• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
kiCgY2v.png

It has been confirmed from the latest Nintendo Direct that Super Smash Bros. is coming to the Nintendo Switch this year (2018). It was NOT something I was expecting but I'm so happy they did it like this :D

I'm going to give away a copy of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch to one lucky Pedian.

And just in case you were wondering, this is in NO way connected to the free Nintendo Switch game I'll be giving away at a later date to those who have the regular emblem when it launches.

If you do not have a Switch yet or someone already got you the game, don't worry, you can get eShop credit or an Amazon gift card (eg. for a Smash controller if you want) instead.

How to participate
:

All you have to do is post your first impression and reaction of the video when you were watching the Nintendo Direct. If you skipped the actual Direct and only watched the trailer, post from that point of view.

Requirement(s) :
  • Must have a post count of at least 10.
  • If you're chosen as the winner but you're inactive, I'ma do a re-roll. Tough luck.
Supporting Pedia
As most of you are already aware, I buy games to give away out of my own pocket. You can help support Pedia too by (1) turning off your AdBlock while on NintenPedia / whitelisting the domain name, (2) becoming a sponsor at the Ninten Pedia forum and/or (3) advertising Pedia on social media and the like (there is a referral program that rewards you too for people who sign up under your username).

Reactions: Samster, Mr. L, Duster and 6 others
Well, that's one spoiler of the direct for me! Although, this looks amazing! Cannot wait for its release! My first impression was screaming my head off, shouting "Thank you God for this miracle!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Starry Windy and Kadaj
When I saw another thing about Splatoon, I got a little mad but I laughed when I saw the Smash symbol in the Inkling’s eye. I’d still like to know if it’s a new smash game or 3ds/WiiU DX version (either reality is fine but I would like it to be a DX version) . Can’t wait!!!!! :)

Reactions: Kadaj
When I saw the first game's inklings on the screen I knew it was a Smash trailer. I was mostly dumbfounded though. Like I still can't get over the fact they dropped Smash during a random March direct which had Mario Tennis as its headline. lol

Reactions: Mizunil
I am so excited about this game, I can hardly breathe, to be honest! Can't wait! All aboard the HYPE TRAIN!

Reactions: coolflare
I was reading the comments and people were saying about smash bros so I saw it and got spoiled rip

Quoted from the other thread, here's my reaction (posted right after I saw the entire direct):
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMG I'M GOING NUTS THIS WAS AMAZING. I just got home from work and watched the direct (I wasn't spoiled). As they said "we just have one more video" and I was like "please PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE be smash" then I got sad when I say the squids. But they LITERALLY just did splatoon stuff... and then I was like "can it be... can it be????" I'm SHAKINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Reactions: Marc
I was watching the trailer, a little sad that there was no Fire Emblem news, but it didn't surprise me. Then I saw the whole last announcement thing and got surprised as I saw the ink splatter on screen. Me and Pacey were both watching, excitedly as we're both solatSpl fans, but the way they fought and the art style... It reminded me so much of the Smash fights. I said that I thought it was Smash but Pacey seemed unsure thinking it might be a Splatoon mobile game. But when it went dark and zoomed in on the inkling's eye with the smash ball, Pacey literally squealed with excitement. And the silhouettes and that dramatic Mario show off, we were just in awe. I got really excited to see Link with Breath of the Wild gear, as Link not only desperately needed a buff, but that his BoTW items have so much potential.

It was a super hype trailer. Masterful. After the trailer we literally got together and spectulated the entire roster. Regardless if I win this or not, I'm hyped to play the heck out of this game.

Reactions: Starry Windy and coolflare
I had sadly been slightly spoiled about the direct on twitter before I got to see it, so when I saw the Splatoon 1 inklings I knew immediately that it was Smash, even before seeing the logo. Even so that didn't stop my Hype! at all. The fire background with the character silhouettes was epic. The whole time I was like, "It's Smash! It's Smash!" I was literally clapping, and I think I woke up some of my family because I was watching it in the evening. It was also just super fun watching clips of everyone else reactions online too.

Reactions: SmashChamp
I was somewhat spoiled when seeing the descriptions of the Direct, as I clicked which games that interests me in the descriptions. After clicking some showcases of other games like Captain Toad and Kirby Star Allies, I decided to click the part that will unveil Super Smash Bros. When I saw the trailer for the first time, my early impression when watching the orange ink being shot (as in to emulate Splatoon's first trailer) was that, "Hey, that's one typical Smash trailer to do such things." I guess I've been watching too much Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U trailers back in the day :p

Then I'm enjoying the actions of Inklings doing Turf Wars, when suddenly the scene and the Splatoon music goes out. Then when the Inkling Girl stops and saw something, and I thought, "That icon!" Yep, that familiar Smash logo behind several fighters, and Mario and Link among others are waiting for them... Hoo boy, that scene looks awesome, and I'm glad that Smash Bros. will be coming to Switch eventually, and that Inklings made it in. And even I'm hyped in a way, even though I already saw it coming miles away.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmashChamp
I was watching the Nintendo Direct, and I was happy for the many ports that were coming to the Nintendo Switch like Undertale or the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, and after the Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion, they said ''one more thing'' and normally, when that happens, people always say that a Smash is coming, and I was always the person that said that Smash was not coming this year and would not be announced, but during the trailer, they showed the Inklings fighting and I was like ''Splatoon 1 port?'', but I immediatly denied that possibility because they were porting a bunch of Splatoon 1 stages to Splatoon 2, then I didn't know what they were announcing, but my heart was beating pretty fast, saying that Smash was coming, and my brain did not want to believe that because I know that wasn't gonna happen.
But then, the Inkling girl turned back, she was shocked, and from her pupil, we all saw the Smash Bros. logo and I was speechless and hyped at the same time, and what surprised me, more than Breath of the Wild Link, was that it is coming this year! And then, the next day, that was the only thing I couldn't stop thinking was that goddamn Smash Bros. trailer that I am still rewatching to this day. I hope that Sakurai does not stress himself with this new title, because I am worried about his health. But beside that, keep that hype train rolling!!

*sees inklings*
Uhh.. Splatoon 3?
Whyyy?
*turns away*
Boring.
*looks back at screen, which is fading*
Is this what I think it is?
*sees smash logo*
OH MY GOD!
NEW SMASH GAME!
OHHHHHH!!
*closes laptop, jumping around*

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
I thought it was going to finish after the Splatoon 2 DLC (because they said it's going to be roughly 30 minutes), and when they said "one more thing" I got excited. Also I need to note that my mother was asleep near me so I couldn't speak loudly.
My reaction was like this: "Okay, Splatoon... but this is the first one, very similar to it's trailer's opening. Are they porting it? But that makes no sense. Wait why is it dark? What is happeni- SMASH!!" And then I closed my mouth because I remembered my mother was asleep. But I was still smiling and I was very happy (it's the game I wanted the most on Switch other than a HD Pokemon game). And when they said it's coming 2018 at the end of the trailer I was like "How?!"

When thinking about it, most of my excitement from the direct was from Smash itself.

At first, I was slightly confused as to why they were showing Splatoon 1 stuff right after Splatoon 2 news, but once that smash insignia appeared on the Inkling girl's eye, I almost just lost it there :D

I watched the whole direct, as always do, and at the end, I was kind of dissappointed in a way because I wanted them to show more, to be a blast. Anyway, when they announce one more thing I said, ok, wait, this could be good, but then when I saw the ink splatted on the White ground, I wondered what, Splatoon 3?? no way, and when I saw the the lights going out I thought ok, this is something else, and finally smash revealed! I actually jumped from chair in joy! And the game is coming this year!! This is why I love Nintendo, they announce things and then, most of the time, they accomplish what they have announced early.

The only reason why I watched the direct was because I heard people blowing up about Smash being there. The reveal was perfect; it showed us new characters but it gave nothing too much. And they told us it was an ORIGINAL game, which by my interpretation means it won't be a port. Still, I was just as exited to see my favorite Kirby villain Marx making a return to the series with a playable moveset, and now Marx just made my Smash wishlist! So hyped!
Oh, and I have no clue what my post count is....

Okay, so after seeing the dlc announced for sploon 2 i was hyped when I saw that there was more sploon stuff. Then when it blacked out and i saw the smash logo, I completely lost it. And then it said it was coming out this year. I couldn’t believe my eyes. It perfectly ended what was in my opinion, the best Nintendo direct we have ever had. The switch just keeps getting better and better!

I was happy. NOW I am glad! I now want Super Smash Bros. for the Switch.

I honestly thought we were getting a Splatoon 1 remaster or Splatoon 3D or something like that. The trailer had the most awesome animation and I was caught off guard completely. Those visuals were top-notch! It really excites me for how good the actual game is gonna look. :D

And it's coming out this year. WHAT

Those visuals were top-notch! It really excites me for how good the actual game is gonna look. :D

It said not actual gameplay at the start of the trailer :panda:

Reactions: Marc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back