Monster Hunter Stories

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date
image.jpeg
Monster Hunter Stories
Monster Hunter is a famous game for many reasons. From upgrading your armor and weapons to killing monsters. Your main goal in most Monster Hunter games is to complete quests by killing monsters. Monster Hunter Stories however takes a different direction. Monster Hunter Stories was released in Japan on October 8, 2016. However on September 8, 2017 many other people got to enjoy this wonderful game.

In this game many new things are possible, from riding monsters to knowing the secret of the Kinship Stone. Bonding with your monster is key to this game, you not only get to keep monsters to use in battle, but you can do quests and fight monsters like in other games too. If your brave enough you can steal a monsters egg which you can hatch later to get a monster.

This is a great game for anyone, whether kid or adult, I would highly recommend getting this especially if your a fan of Monster Hunter. If you plan on getting it then just know it's $39.99, don't worry though, getting this game is worth it.

So what are your thoughts? Will you get this game? Let me know what you guys think!

So in a matter of speaking, it's kinda like Pokemon?

So in a matter of speaking, it's kinda like Pokemon?
That question is commonly asked about this game, Well technically if you think about it, yes it's kinda like Pokemon. The battle format is kinda similar but isn't exactly like Pokemon. The only difference is that not only your Monster is fighting, but your also fighting in the battle.

I played the demo, and while having a pet Brachydios is the coolest thing since Atoraru Ka, the old 3ds doesnt seem to be able to handle the thing, with models popping into place when you become within five feet... various framerate drops and more.

I also dislike the lack of a run button, meaning i have to push all the way on the circle pad to make my Aptonoth (who i named 'Disapointment') run.

And I also dislike the choice of monsters. While some of my favourites are there like Stygian Zinogre, Tigrex, or Zamtrios, my ultra favourites like Lagiacrus, Gore Magala and more are not there, but I suppose that's how 3u players felt when they moved on to 4u.

I think a sequel for Nintendo Switch would be really cool, with more monsters (including elder dragons like Nergigante, Amatsu and Nakarkos) and more areas. It was really cool that you got to fight Fatalis, but maybe Atoraru Ka would be a cool choice as well...

I played the demo, and while having a pet Brachydios is the coolest thing since Atoraru Ka, the old 3ds doesnt seem to be able to handle the thing, with models popping into place when you become within five feet... various framerate drops and more.

I also dislike the lack of a run button, meaning i have to push all the way on the circle pad to make my Aptonoth (who i named 'Disapointment') run.

And I also dislike the choice of monsters. While some of my favourites are there like Stygian Zinogre, Tigrex, or Zamtrios, my ultra favourites like Lagiacrus, Gore Magala and more are not there, but I suppose that's how 3u players felt when they moved on to 4u.

I think a sequel for Nintendo Switch would be really cool, with more monsters (including elder dragons like Nergigante, Amatsu and Nakarkos) and more areas. It was really cool that you got to fight Fatalis, but maybe Atoraru Ka would be a cool choice as well...

Lagiacrus and Ivory Lagiacrus are in, since I definitely have them. It's just that they're hard to get (thanks RNG). But yeah for the old 3DS part, the frame rate is really choppy on it. As for Gore Magala, it would have been a weird choice, lore-wise. I mean, it's still technically an elder dragon, and one that propagates a disease that is basically "kill or be killed", which fits the main game, but probably wouldn't fit the coloured aspect of Stories. For the run part however, I also agree. While there's the Felyne to quickly move around the world, it's a pain when you're going for a monster nest on the other side of the map.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
Lagiacrus and Ivory Lagiacrus are in, since I definitely have them. It's just that they're hard to get (thanks RNG). But yeah for the old 3DS part, the frame rate is really choppy on it. As for Gore Magala, it would have been a weird choice, lore-wise. I mean, it's still technically an elder dragon, and one that propagates a disease that is basically "kill or be killed", which fits the main game, but probably wouldn't fit the coloured aspect of Stories. For the run part however, I also agree. While there's the Felyne to quickly move around the world, it's a pain when you're going for a monster nest on the other side of the map.

Ooooohh they have Lagi and Ivory Lagi? That's cool. I never did get the full game.

EDIT:
Jesus, I looked at some of the choices, and they're total garbage.
Blue Kut-Ku, Red Khezu, Cephadrome, Emerald Conga, Black Gravios, Ruby basarios, Purple Gypceros should not be there. That's just dumb.

On the other hand, I'm glad that classics like nargacuga, barroth, Jho, Nercsylla and more are there...

Last edited:
Reactions: D4rkDragon
Ooooohh they have Lagi and Ivory Lagi? That's cool. I never did get the full game.

EDIT:
Jesus, I looked at some of the choices, and they're total garbage.
Blue Kut-Ku, Red Khezu, Cephadrome, Emerald Conga, Black Gravios, Ruby basarios, Purple Gypceros should not be there. That's just dumb.

On the other hand, I'm glad that classics like nargacuga, barroth, Jho, Nercsylla and more are there...
See for yourself (made the screenshots from my copy) :
iD1L9sV.png

VsJ2JSY.png

(Excuse the poor resolution, but the 3DS's screens does not go any higher than 400*240)

For Khezu, I'd bet Japan had a say in it, since for some reason Khezu & Gigginox are really popular there. (Don't ask why, I just don't know, though it have changed recently according to a top that was posted on reddit)

Duplicate colours are basically Capcom's policy, I'm pretty sure they're ecologists, considering how they're fond of recycling. And I'd probably put some money that the rest is because Japan again, and mostly because those monsters were in Portable 2nd G (which is Freedom Unite in the rest of the world except Korea), so, nostalgia factor.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
For Khezu, I'd bet Japan had a say in it, since for some reason Khezu & Gigginox are really popular there. (Don't ask why, I just don't know, though it have changed recently according to a top that was posted on reddit)

Duplicate colours are basically Capcom's policy, I'm pretty sure they're ecologists, considering how they're fond of recycling. And I'd probably put some money that the rest is because Japan again, and mostly because those monsters were in Portable 2nd G (which is Freedom Unite in the rest of the world except Korea), so, nostalgia factor.

Wow he looks really fat... but anyway

The only reason i dislike those subspecies is because they're simple recolours that don't change much.
Other subspecies like Ivory Lagi, Tigerstripe Zam, Glacial Agnaktor and more, change the fight and original monsters strategies a lot more than the one's in my original post.

I can see why gigginox is popular though... he is really creepy and has a cool theme.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Back