Do I need to upgrade my device to 64 bit?

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I need a simple thing answered: Do one needs to upgrade their device for 64 bit? Or buy a new device? I tried downloading Game Maker 2's trial... and they told me I needed it.
(PLEASE help/explain in laymen's terms IF I can simply upgrade: Will it cost money, and what do I need to do?)

Reactions: Kakea
So, I'm guessing this is for your computer, so what operating system do you have? Is it the operating system that you need to be 64 bit? Do you have a 32 bit or 64 bit processor?

N2AgZzc.png
This should guide you on how to find out your processor in windows.

If you do have a 32 bit system then yes, you do need a 64 bit system since it limits a LOT of your computer. You can't use all the RAM you have in your PC, most programs wont work and your computer just wont work to it's fullest.

Reactions: Kakea and Mikaya
Thanks guys! I checkedmy tablet and confirmed it's 32 Bit. Wish me luck on upgrading it! :D

Thanks guys! I checkedmy tablet and confirmed it's 32 Bit. Wish me luck on upgrading it! :D

Oh tablet? Oh that's different. What tablet do you have exactly, since they can be really hard to get to being x64 if they're not already since the processor in them are usually x86 if they've got a x86 system.

Oh tablet? Oh that's different. What tablet do you have exactly, since they can be really hard to get to being x64 if they're not already since the processor in them are usually x86 if they've got a x86 system.

From what I'm reading no...

It's a e-Matic Intel Atom Quad processor... I would give more detail, but I don't know where the box or instructions are anymore... The system page and name shows that along with the 32 bit thing and x64 bit processor(?)

What does that mean? I thought it could only "handle" 32 bits? But it also says 64? Why couldn't it download?

From what I'm reading no...

It's a e-Matic Intel Atom Quad processor... I would give more detail, but I don't know where the box or instructions are anymore... The system page and name shows that along with the 32 bit thing and x64 bit processor(?)

What does that mean? I thought it could only "handle" 32 bits? But it also says 64? Why couldn't it download?

That's kinda confusing. Are you able to take a screenshot or something of the system page?

I couldn't take a screenshot, but... Honey, I've shrunken the windows! Hahahaha! (Sorry for the reference, I simply resized the pages side by side)

System
Manufacturer:Ematic
Model:EWT932
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(R) CPU Z3735G @ 1.33GHz 1.33 GHz
System Type:32-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I typed all the necessary looking information on the System page! :D (The rest was computer name and the Pen and Touch thing...)

Reactions: 28142
I couldn't take a screenshot, but... Honey, I've shrunken the windows! Hahahaha! (Sorry for the reference, I simply resized the pages side by side)

System
Manufacturer:Ematic
Model:EWT932
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(R) CPU Z3735G @ 1.33GHz 1.33 GHz
System Type:32-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I typed all the necessary looking information on the System page! :D (The rest was computer name and the Pen and Touch thing...)

What OS have you got on there currently?

How do I find it? I don't see (or know what it means) where to look for it...

How do I find it? I don't see (or know what it means) where to look for it...

What device to you have exactly?

emetic Windows Tablet

If your device's RAM is lower than 4 GB, I don't think you have to upgrade, but if its 4 GB or more, Its better to upgrade as 32 bit system can support limited amount of memory.

64 bit is the default for most apps, However if you have low RAM, you may want to stick with 32

What OS have you got on there currently?
OS is referring to Operating System, there are 3 main OSes -lol- Windows (What you have), Mac, and Linux. There is also Ubuntu, but that is limited

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol my Nintendo 64 is 64 bit what are you guys doing this is old tech we should be at 100bit by now yeesh. I totally know what i am talking about.

Reactions: Jisenku
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back