• SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy
  • ACA NEOGEO ART OF FIGHTING 2
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle DLC
  • PAYDAY 2
  • Fe
  • Celeste
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Nintendo Switch
  • Dark Souls Remastered
I didn't get the opportunity to play Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze on the Wii U so I'm kind of excited to try it out on the Nintendo Switch. Other than that, only Kirby Star Allies and Mario Tennis Aces interest me.

What about you guys? What did you think about the direct?

Reactions: TribstyAnn, Theresia and V_Weeb
The fact that they're remaking TWEWY for the Switch is so cool! Especially since I am still playing it, too.

Reactions: Ashkil
The Mario odyssey update means a lot of stuff
-they can still add new content to it
- it’s not the only update, since other games were like this too

Dark Souls portable! <3
I already have TWEWT on DS and I'll get Ys VIII on Vita, but still there are many interesting things for Switch.

Y'know what? I was hoping for Hyrule Warriors to be ported to Switch (because it's not fair to only have Fire Emblem folks fighting around), but I did not expect it to be announced so soon. Besides of that, it's nice to see that Kirby Star Allies is set to release on March 16th :) I hope I can get the Switch before that day comes, then.

Reactions: Samster
Nothing of interest in this list besides perhaps Donkey Kong Country and Hyrule Warriors. I'll be waiting for Terraria and the potential Skyward Sword remaster before I decide to update my Switch.

Oh my dear god... Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition!?!? (starts hyperventilating uncontrollably)

Yeah, Pokken is good, but call me when this becomes a thing:

Will Dark Souls Remastered be the Dark Souls of the Switch? Assuming it can take that title away from Breath of the Wild.

This Direct reminded me that I need to buy a Switch soon, it has a great library already, and it only gets better. The Dark Souls remaster is a must have in my game collection.

The fact that they're remaking TWEWY for the Switch is so cool! Especially since I am still playing it, too.

Not just are they remaking it, they're also adding a new epilogue! The hype train is boarded and ready to go!

So it was true after all.

List of games from the Direct Mini :
  • The World Ends with You -Final Remix-
  • Pokkén Tournament DX DLC
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • Kirby Battle Royale & Dragon Quest Builders Demos
  • Hyrule Warriors Definitive Version
  • Mario Tennis Aces
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
  • Super Mario Odyssey Update - Luigi’s Balloon World
  • SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy
  • ACA NEOGEO ART OF FIGHTING 2
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle DLC
  • PAYDAY 2
  • Fe
  • Celeste
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Nintendo Switch
  • Dark Souls Remastered
I didn't get the opportunity to play Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze on the Wii U so I'm kind of excited to try it out on the Nintendo Switch. Other than that, only Kirby Star Allies and Mario Tennis Aces interest me.

What about you guys? What did you think about the direct?

Well, I'm not really hyped or optimistic. The only thing that really interests me is the Super Mario Odyssey update, to see what it does, and that's about it. DQB's demo was already up in the Japanese eShop if I recall correctly, so playing it was only a matter of being "fan" enough I suppose, PayDay 2 was free on Steam not too long ago, so I'm sure a ton of Switch users with PCs might already have it, Hyrule Warriors already had a "definitive" version on 3DS, despite having a lower resolution and poor framerate on original 3DS, and the SNK games were bound to be brought to NA/EU anyway since they were also up on JP.

So, it's kinda hard to be hyped* by this Direct, unless you're a SNK, TWETY, or something else fan. But I'm confident that it will change. We've been in 2018 for only 12 days now, so they've still got 353 days to surpass themselves.

(*Yes, I shouldn't have, but I was expecting some details about some games that were teased at the E3. Even if it would have happened to be just a single-picture eye candy, along with a "don't forget that 2018/2019 will be the release year for X" that would still have been nice.)

A little disspointing that pokken dlc is again paid and not free, but at least it's dlc. Also mario odyssey getting dlc is nice

The games being ported over are nice. Did not expect hyrule warriors to come over but its cool it's here.

Gotta say that donkey kong trailer for mario + rabbids was pretty cool. Also hyped for dark souls!!

cool. I'm always up for a quick smash. The post is awesome. So dude, i'll play and smash. So play and smash with me so we can test other people. It's cool. So play,smash, and do cool stuff.

I think Nintendo is doing great this time when addressing their fans, they offereded new content coming in the upcoming months, which is something I really like and a lot of updates for their already released games such as mario odyssey and pokken tournament dx. Besides the fact that they are porting wii u games to the switch is something that really makes me happy because people who did´t have the wii u back in the day, are going to be able to enjoy those great games on the nintendo switch, I am talking specially about donkey Kong tropical freeze, really good game.

Reactions: TerraKnight
Thankfully this version of Ys VIII will likely have the revised script and the PS4 version's extra content. I enjoyed it on the Vita, but I'd love to try the PS4 exclusives sometime.

Back