Captain Toad returns to Switch and... 3DS?!

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
When I searched the YouTube on some Nintendo Direct, I found the unexpected news where Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, previously on Wii U, will be released on Nintendo Switch. And what caught me even more off guard is that it's also released on 3DS as well!

It will feature Super Mario Odyssey-based levels, and the Switch version will feature co-op play where the second player can assist by throwing cherries at the enemies, while 3DS version will boast 3D mode and touch screen controls. Both 3DS and Switch version of the game will be released on July 13th.

What's your thoughts on this?

Reactions: Kadaj, Bagel and Dark Link
I think its pretty neat. I feel this game needs to be on better platforms than the wii u. Lots of people have a 3ds, and lots of people have a switch. Its an easy way for Nintendo to make some money, while making people happy.

When I searched the YouTube on some Nintendo Direct, I found the unexpected news where Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, previously on Wii U, will be released on Nintendo Switch. And what caught me even more off guard is that it's also released on 3DS as well!

It will feature Super Mario Odyssey-based levels, and the Switch version will feature co-op play where the second player can assist by throwing cherries at the enemies, while 3DS version will boast 3D mode and touch screen controls. Both 3DS and Switch version of the game will be released on July 13th.

That Nintendo has been making some rumors ture way to much now

Im actually surprised this got ported. I enjoyed the game a lot, but I always thought this would be one of the few games to miss the porting method Nintendo has adopted for the Switch. Cause sure it's a fun game, but it didn't seem major enough to port over again, but looks like my thought about that was wrong. I really like Captain Toad so I'm very glad more people can play this game even though I won't rebuy it. Also double surprise for the 3DS port, but again super glad Captain Toad can reach a wide new audience .

Reactions: Starry Windy
Heck yea 3ds port. I skipped the Wii U altogether so I'll be picking this up on 3ds.

i never played this game on the wii u, so seeing this getting a switch version sounds great. the game looks amazing and fun on the switch, beautiful attractive graphics as well so i might be getting this game once its out. :p while i do know graphics arent everything, i tend to feel more attracted to games with better ones, its just the way i am heh. i remember the captain toad mini game in super mario 3d world which were pretty neat and introduced navigating a stage without the ability to jump which felt weird to me at first, but i got used to it and ended up liking those stages. The one in world star was a bit messy, but i ended up getting it :p

Well, I think given the amount of games that were being ported to nintendo switch, it was nothing to be surprised about that we would end up having a Captain Toad Treassure Tracker port to nintendo switch. This was something expected at some point, so nothing to make a fuss about. Amyway, what really took me by surprise was hearing the news of the port for nintendo 3ds. That, in a way surprised me and at the same time cheered me up, because I think of those people who did not have a wii u and maybe today still don't have a switch but a 3ds, they will be able to play this great game with 3d functionallity.

Reactions: Kadaj and Starry Windy
Weird... I'm not surprised at the Switch port, no; but at the 3DS one.

Good, I guess! Not many people played it so it's nice to see it get love.

I'm glad it got a 3DS port, I'm not too keen of it been on the Switch, but I'll definitely grab the 3DS version.

That;s great that Captain Toad is coming! I say he needs to get more popular like Mario and Luigi are. The graphics are probably even better when the next game comes out on the Switch.

This seems like a fun gig, I hope people enjoy it.

They need to add more replay ability. The game was a little challenging, but once you are done there isn’t nearly anything left to do. They should make a multiplayer versus mode. I hope they dont over price it because i got it with the toad amiibo for 40 bucks and that was barely worth it.

Back