Will you still play the 3DS once the Switch comes out?

• Thread starter King Of 3D
  • Start date
I'm not getting a Switch until after I get a N3DS and Wii U and finish everything that interests me on both. That does mean that I won't play with them further after that, because Nintendo will likely also stoo producing games for the 3DS this year, and BotW will be that last relevant release for Wii U, so both of them will be dead by then

Not exactly true WellExcuseMePrincess the 3DS was there 2nd best selling system having so many great games released on it. They will keep making games for awhile that's for certain because they get so much money by just the games,also speaking the N 3DS in general and there "Versions" it was a huge success and Nintendo isn't dumb.

There's still too many good titles and eShop VC titles that I don't own yet and there's still more on the way, so I'm going to be set playing with a 3DS for a good while to come.

I almost definitely will. Not for any new games (except for probably Pikmin), but instead of finish my looonng list of games I need to get through. Couldn't play a bunch because the shoulder buttons were busted on my old one but I recently bought a 2DS.

Still need to finish.. *shudder* Sticker Star :/

Well, since I still play my Gameboy SP, (my GBA is broken),fairly rarely, but nevertheless, I still play the 3 games I can find, I will highly likely still play my 3ds. Also, I bought a lot of 3ds games...so... yeah I want to get my moneys worth forever. Also, it's always nice to go back to old tech once and a while. It gives that nostalgic feeling, and it just good to play old things, knowing you have something better to look forward to. Anyway, with the switch on it's way, I think the 3ds will still live on strong. And I think the franchise of the DS will continue to be upgraded,hopefully. Yet, I'm not 100% sure.

Also, of the approximate 70 DS/3DS games I have.. I've completed about 30... so I have some work to do.

Easy answer. Yes but less

I like Final Fantasy X and X-2 since way back in the day, there's a Steam version now, should I get rid of my PS2 Copies for that?
they got there Playstation 4 Neo thingy, put I won't get rid of my PS2 because of that
if they release this Switch, you will simply say "I don't like 3DS anymore" and put it away in a box on the basement? just like that? what if you don't like Switch? you already sold your 3DS on eBay and have to stick with a console you don't like and the one you new so well is who knows where

i will still play the 3ds. The 3ds is what introed me to Video Games

i will still play the 3ds. The 3ds is what introed me to Video Games
With the risk of being called English / Grammar Police, have to say "introed" is not a word

Nope. Sorry. I'm content with the 3DS right now, and honestly, I don't see any reason why I should buy a Switch. Maybe if my parents stopped having children at me, then that would be a probability, but nevertheless, I have 4 younger siblings. Knowing them, they'd probably lose both of the sliding-controller thingies, and maybe damage the screen a little. I guess that's why there isn't a Wii U in my house. Huh.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Of course. A) I probably won't get the switch till May-ish because that's around my birthday so I could save up some birthday money as well as my paycheck. Heck, maybe I'll be able to pull some $20 for straight A's this trimester! :p B) I have so many great games on my 3DS that I've spent $40 on each. I have probably spent at least (assuming I have 10+ games which I do) $400 on games which scares me now that I think about it. What have I done?! And C) My 3DS is the Marjora's Mask special addition and there's no way I'm ever abandoning that thing. It's worth $500+ and I got it for <$200 so it's not going into some closet or drawer anytime soon. Or at least when my parents give it back... ;)

I'm pretty sure even when the 3DS is bleeding money by the end of the year nintendo will keep it on life support and eventually cut out production mid 2018, but won't die for a lot of people and people will play both its game library and the diverse switch library as well. I wont completely ditch my 3DS until it fully breaks.

Yes, I think I might still playing 3DS, even though quite less than usual.

I'll most likely play it every now and again, it won't be forgotten. I still have some games to complete anyways. I won't be getting the Switch until summer (when Splat2n releases, I'm so hyped!). Plus there aren't many games out at the moment for the Switch, so I don't think many players will ditch the 3DS so quickly/easily.

Yea because Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon is coming in 3 months Lol and besides I haven't even got the shiny charm in Pokémon Moon also I haven't even bought the Nintendo Switch Lol might buy this year or next yea also it's really important to also give both systems attention not only one I play the 3ds when I'm using my phone and when I'm watching tv I play the Wii U.

Well now the Switch is out lmao. But if I do get a switch, i'll probably alternate between my 3DS and Wii U more than play the switch anyway, it doesn't have many games so far. From looking at the current switch games, I only want a few of them so far, the others are "meh" for me it looks like.
But I like speed running paper mario in my spare time on the wii u, and im still getting games for my 3ds so I am not going to quit playing those consoles yet!

The switch looks really good though, taking the downsides of the wii u (I love the wii u as a lazy person, it has a TV remote feature) and making something better!

Well, that is a very excellent question, and I have an excellent answer. And that answer is NO!!!!!! My 3DS is like my bread and butter to me! Don't get me wrong, the switch is great, but I love the 3DS WAY more than I love the Switch, at least for now. Pretty much the only thing I play on the Switch right now is Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition. So, for right now, i love and use my 3DS way more than I use the Switch. Maybe when the Switch has some more interesting games, like Fire Emblem Warriors, or the new Yoshi and Kirby games. But for now, my 3DS is better for me. What do you guys think?

Well, that is a very excellent question, and I have an excellent answer. And that answer is NO!!!!!! ................
What do you guys think?

"Will you still play the 3DS once the Switch comes out?"
You answsered very passionately, "No", and yet the rest of your comment goes on to say why you like 3DS better than Switch.
#DiscrepencyDetected

Reactions: Pandaxclone2 and Danominator
I'll still use it

I think this is a good question, and I will tell you my personal case which might be similar to other users´cases, In my case, I already own both systems (even the wii u) and I still play 3ds games like zelda ocarina of time or majora´s mask (I still have to start it). The last game I bought for my nintendo 3ds was Metroid samus returns, which I am having a blast with the game, I love it! I already own the nintendo switch and I can play mario odyssey and splatoon 2. I am looking forward to getting skyrim as well

Back