• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
So apparently there is a leak of the Nintendo E3 2018 game lineup:

Nintendo E3 Leak.jpg

According to this post (found it thanks to someone sharing their thoughts about it on Twitter), we're going to see a lot of games we want on the Nintendo Switch. I'm not sure if this is fake so take it with a grain of salt.

List of leaked Nintendo E3 2018 games :
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Pokemon (2 versions / 8th gen)
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Pikmin 4
  • The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - The Ultimate Version of Smash for 3DS/WiiU
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Wario Ware
  • Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Switch
  • Fire Emblem (16th game in the series)
  • Yoshi
  • Mario Party 11
  • A new unknown IP that's supposed to be a horror game developed by Retro Studios
So, what do you guys think about the leak? Do you believe it?

Although this is extremely vague (which means it's hard to disprove) I don't believe it. For starters, it's too early for Nintendo to have what they are bringing to e3 already ready... This just feels like a semi-realistic wish list.

A smash port is nice but I don’t want to get my hopes up too much. Also, isn’t it a little early for a new Pokémon generation? (Usually 3 years but I guess they’re moving a bit earlier) and the Smash leak last year was proven fake. Is there any proof to this guy’s creditbility @Marc ?

Reactions: Duffy
Is there any proof to this guy’s creditbility @Marc ?
Nope. I'm not even sure the person revealed themselves, otherwise I guess they'd be fired?

Nope. I'm not even sure the person revealed themselves, otherwise I guess they'd be fired?
If they went anonymous, it would take the big N a little longer to find out who leaked it.

Wow I need some time to digest it!! Those are a lot of games, I mean a lot of really good games coming to the switch! I think I am going to point out the ones I am not interested in (it is going to be a shorter, much shorter list!) so here it goes, Animal crossing, Fire emblem and Mario party11. These are the games that I am not interested in, at least until I know something more about the games. Now, regarding the leak, well, I think it is kind of early to get to know this kind of stuff, but on the other hand I think nintendo is going to deliver to the players what they want.

I think nintendo is going to deliver to the players what they want.
Nintendo tends to be very conservative so it still gives some suspect to the Smash Bros leak.

The other games on the list do make sense but the horror game is a mystery since it could be a sequel to Eternal Darkness or something new.
Retro Studios has done a lot of reboots for Nintendo so a return to Eternal Darkness makes a lot a sense. I recommend we all take in this info with a grain of salt cause we remember the Smash Bros for Switch leak last year and when so many people got their hopes up, they all got shot down when it was proven Fake.

Reactions: EstebanTill2
A lot of times the same leaker will go by a pseudonym so their past leaks can provide credibility, but not here I guess? or no?

Nintendo tends to be very conservative so it still gives some suspect to the Smash Bros leak.

The other games on the list do make sense but the horror game is a mystery since it could be a sequel to Eternal Darkness or something new.
Retro Studios has done a lot of reboots for Nintendo so a return to Eternal Darkness makes a lot a sense. I recommend we all take in this info with a grain of salt cause we remember the Smash Bros for Switch leak last year and when so many people got their hopes up, they all got shot down when it was proven Fake.
Nintendo tends to be very conservative??? What? What about the Wii with it's crazy motion controls, or the switch and it's revert back to cartridges, or the ds with it's two screens, or the virtual boy and it's 3d??? Nintendo takes so many risks it's insane! Sony or microsoft never take these type of risks, I mean look at sony's lineup. They had the standard ps1. And followed it up with the ps2 which was... more powerful. And followed it up with the ps3 which was... more powerful. And followed it up with the ps4 which was... more powerful. They take like no risks! I love the fact that Nintendo isn't conservative!

Also I agree the smash bros included in this leak makes it very very likely a fake leak.

A lot of times the same leaker will go by a pseudonym so their past leaks can provide credibility, but not here I guess? or no?
Does the name look familiar? All I know is the screenshot I saw ;)

View attachment 17840

According to this post (found it thanks to someone sharing their thoughts about it on Twitter), we're going to see a lot of games we want on the Nintendo Switch. I'm not sure if this is fake so take it with a grain of salt.

• Metroid Prime 4
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Pikmin 4
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch - The Ultimate Version of Smash for 3DS/WiiU
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Wario Ware
  • Yoshi
  • Mario Party 11
  • A new unknown IP that's supposed to be a horror game developed by Retro Studios

It's from 4chan, so I'll take it with a lot of precautions (People there also tend to be able to try to make up stuff, so, better be careful).

That said, if I'm believing it:
Metroid Prime 4 -> One of the reasons I bought the Switch, they'd better not mess this one up !
Pokémon -> On hiatus until they give us Sinnoh remakes. I'm having difficulties keeping up with the licence lately.
Bayonetta 3 -> I'm not the target audience, so no comment from me. But people who enjoyed 1+2 will likely be happy.
Pikmin 4 -> Waiting to see what it looks like. Pikmin 3 looked fun, so why wouldn't this one be as well ?
Zelda Skyward Sword HD -> Wait & See
Super Mario Maker 2 -> Give us more costumes (they're fun, and the main reason why I abused the NES SMB style to begin with) !
Super Smash Bros 4U -> Wait & See. I'd rather wait to see if it's truly something indispensable or if the 3DS version is still enough.
Luigi's Mansion 3 -> Wait & See, never played any of these, so...
Wario Ware -> Give us a Wario Ware DIY 2, and I'll be learning how to teleport my money from my wallet to your bank account, directly. Please understand how much I'd love another one that allows us to make our microgames & more.
Animal Crossing -> Many people were waiting for that one, but I'm not one of those. Could sell my sister on the Switch though.
Fire Emblem -> A tiny bit harder (think how hard the games were during the Tellius era) would be good. Looking forward to the visuals though, they were pretty good on the 3DS.
Yoshi -> Likely going to be a platformer, and I'm not the target audience. My little brother on the other hand...
Mario Party 11 -> Tell me they'll finally wake up and put deterministic RNG (really random) instead of scripted RNG (think "I'm a bot, this star is 5 squares away. Look, I rolled a 5+!") and I may take the bait. Also, reduce the number of random based minigames. Nobody likes them. And we hate you for them.
Unknown IP -> No info, no comments. An horror game on the Switch however can look good. Looking forward to what they'll tease us with.

View attachment 17840

• Metroid Prime 4
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Pikmin 4
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Wario Ware
  • Yoshi
  • Mario Party 11

I can see this happening.
We already know MP4 is coming.
We also know Pokemon is coming
We also know Bayonetta 3 is coming
There is quite a bit of demand for Pikmin 4.
Skyward Sword HD is logical, since that game is really beautiful, plus WW and TP were already remade.
I seriously doubt Mario Maker Two will come.

Smash is a whole new ball game. If it came just in time to coincide with the online service, you can bet that people will buy it.
We know Yoshi, FE and Animal Crossing is coming.
I'm not entirely sure about the Mario Pary 11 or the WarioWare game, we'll probably get teasers.

We know Retro are making something for the Switch, so the last one makes sense.

Also, I don't believe that there are no new 3ds games. That doesn't sound like Nintendo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I don't believe that there are no new 3ds games. That doesn't sound like Nintendo.
I think Nintendo already confirmed we weren't getting anymore first-party 3DS games. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think Nintendo already confirmed we weren't getting anymore first-party 3DS games. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Noo......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then again, it has been going for like what, 6 years now? The hardware is pretty dated.

I never saw anything like that... We just got a Kirby game and they did say no more Pokemon games. Then they announced the detective Pikachu game but that was already out in Japan. Also Nintendo of Japan said this of the 3ds:
Then again, it has been going for like what, 6 years now? The hardware is pretty dated.
Yup, 3ds came out in 2011, it's now 2018... dang 7 years...

Reactions: Farhaan Raja and Marc
Fake news, and a fake poster. I doubt that E3 titles would magically be leaked and the titles for Mario Maker and Smash bros are very suspicious. If that's true enjoy a crappy version of Mario Maker that's highly compromised and the same boring smash bros game that everyone is familiar with.

So this was confirmed as fake and there's news about how the guy was impersonating to other leaker :panda:

View attachment 17840

• Metroid Prime 4
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Pikmin 4
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Wario Ware
  • Yoshi
  • Mario Party 11
I think its time to buy a Switch.

I highly doubt a new Pokemon is in the near future. Ultra Moon/Sun just came out. Generally Nintendo takes a little longer to develop the games. At most there's going to be a Sinnoh remake is my guess

I highly doubt a new Pokemon is in the near future. Ultra Moon/Sun just came out. Generally Nintendo takes a little longer to develop the games. At most there's going to be a Sinnoh remake is my guess
I agree, Sinnoh remakes will come. But a few footnotes: Game Freak develops the Pokemon games fairly quickly. We got USUM last year, so the next game will come either this year or next by the trend. See previous main series release schedule:
USUM-2017
SM-2016
ORAS-2014
XY-2013
B2W2-2012
BW-2011
HGSS-2010
Pt-2009
DP-2007
Emerald-2005
FRLG-2004
RS-2003
Crystal-2001
GS-2000
Yellow-1999
RB-1998
So it literally never has taken more then 2 years to get a sequel... Pokemon uses some of the triple A methods of making money including making a lot sequels very quickly. So based on this, if we don't hear about Pokemon on switch this year, we'll be getting it next year.

Reactions: Ashkil
I agree, Sinnoh remakes will come. But a few footnotes: Game Freak develops the Pokemon games fairly quickly. We got USUM last year, so the next game will come either this year or next by the trend. See previous main series release schedule:
USUM-2017
SM-2016
ORAS-2014
XY-2013
B2W2-2012
BW-2011
HGSS-2010
Pt-2009
DP-2007
Emerald-2005
FRLG-2004
RS-2003
Crystal-2001
GS-2000
Yellow-1999
RB-1998
So it literally never has taken more then 2 years to get a sequel... Pokemon uses some of the triple A methods of making money including making a lot sequels very quickly. So based on this, if we don't hear about Pokemon on switch this year, we'll be getting it next year.
Game freak likes to breaks away from patterns.
When HeartGold and SoulSilver was announced, people thought it was the Gen 5 Games. In Black and White, everyone thought Grey or the Gen 3 remakes was next but we got Black 2 and White 2. And for X and Y, we all thought we were getting Z but we got ORAS. GameFreak is really unpredictable but the Pokémon game they’ve been working on has been in development for about 2 years now (correct me if I’m wrong) so you might be right that it will come out in 2019 and at least get announced at E3 2018

Back