• Make all cases white

• Make only games that first came in white cases white

• Make all games that possibly have red cases red

Results are only viewable after voting.
Duffy

Duffy

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Hey guys! So as you know, most 3ds games come in a white case... But some of them are in red cases. This mismatch on my shelf is making me think... what would look better, switching them all to white cases, or leaving them be. Tell me in the poll, and in this thread! I'll be updating my 3ds collection shortly and I'm not sure how to proceed with these red case games.

Having them all one color would look better, but I doubt this would be worth the hassle of making your shelf match. Personally I would just leave it be since that's how the games were pacakged. However I understand the want of having things match or something to look nice visually .

Reactions: Duffy
I would leave them of their original colour and maybe putting all red games together to not create much contrast. That's what I did with my Platinum/Essentials cases for Playstation games.

I never remembered seeing a red case game
All of the 3ds games I have came in a white case (Probably before they changed to red?)

I never remembered seeing a red case game
All of the 3ds games I have came in a white case (Probably before they changed to red?)
Only certain games do. Super Mario Maker, Mario and Luigi Paper Jam, etc. but most came in white cases.

Only certain games do. Super Mario Maker, Mario and Luigi Paper Jam, etc. but most came in white cases.
Idk why they would do this to he honest

Idk why they would do this to he honest
At a certain point they tried making most new Mario games have the red case. Red is Mario's main color so they probably thought it was a fun added addition. I know they did this with certain Nintendo Select Mario games too.

Red is associated with Mario and most games that had red cases were Mario games so I guess that’s why.

Red is associated with Mario and most games that had red cases were Mario games so I guess that’s why.
At a certain point they tried making most new Mario games have the red case. Red is Mario's main color so they probably thought it was a fun added addition. I know they did this with certain Nintendo Select Mario games too.
Yea it became most Mario games, but not all. A perfect example of this is Mario Sports 3ds is a white case game

Reactions: coolflare
All red cases I have are Mario games even some of my ds ones are this way

I suppose the red cases exist to represent some sort of specialty of the corresponding game, or just perhaps to differentiate it from other games. Though, I never really cared about the color of the game case and the white color was fine. To be honest, I wouldn't really think too much about how different they look in a shelf of 3ds games :p

The red is only with nintendo selects on 3ds. The wii new super mario bros also had a red case, but there isnt many other exeptions. Maybe ill look it up and see how many there is.

The red is only with nintendo selects on 3ds. The wii new super mario bros also had a red case, but there isnt many other exeptions. Maybe ill look it up and see how many there is.
Nintendo selects don’t always have red cases. A good example of this is ultimate nes remix. And some non nintendo selects are red cases, like super mario maker.

Maybe its just a mario exclusive thing then. There is a lot of red on the box art for nintendo selects. PlayStation’s greatest hits games happen to have red cases too. New super luigi u has a green case, and that is either for the year of Luigi, or just because it looks good.

I really like the white case aesthetic. I find it really calming and it helps make all the cover art pop! It also ( in my opinion) gives a very calm feeling to them. I feel it also makes th e 3ds logo pop against the white background.

But everybody likes something different pick which you like better and go with it!

Btw I feel like Nintendo switched to clear cases since they were leaping towards more modern gaming.

All switch cases are red and nobody seems too bothered about that. Maybe it was just having the two different types of cases next to eachother that was bothersome.

Back