How to transfer Android game saved data from device to device

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I have an old Nexus 7 tablet with a bunch of Android games I haven't played in ages. I just got an Android smartphone and now I want to re-install some of these games and keep my saved data from my Nexus 7 tablet.

Is this possible and if so, how can I do it?

Unless the games have a "transfer save data" option in their settings, I'm pretty sure it isn't possible. I know a few games that have it.

Unless the games have a "transfer save data" option in their settings, I'm pretty sure it isn't possible. I know a few games that have it.
Never heard about that with Android. I was thinking it might be possible through some cloud save option?

Never heard about that with Android. I was thinking it might be possible through some cloud save option?
Some games have cloud save options, some have transfer codes, but try looking in the game settings and dig around a bit.

Should be possible to connect your old device to your computer, find the save data and save it to the computer, then connect your new device and transfer the save data across.

Reactions: Marc
Should be possible to connect your old device to your computer, find the save data and save it to the computer, then connect your new device and transfer the save data across.
Where would I look for the save file from the old device? (assuming it's drama to actually find them).

It would be drama to find them, yeah. Unless you could google the game to find it, you might be able to transfer the whole game across or something like that.

Reactions: Marc
Most games now-a-days support google play, so if you log into the same google account (providing you linked your google account to the games) then generally, you should have your save data if it supports it.

It really depends on the games though, but that method is becoming more and more popular because it's quite reliable.

Well my Nexus 7 isn't turning on so RIP me </3

Back