The 3 Worst Zelda Games

• Thread starter Dark Link
  • Start date
Dark Link

Dark Link

The Forgotten Soul
Towns Folk
You may not even heard of these three games or seen them before but here I'd like to talk about the three worst Zelda Games (Even though I wish they were better). You may be wondering what I mean by that title, well these games were terrible and there is a huge reason why. So let me tell you about these Zelda games that never were good.

image.png
Link: The Faces of Evil
Ignoring the fact that this game says "Link" instead of "The Legend of Zelda", this game is actually one that looks good by its cover, but don't let that fool you. This game is absolutely terrible. The game wanted to include cutscenes in which once you progress through the story you will get cutscenes to "expand" your knowledge on the story. However the lack of a true Zelda game in this made it appear on Top 10 Worst Games All Time.

Plot

Wikipedia said:
The story begins in Hyrule Castle, where a bored Link (the series' protagonist) discusses with King Harkinian the prospects of new adventure. Soon Link's hopes are fulfilled, as a wizard named Gwonam arrives on a magic carpet, telling them that Ganon (the series' antagonist) and his minions have taken over the island of Koridai. Although King Harkinian immediately offers aid, Gwonam explains that according to a prophecy, only Link can defeat Ganon. Link is transported to Koridai and Gwonam shows him the fabled island's giant stone statues known as the Faces of Evil which Link must conquer. During Link's time in Koridai, Princess Zelda is kidnapped by Ganon and imprisoned in his lair.

Questing to rescue the Princess and to liberate Koridai, Link is sent by the Ice Queen to Fortress Centrum to retrieve the Treasure of Death. At the fortress, Link finds what appears to be a sleeping Zelda. Once awakened, however, the figure transforms into Goronu, a shapeshifting necromancer who works for Ganon. After defeating Goronu, Link retrieves the Crystal of Reflection, which allows his shield to reflect curses.

Link then proceeds to defeat Ganon's minions, which include the revived Goronu, the anthropomorphic pig Harlequin, the armored pyrokinetic Militron, the three-eyed wolfgirl Lupay, and the gluttonous cyclops Glutko, the last from which the Book of Koridai is retrieved. A translator named Ipo reveals that the book itself is enough to defeat Ganon.

After trekking through Ganon's Lair, Link finally reaches Ganon, who attempts to recruit Link with the promise of great power and the threat of death. After the ensuing battle, Link imprisons him in the Book of Koridai and then awakens the sleeping princess Zelda. Gwonam appears and congratulates Link on imprisoning Ganon. He shows the two a recovering Koridai and declares Link the island's hero. However, Zelda refuses to kiss him as a reward.

This game was released 1993, along with Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon which is basically a new and different game.
That brings us to our Second game.

image.png
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon
Again ignoring the fact this one says "Zelda" and not saying "The Legend of Zelda", this games cover and title is questionable. This game is the same way as The Faces of Evil, it is absolutely terrible and was on a Top 10 Worst Games of All Time list. The game is basically pointless for Zelda. She tries to find Link and travels a long ways, yet Link is actually at Hyrule Castle stuck in a Mirror

Plot
Wikipedia said:
King Harkinian announces his plan to aid Duke Onkled of Gamelon when the latter falls under attack by Ganon, and orders Zelda to send Link for backup in case she does not hear from him within a month. A month passes without word from the King, so Zelda sends Link to find him.

Unfortunately, he too goes missing, so Zelda ventures off to Gamelon (accompanied by the elderly Impa) to find both Link and the King. During Zelda's time in Gamelon, Impa discovers that King Harkinian has been captured, and that Link has engaged in a battle, the outcome of which is unclear. As she adventures across the island, Zelda meets many friendly characters and battles with many monsters and enemies including the villains Gibdo and Iron Knuckle. Along her travels Zelda battles the sorcerer, Wizzrobe, to free Lady Alma, who gives Zelda a canteen that she claims Link gave her in exchange for a kiss.

On reaching Duke Onkled's palace, Domodai Palace, it is revealed that Duke Onkled has betrayed the King and is working for Ganon. Zelda storms the palace, kills Ganon's minion Hectan, and saves an imprisoned Spaniard named Lord Kiro who used to work for the King. Lord Kiro reveals the secret entrance to Onkled's chamber, and when they confront him he reveals the entrance to Reesong Palace, where Ganon has taken residence.

Zelda travels to the Shrine of Gamelon to defeat the head-switching chimera Omfak and obtain the Wand needed to defeat Ganon, and she also visits Nokani Forest to obtain the magic lantern needed to clear the darkness around Ganon. Finally at Reesong Palace, Zelda fights Ganon, incapacitates him with the Wand, and rescues her father. Back at Hyrule Castle, Duke Onkled is turned over to the king, begging for mercy. He is arrested and the King orders him to scrub all the floors in Hyrule as punishment. Although Link's whereabouts are still unknown, a comment by Lady Alma prompts Zelda to throw her mirror against the wall, and as it smashes, Link magically materializes, seemingly having been trapped in the mirror. They then start laughing because they're happy that all is well again.

Even though this game isn't worth playing, just know this game takes a different turn. Instead of playing as Link, you actually get to play as Zelda! Even though you don't get to play as Zelda as often, there is another Zelda game that focuses on her.
Which brings us to our third game.

image.jpeg
Zelda's Adventure
Ok this is not right. I mean seriously just the look of the cover is very unappealing and it looks like a new game for The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings or whatever is similar to that. Even the plot is weird, Ganon Kidnaps Link and Zelda is our hero? I mean the idea might be good, but the way they made this game wasn't good.

Plot
Wikipedia said:
Gannon kidnaps Link and steals the seven celestial signs, causing the kingdom of Tolemac to experience an age of darkness. Princess Zelda, recruited by court astrologer Gaspra, has to recover the signs, destroy Gannon, and rescue Link.

Now there's probably one question on your mind as your reading this. Why are these games terrible?! Well the answer is quite simple actually. These aren't even Official Nintendo Games. That's right there were some problems due to a deal not being fulfilled, so Nintendo allowed Philips the license to five of its characters. They chosen the 5 characters and made 3 Zelda games and Nintendo wasn't involved in the development of them games.

Thats it for the three terrible games, let me know what you think.

Imagine of the Nintendo PlayStation didn’t fall through, then these games would never have been made for the CDi. Maybe Nintendo would have even allowed Sony the same deal and allow them to use Zelda characters. Maybe these games could have been good.

Reactions: Dark Link
They never happened.

Reactions: Dark Link and Pandaxclone2
You may not even heard of these three games or seen them before but here I'd like to talk about the three worst Zelda Games (Even though I wish they were better). You may be wondering what I mean by that title, well these games were terrible and there is a huge reason why. So let me tell you about these Zelda games that never were good.

View attachment 17584
Link: The Faces of Evil
Ignoring the fact that this game says "Link" instead of "The Legend of Zelda", this game is actually one that looks good by its cover, but don't let that fool you. This game is absolutely terrible. The game wanted to include cutscenes in which once you progress through the story you will get cutscenes to "expand" your knowledge on the story. However the lack of a true Zelda game in this made it appear on Top 10 Worst Games All Time.

Plot

This game was released 1993, along with Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon which is basically a new and different game.
That brings us to our Second game.

View attachment 17586
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon
Again ignoring the fact this one says "Zelda" and not saying "The Legend of Zelda", this games cover and title is questionable. This game is the same way as The Faces of Evil, it is absolutely terrible and was on a Top 10 Worst Games of All Time list. The game is basically pointless for Zelda. She tries to find Link and travels a long ways, yet Link is actually at Hyrule Castle stuck in a Mirror

Plot

Even though this game isn't worth playing, just know this game takes a different turn. Instead of playing as Link, you actually get to play as Zelda! Even though you don't get to play as Zelda as often, there is another Zelda game that focuses on her.
Which brings us to our third game.

View attachment 17587
Zelda's Adventure
Ok this is not right. I mean seriously just the look of the cover is very unappealing and it looks like a new game for The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings or whatever is similar to that. Even the plot is weird, Ganon Kidnaps Link and Zelda is our hero? I mean the idea might be good, but the way they made this game wasn't good.

Plot

Now there's probably one question on your mind as your reading this. Why are these games terrible?! Well the answer is quite simple actually. These aren't even Official Nintendo Games. That's right there were some problems due to a deal not being fulfilled, so Nintendo allowed Philips the license to five of its characters. They chosen the 5 characters and made 3 Zelda games and Nintendo wasn't involved in the development of them games.

Thats it for the three terrible games, let me know what you think.
The Cdi sucked :(

Is it weird I kinda want to play these? Like in person... just to make sure they actually happened.

Is it weird I kinda want to play these? Like in person... just to make sure they actually happened.
You don’t believe that they’re real

Reactions: Dark Link and Duffy
You don’t believe that they’re real
No, I believe they are real but like I just want to have the experience of them myself. It feels disjoint to me that these 3rd party zelda games are real and Nintendo was so loose with the licence that they suck this bad.

Reactions: Dark Link and AricAttack
No, I believe they are real but like I just want to have the experience of them myself. It feels disjoint to me that these 3rd party zelda games are real and Nintendo was so loose with the licence that they suck this bad.
Ahh makes sense

These aren't the only third party Zeldagames;

Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons were made by Capcom

Reactions: Duffy
These aren't the only third party Zeldagames;

Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons were made by Capcom
Oh yea right! I just forget cuz Capcom actually makes good games!!!!

J6Nm9.gif

How dare you insult the greatest Zelda games ever?!

Reactions: Dark Link and Duffy
You forgot Minish Cap. That was also made by Capcom, as well as Flagship.

Reactions: 18
These three games I actually like, but I don't like them directly. I like them because they are a general meme for the Zelda series at this point, and when I sometimes watch someone play through one of these three games because they want pain, it's fun for me to recognize all of the memes that come from these games. And while these games are bad, they are over exaggerated. The controls are still trash, but I don't think they're literal trash if we can get a good laugh out of them.

Huh I never heard of those 3 games. The first 2 look OK, but the third one just looks awful, plain and simple.

Reactions: Leej07 and AricAttack
They are quite awful. The animation is bad, the voice acting is bad, the CD-i is bad.

Overall, completely bad.

They are quite awful. The animation is bad, the voice acting is bad, the CD-i is bad.

Overall, completely bad.
You've played them? I never have but I'm sure I would not enjoy them lol

You've played them? I never have but I'm sure I would not enjoy them lol
Never have, myself, but I've seen plenty of their footage online, and they honestly look like the worst kind of Saturday morning cartoon you can imagine.

Wow, these do look terrible. Like a few other people, I kinda wanna play the games just to see how bad they are. Also, I’m super curious on what playing it would feel like, you know what I mean? :p

Back