Last movie you saw

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
ohhhhh that sounds kind of cool actually @Naiwen although it really depends on how well it was executed, was it any good? Also @3dsCollector Hardy Har Har, can you tell I'm literally dying on the floor from laughter at your joke? It was that funny (;))

Reactions: Duffy
@3dsCollector Hardy Har Har, can you tell I'm literally dying on the floor from laughter at your joke? It was that funny (;))
Lol it was a good one

I'm not dead yet so I don't know what the last movie I've seen is.
Dramatic much :p They meant 'latest'.

As for me, it was either Atomic Blonde or The Hitman's Bodyguard- not sure which.

Atomic Blonde is visually stunning, the music choice is great, the plot is very fast paced, albeit a bit simple and predictable. When it comes to cinematography this film can't be beat. When it comes to action; itś got plenty. What I like in particular is that the fightscenes don't feel stylised and choreographed. Instead they are raw, shocking and a bit disgusting....realistic, in my opinion. The film doesn't offer much mystery for a spy film, but it is worth the watch. (Also, don't watch if you usually don't watch Pegi 16 films, this one's pretty graphic.)

The Hitman's Bodyguard isn't outstanding either, but it's fun. There's action, there's jokes, there's love. If you are bored and looking for a 'low effort' film to watch, try this one. While teh plot might not be much, the combination of Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson is just perfect. It feels like they are hardly acting, as if they kick .... all day for a living. Simply put; the lead actors have to carry the film but they do so marvelously.

Reactions: Duffy
ohhhhh that sounds kind of cool actually @Naiwen although it really depends on how well it was executed, was it any good? Also @3dsCollector Hardy Har Har, can you tell I'm literally dying on the floor from laughter at your joke? It was that funny (;))
Yeah, it was.

Justice League for me. It wasn't bad (it was a good movie) but I was expecting it to be a lot better than it was.

Edit: I loved this part :

Last edited:
Justice League for me. It wasn't bad (it was a good movie) but I was expecting it to be a lot better than it was.

Edit: I loved this part :

I saw that one too! But the latest was the hunchback of Notredame. It was fun to watch it in English (rather than French) for once. Muuuch easier to understand. :hilarious:

@Marc I didn't really like justice league at all. I do not really understand at all why DC cannot make movies as good as Marvel. While the combat looked kinda good, Steppenwolf was a bland kind of villain, it did not really get me invested in his evil plan. The little bit of a humor that was in the movie was ruined for me because the movie took itself way too seriously, thus really killing off any real humor. Some of the stuff didn't really add up to me either. Like how in the amazon's home Steppenwolf was slaying amazons left and right, but then two scenes later Wonder Women by herself is able to withstand him. It makes no sense. Aquaman made no sense either, and he and cyborg really did not get a lot of screen time for being part of the league. But the biggest problem I had with Aquaman is that his powers are the ability to manipulate water. There are only two scenes where he really does this and in the final battle some of the crazy stuff he does also implies he has super strength. Maybe in the comics he does but from what I was aware aquaman was only supposed to be able to control water, breathe underwater, and talk to fish. To me they kind of stepped outside of the boundaries. Finally, I did not really like the "drama" between Batman and Wonder Women, it seemed so fake. But yeah I did not really justice league that much. It was just so disappointing, it could have been so much better. This could have been their chance to show everybody that they can be as good as Marvel and that the Justice League is just as good as the avengers. However if the movie shows anything it's that Marvel Studies knows how to make a good movie, while DC is still struggling with the concept. The craziest part is that Wonder Women was a great movie. Wonder Women was a step forward into a better future for DC, while Justice League puts them three steps back.

Warning to those who read this post:
contents of this post may be considered as spoilers.
Like how in the amazon's home Steppenwolf was slaying amazons left and right, but then two scenes later Wonder Women by herself is able to withstand him. It makes no sense.
Wonder Woman has the blood of the old gods unlike the many Amazon women who died fighting him.
Aquaman made no sense either, and he and cyborg really did not get a lot of screen time for being part of the league.
They weren't a part of the league and both gave some difficulties to join, but they eventually joined.
But the biggest problem I had with Aquaman is that his powers are the ability to manipulate water. There are only two scenes where he really does this and in the final battle some of the crazy stuff he does also implies he has super strength. Maybe in the comics he does but from what I was aware aquaman was only supposed to be able to control water, breathe underwater, and talk to fish.
I don't know too much about Aquaman, but he's a big guy. Pretty sure he's capable of doing some damage ;) Remember, he didn't do so well against Superman like how Wonder Woman managed to do during the fight (headbutt, etc).

Wonder Woman has the blood of the old gods unlike the many Amazon women who died fighting him.

Yeah but the movie Wonder Women portrayed her pretty her as having basically equal strength as the other amazons. If this is the case, why doesn't Steppenwolf do away with her immediately?

They weren't a part of the league and both gave some difficulties to join, but they eventually joined..

I know, but once they did they felt like background characters, not really getting any other real screentime. They felt like the fourth member of the Ghostbusters in the original movie, just kind of there. If they are part of the league than they should have had a bigger presence.

I don't know too much about Aquaman, but he's a big guy. Pretty sure he's capable of doing some damage ;) Remember, he didn't do so well against Superman like how Wonder Woman managed to do during the fight (headbutt, etc).​

Yeah I know, but in the final fight he's taking out the enemies so easily, and it's not like there was any water nearby or anything. Aquaman shouldn't be this big bad guy who stabs people with a trident like they made him out to be, which is what I was trying to get at. They focused too much on his brute force and him stabbing people than his actual abilities as Aquaman, leader of atlantis.​

Yeah but the movie Wonder Women portrayed her pretty her as having basically equal strength as the other amazons. If this is the case, why doesn't Steppenwolf do away with her immediately?
I never finished Wonder Woman, but from the parts I've seen, she did seem to have superhuman strength. She was able to jump to the tower with the sniper after a boost from the guy main character for example.
I know, but once they did they felt like background characters, not really getting any other real screentime. They felt like the fourth member of the Ghostbusters in the original movie, just kind of there. If they are part of the league than they should have had a bigger presence.
Cyborg wasn't really a background character. He helped track down Steppenwolf as well as disconnect the three boxes with Superman. I noticed him a lot after he joined the league.

Aquaman didn't really have an important role but he did show up when he was needed and gave me a few laughs when he was sitting on Wonder Woman's rope of truth xD
Yeah I know, but in the final fight he's taking out the enemies so easily, and it's not like there was any water nearby or anything. Aquaman shouldn't be this big bad guy who stabs people with a trident like they made him out to be, which is what I was trying to get at. They focused too much on his brute force and him stabbing people than his actual abilities as Aquaman, leader of atlantis.​
Those fly guys seemed really weak. Even Batman had little to no trouble fighting them without any of his heavy artillery. It was land he was fighting on so there wasn't really water for him to show his true power.

@Marc I didn't really like justice league at all. I do not really understand at all why DC cannot make movies as good as Marvel. While the combat looked kinda good, Steppenwolf was a bland kind of villain, it did not really get me invested in his evil plan. The little bit of a humor that was in the movie was ruined for me because the movie took itself way too seriously, thus really killing off any real humor. Some of the stuff didn't really add up to me either. Like how in the amazon's home Steppenwolf was slaying amazons left and right, but then two scenes later Wonder Women by herself is able to withstand him. It makes no sense. Aquaman made no sense either, and he and cyborg really did not get a lot of screen time for being part of the league. But the biggest problem I had with Aquaman is that his powers are the ability to manipulate water. There are only two scenes where he really does this and in the final battle some of the crazy stuff he does also implies he has super strength. Maybe in the comics he does but from what I was aware aquaman was only supposed to be able to control water, breathe underwater, and talk to fish. To me they kind of stepped outside of the boundaries. Finally, I did not really like the "drama" between Batman and Wonder Women, it seemed so fake. But yeah I did not really justice league that much. It was just so disappointing, it could have been so much better. This could have been their chance to show everybody that they can be as good as Marvel and that the Justice League is just as good as the avengers. However if the movie shows anything it's that Marvel Studies knows how to make a good movie, while DC is still struggling with the concept. The craziest part is that Wonder Women was a great movie. Wonder Women was a step forward into a better future for DC, while Justice League puts them three steps back.
Short explanation? Zack Snyder's daughter committed suicide halfway through making this film, so he was replaced. The new director thought the film was too dark and changed the plot around, but since most scenes had already been shot he had to work around that. They even changed some scenes and settings using some rather rushed CGI. (Remember the scene where the Flash comes back from the future? That one felt completely out of place to me, but that's because it belong to a different storyline.)
This means that all DC films in this universe up until now had been building up to this film in a slow fashion, but rather than a climax we got a mush of different styles and storylines. These directors have *very* different artstyles after all (the colour schemes alone make it easy to tell which scenes where original). The superpowers were changed too, and 90% of the Cyborg scenes got cut because he was rather depressed and that would have made the film 'too dark'. So instead his origin story is mashed into 2 scenes. The Aquaman scenes got cut because they wanted to save them up for his own movie. (Jup, stupid move.)
Read the original plans for the script some time, we almost got awesomeness. (They were originally headed full Injustice with Superman going on a completely mad killing streak! They also explained why Steppenwolf wanted those boxes so badly and why he kept calling them mother- the literal essence of his mother had been locked away in them. That's why he freaked out completely when he lost them, can't blame him. He intended to free his mother then together with her overthrow Darkseid. Would have been amazing, but hey!)

The reason DC fails is because they are hesitant to head for their own style, rather than doing whatever the public demands. Marvel went wherever they wanted, and that got us 2 extremely bad Thor films, one okayish Captain America story, but from thereon, because they kept holding on to their plans, a really strong universe.

Last edited:
@PersonSP I am aware of what happened to Zack Snyder, it is extremely sad and he deserves to be able to step back and recollect himself. However in terms of the movie it seems that it was actually bad for it. AGAIN I fully believe that Snyder should have a break but that original plan for the movie sounds so much better than what we got. There are certain parts of the movie where it feels very rough and you can tell that each director decided to take the movie in a very different direction. While the whole thing is very sad it doesn't deny that this movie had a ton of potential, even with the switching of directors. That's probably the saddest part of the movie, it could have been so much more but that's not what it turned out to be.

Reactions: PersonSP
The last movie I watched was Get Out. I'm not into horror films but that one broke me. It was just about perfect with mystery, creepiness, a dash of humor and relevance in today's world. It's a movie I will recommend everyone watch until my dying breath. Its just that good.

Jumanji 2.

I watched Star Wars: The Last Jedi at the cinema this afternoon. I have to say it was a great film, I mean it was Star Wars so this was expected I guess. If you're a Star Wars fan and haven't seen it yet then I would run over to your nearest cinema and watch it before someone on the internet spoils it for you. Not sure why, but my friends weren't as big fans of it as I was.

Without trying to spoil it too much, there were a few sad scenes but overall the film was great and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I watched Star Wars: The Last Jedi at the cinema this afternoon. I have to say it was a great film, I mean it was Star Wars so this was expected I guess.

You my friend are forgetting episodes 1, 2, and 3.

All Dogs go to Heaven

This was one of my favorite movies to watch when I was little and now watching it when I am older I still find it a pretty good watch.

Although it gained a new level of sadness when I found out that Judith Barsi, the girl who voiced Anne-Marie in the movie, was murdered by her dad just after all of her lines were recorded. :cry:

Paddington 1.

Star Wars: The last Jedi . Really good film, husband and myself were very impressed with it. We have been fans since forever, and could analyse and overthink why they did certain things, but I won't, because there is no point until I get to see it again.

Star Wars The Last Jedi
Star Wars: The last Jedi . Really good film, husband and myself were very impressed with it. We have been fans since forever, and could analyse and overthink why they did certain things, but I won't, because there is no point until I get to see it again.
YESSSSsssss I saw that one too recently. I am masively impressed by the acting, I very much enjoy the story (I like how they are finally dipping into murkier waters and showing the uglier sides of war, and of the main characters as well) and I am in love with visuals from the Salt Plain battle.
Although I really liked the visuals of the lightspeed jump through Snoke's ship too. Not to mention the Rey-Kylo team up in the throne room. The choreography for that lightsaber battle was just pure eyegasm."

Back