Female Iron Knuckles?

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hey everyone, P2 here! :D Coming atcha with another post-thingy! ( I was gonna say discussion, but it's nothing really to discuss. It's just something that's been nagging at me since last night. :'D )

So yeah, how this starts off was like this:
I've recently been playing Majora's Mask 3D, doing the 'Three Heart Kokiri run' ( No heart containers, and no upgrading your sword. That includes not getting any leg ups, like fairy enhancements, no Great Fairy Sword, and no Fierce Deity Mask. D: ), when I finally made to the last location for the last Giant.

After defeating Captain Keeta, I went off to defeat the Iron Knuckles at the bottom of the grave. ( Lemme just say, if you're not slick, you're gonna die with one hit from them. ;~; )
When I FINALLY broke the first but of the armor off, I noticed something really weird and surprising. The Iron Knuckle... had hips. .-. And the chestpiece kinda looked like a female's, if you understand what I mean. :eek:

Now I know in OoT that Nabooru was taken control of the witches, and she was an Iron Knuckle briefly, but after that, I kinda thought all the others were like, super strong dudes...
Does that mean that the ones in OoT and MM are all female? :0 Tell me your thoughts, or better yet, go play MM3D, and see for yourself! I'm not even joking. .o.

Reactions: Samster, Pandaxclone2 and Dark Link
They deliberately use a low-poly model of Gerudo/Nabooru for all Iron Knuckles, as it helps make Nabooru's Iron Knuckle indistinguishable from the rest (read: no need to make more than one model.) As a matter of fact, if you somehow manage to clip the camera through an Iron Knuckle's helmet, you'll be greeted with this:

images

But only in the original N64 titles. They removed this in the 3DS remakes. It's my head-canon that they are female and Gerudo in OOT.

Last edited:
Reactions: P2.0
They deliberately use a low-poly model of Gerudo/Nabooru for all Iron Knuckles, as it helps make Nabooru's Iron Knuckle indistinguishable from the rest (read: no need to make more than one model.) As a matter of fact, if you somehow manage to clip camera through an Iron Knuckle's helmet, you'll be greeted with this:

images

But only in the original N64 titles. They removed this in the 3DS remakes. It's my head-canon that they are female and Gerudo in OOT.
Wait, that's for all of them in OoT N64? :eek: I had no idea, I just remembered you could see that only during the the fight with a possessed Nabooru ( Cuz after we finished the game, we were experimenting after we knew who it was the first time ). :eek: That's a pretty amazing find! I guess you could argue that due to their voices, Iron Knuckles are male, but y'know, it could just be the armor warping the voices. :hilarious:

I mean, you could, but we've all seen what's under the armor. Unless they're extremely anorexic males, it's simply more likely that they're Gerudo and the voices are just warped. It would play fairly well with what's going on in OOT too, since Koume and Kotake took Nabooru against her will and brainwashed her into an Iron Knuckle. Who's to say they haven't done the same to other Gerudo?

Reactions: P2.0
Speaking of koume and kotake, isn’t the opening cutscene of oot kind of weird? Each time it goes into the tunnel it shows first, koume and kotake doing the thing you guys are talking about, then shiek showing up in the volcano, then gannon riding away. Its kind of creepy.

Yes, all Iron Knuckles are female since they are brainwashed Gerudo, essentially.

All Iron knuckles are Gerudos right? And all Gerudos are female correct?

All Iron knuckles are Gerudos right? And all Gerudos are female correct?
Incorrect, as Link is technically a Gerudo in OOT once he is strong enough to be accepted as one of them. :p

Incorrect, as Link is technically a Gerudo in OOT once he is strong enough to be accepted as one of them. :p
And don't forget that Ganondorf is also a Gerudo and he is a male :p

Back