updated, all I say is... BRING. BACK. WIFI CONNECTION!!! Pretty much everyone I know loved to play with the WiFi connection on both the Wii and the DS. When Nintendo cancelled it, I was furious. All to say, updating DS games would be fun, and very surprising. However, don't count on it. Nintendo will never do it. But it would still be fun to have. What do you guys think?

Reactions: Kadaj and Dark Link
To be honest, The 3DS is one of my childhood friends. I got the very first one when it came out back in 2011. The first one I ever got was the small one, the very first one in production. Ever since then, I have gotten every model to date. (Excluding the 2DS and New 2DS XL.) The 3DS is a very fun system, and to be honest, I think the new games that they are making are a great idea! For example, Monster Hunter Stories. When I played the special demo version of the game, i was immediately hooked. Nintendo still knows how to make great spin-offs. When I first saw the game, I had no interest, as I don't really care about the Monster Hunter series in general. But that all changed when I played the demo. (To be perfectly honest, I'm still trying to get it.) Another great example is Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions. When I first saw the trailer for the game, i was hyperventilating. I wanted it so bad! (Come to think of it, I still want it.) All to say, The 3DS is surely not dying, at least not to me. As for the DS games being updated, all I say is... BRING. BACK. WIFI CONNECTION!!! Pretty much everyone I know loved to play with the WiFi connection on both the Wii and the DS. When Nintendo cancelled it, I was furious. All to say, updating DS games would be fun, and very surprising. However, don't count on it. Nintendo will never do it. But it would still be fun to have. What do you guys think?

Yeah i got pretty upset when they just pulled the plug on the wifi >.< completely got me off guard, and for a while i had simply thought the server i connected to was down, but nope it wouldn't work anywhere. Had some nice stats on mario kart wii and mario kart ds online which had me thinking 'i did all of that just for this to happen'. While it was still fun at least, the event wasn't very pleasing. I thought maybe it might be available through a wii u and 3ds system but i dont think thats so which is just too bad, it would seem fair since you bought their new system for that to work in my opinion

I like Nintendo DS games but they're now something long gone. It'd be a waste of time trying to add support or even bring back the wifi connection features even if many people didn't like it. Just move on. The only thing that I would've liked to happen is if DS games could be downloadable in the 3DS E-shop. It makes soo much sense but noo.

Reactions: Kadaj
I like Nintendo DS games but they're now something long gone. It'd be a waste of time trying to add support or even bring back the wifi connection features even if many people didn't like it. Just move on. The only thing that I would've liked to happen is if DS games could be downloadable in the 3DS E-shop. It makes soo much sense but noo.

Yeah i was also hoping for them to be accessible in 3DS eshop since it would've worked anyway but i guess Nintendo chose not to. Why they did this for wii u though and not 3ds, i'll never get it lol.

Still think wifi support on more recent models for this though would be nice. The only questionable thing here to me is how much attention this would be given had it actually happened. That's what im not too sure about with advancing generations.

Back