Contest Nintenpedia 2018 Pokemon Tournament

• Thread starter Duffy
  • Start date
Duffy

Duffy

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Hey ya'll! I'm thinking about hosting a Pokemon Showdown contest for Sun/Moon Pokemon teams. I know a bunch of people are both competitive and casual Pokemon on here (myself included!). The goal is to get people playing against each other and having a lot of fun. I am open to changing the rules if a consensus is made by participants (see below):
  • Doubles matches, 6v6
  • I will assign who you play, but you must work out a time when to play with your opponents. You will have to play at least 6 matches (not all at once. you will have time to play each opponent). The goal is to get people playing a lot at least semi competitively. If you think you don't want to play a lot then maybe don't consider signing up.
  • Only use pokemon that are not banned to Ubers tier (OU and below. Here is a list of the banned 'mons: http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/uber/)
  • No illegal movesets, etc.
  • Any number of people in the tournament will be accommodated
  • No stalling on purpose.
The plan is to have group round, where I give everyone a few weeks ~ 2 month to play X matches (number will depend how many people sign up, but at least 6) and report the results of the match. At the end of the group stage the 8 (maybe more) players with the best win % will move on to a single elimination bracket.

So who's interested? and also please critique my ruleset. Anything you think I should change I'll consider. Ideally I think 16 or more people would be a good number, but I'll run the tournament if 8 or me people join. I am charging 10pc to join, and having a 100pc prize (20pc for second place, 15 pc for 3rd place). OK, enough rambling, who's in?

EDIT: Cancelled due to lack of people

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
/ throws in his pokeball.

Reactions: AricAttack and Duffy
Will the use of Showdown be allowed?

Last edited:
If most people want to use pokemon showdown I’ll allow it, but I was thinking about having it be in game.
I would prefer to use Showdown since my N3dsXL needs to repaired (and I need to save up the money to do so) but I do have a secondary O3ds I could use.

Also, a rule I think that should be added is that teams MUST be SuMo friendly ( no Blacephelon, Stackattacka, other mons that exist only in UsUm)

Last edited:
Reactions: Duffy
I might be interested in this tourney. Maybe. I'll have to think on it and see if it's SD or IGN battles.

My team is almost done so I'll consider joining.

I might be interested in this tourney. Maybe. I'll have to think on it and see if it's SD or IGN battles.
My team is almost done so I'll consider joining.
If you guys are still interested, I'll still run this tournament but we still need a few more people :/

If you guys are still interested, I'll still run this tournament but we still need a few more people :/
I’m still here.
@Mr. Kream might be interested

Last edited:
I'll join. My team is ready now.

I'll join. My team is ready now.
Great, I'll add you to the list. About halfway there until I can start this thing!

@3dsCollector Do you have a time frame for when you would want to host this?

@3dsCollector Do you have a time frame for when you would want to host this?
I was hoping this would fill up and we could start fairly soon. I think I will just start it once we get to about 8-10 people, and someone wants to join late, I might allow them too if we aren't far in.

Last edited:
I was hoping this would fill up and we could start fairly soon. I think I will just start it once we get to about 8-10 people, and someone wants to join late, I might allow them too if we aren't far in. As far as a time frame, I'm hoping this will start in early March or sooner.
Cool, cool. I'll see how far I can get with my team before then, I may shoot you a confirmation closer to the day it will start if I am able to join.

bump. Will still roll this out if we can get a few more people

If Showdown is allowed then I'm in

Question, can ppl participate with Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon?

EDIT: Lol its Showdown >.< Sorry

Question, is this still running?

Back