Ultimate Super Smash Bros. Switch Trailer Revealed

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Last thing I was expecting in this Nintendo Direct but I knew it was coming eventually.

#HYPE

Reactions: Starry Windy, TerraKnight and 2071
We still do t know if it’s a new smash game or a deluxe edition on 3ds and WiiU. Probably have to wait till e3...

Reactions: Starry Windy and Marc
Yeah, I saw it. I hope this time it has something like a subspace emissary. One thing I want to know is what in the world is going on in the Smash universe.

Are all the characters real, pulled away from their universes to fight a cosmic entity?

Are they fake, created by said cosmic entity?

Maybe Master Hand is the Nintendo villain, and he fights these heroes to get stronger and eventually invade all other Nintendo universes?

Who knows.

Gosh dangit, Dissidia kinda ruined Smash for me.

Ah sorry Marc I didn’t see this thread :D

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMG I'M GOING NUTS THIS WAS AMAZING. I just got home from work and watched the direct (I wasn't spoiled). As they said "we just have one more video" and I was like "please PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE be smash" then I got sad when I say the squids. But they LITERALLY just did splatoon stuff... and then I was like "can it be... can it be????" I'm SHAKINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I did see the announcement of Smash in Switch coming eventually, but seeing Inklings doing turf wars with each other and then saw that familiar icon... boy, I hope Smash in Switch will be good. And it's nice to confirm that Inkings would be in!

Reactions: coolflare
Definitely was an awesome reveal on Nintendo's part! I don' anybody was really expecting it!

Now we just gotta wait and see what Nintendo has in store roster wise :sneaky:

I wanted to see gameplay but I guess I can wait for that. Is there a new Smash Bros. boss that's flame based or is that just there because they want to show off the Smash emblem symbolizing the Inklings are in Smash. I hope the Inklings play like Vaporeon from Super Smash Land (with the ability to teleport to a patch of ink for an Up B). Then again if Inkling's moveset was a legalized Mii Gunner set I would be okay with that.

SO much speculation.
ALREADY

Reactions: coolflare
We still do t know if it’s a new smash game or a deluxe edition on 3ds and WiiU. Probably have to wait till e3...
Probably a new game, if you see the copyright stuff at the end it says "Original game" and "2018" along with a different publisher. If it were based on the Wii u/3ds versions it would've said "2014-2018". Granted the possibility of a port is still there, and I'd assume that a Smash 5 would be graphically similar to the Wii u version.

Probably a new game, if you see the copyright stuff at the end it says "Original game" and "2018" along with a different publisher. If it were based on the Wii u/3ds versions it would've said "2014-2018".
That’s not the case with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe,
pulbUYO.jpg

d5cBybN.jpg

ZqzIQZP.jpg

The possibility of a port is still there. The two strongest arguments supporting that it’s a new game that i’ve heard are that Bandai Namco, who developed SSB4 is not there and that the logos are Slightly different. videogamedunkey from YouTube pointed out that the line in the SSB4 logo isn’t in the new one.
g9LxyIf.png

SF8hiXU.png

Both these pictures come from videogamedunky’s video on Smash switch here.
(Note that the video is a joke and intended for comedic purpose but the line is something to take note of)

It’s Nintendo so anything can happen, we may even get Melee HD but we may have to wait for E3 to truly know. I’m just happy that there is a Smash game on switch :)

Back