Mario Kart Mario kart 8 deluxe differences ?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
Ive been thinking of getting mario kart 8 deluxe with my switch when i purchase, but already have the wii u mario kart 8 and wondered what the differences are between the two. Just don't wanna buy something too much like what i already have (unless its a game im seriously crazy about lol), so if anyone has it maybe you could spot the differences for me ? Thanks !

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has more characters, such as Bowser Jr., King Boo, and INKLINGS!!! It even comes with the DLC from the Wii U version already unlocked. There are also new modes to play in Battle, such as Renegade Roundup ( I think that's what it's called ), which is in a Cops and Robbers kind of style. It's also portable.

It's kinda like they put all the DLC in and some extra.

It's kinda like they put all the DLC in and some extra.
They basically gave us all dlc free in one game with i love cause who wants to spend money on dlc when you can get it for free.

Yea, they added more content and a functional battle mode. However, if you were aware of the firehopping technique present in mk8 wii u, it was patched. I personally hate this.

Main differences from what I can tell:
-Faster loading times
-Better resolution (Wii U had 720p while Switch has 1080p) (Switch will revert to 720p when in handheld form)
-Framerate increased from the really weird 59fps to nice, smooth 60fps-
-DLC included
-Everything unlocked from the beginning (except car part and a character)
-You can now switch cars when in online lobby's (in all previous online mario karts, you had to disconnect in order to change your kart)
-Fire hopping removed (a technique used in the Wii U version to increase boost times by exploiting mechanics)
-Third tier of boost added (blue, orange, purple)
-Can now use double items and hold two items at once
-Dry Bones, King Boo and Bowser Jr added
-Inklings added
-Battle tracks removed
-Battle courses added
-four battle modes added
-Boo item added
-feather item added but battle mode exclusive
-Tutorial section which explains a lot of things
-New alternate title screens after starring everything
-200cc time trials added

Reactions: Kadaj
Main differences from what I can tell:
-Faster loading times
-Better resolution (Wii U had 720p while Switch has 1080p) (Switch will revert to 720p when in handheld form)
-Framerate increased from the really weird 59fps to nice, smooth 60fps-
-DLC included
-Everything unlocked from the beginning (except car part and a character)
-You can now switch cars when in online lobby's (in all previous online mario karts, you had to disconnect in order to change your kart)
-Fire hopping removed (a technique used in the Wii U version to increase boost times by exploiting mechanics)
-Third tier of boost added (blue, orange, purple)
-Can now use double items and hold two items at once
-Dry Bones, King Boo and Bowser Jr added
-Inklings added
-Battle tracks removed
-Battle courses added
-four battle modes added
-Boo item added
-feather item added but battle mode exclusive
-Tutorial section which explains a lot of things
-New alternate title screens after starring everything
-200cc time trials added
sounds awesome so far, but what do you mean by battle tracks, i thought those and courses meant the same thing so im confused ? other than that i like the sounds so far, just gotta save enough and will wait a while just to smart since theres a smash bros coming which i'll want way more and/or to get first. might end up getting this after that, dont know yet but i plan on getting both at some point

sounds awesome so far, but what do you mean by battle tracks, i thought those and courses meant the same thing so im confused ? other than that i like the sounds so far, just gotta save enough and will wait a while just to smart since theres a smash bros coming which i'll want way more and/or to get first. might end up getting this after that, dont know yet but i plan on getting both at some point

Basically, they took race tracks, such as moo moo meadows, and made you battle on them.
Only 8 were available and some had to be altered.
It was probably a good idea on paper, but terrible when put into practice.

Basically, they took race tracks, such as moo moo meadows, and made you battle on them.
Only 8 were available and some had to be altered.
It was probably a good idea on paper, but terrible when put into practice.
ohh i get it, i remember seeing that in mario kart 8 actually. it made battle mode feel pretty awkward, and sometimes felt more like a race to run the course backwards. i personally think battle mode in mario kart wii was better in this part of the game since the courses werent just cut and paste from the racing tracks (im pretty certain this is basically what battle mode stages were in mario kart 8), and also more ideal for the goals set in this section of the games. mario kart 8 battle maps were too big and a bit weird, i agree

Mario kart 8 deluxe battle maps are more like wii maps. They also fixed the modes so its all about score similar to how wii did it but without teams. There are also the shine sprite mode from double dash and a new cops and robbers mode called renagade roundup

ohh i get it, i remember seeing that in mario kart 8 actually. it made battle mode feel pretty awkward, and sometimes felt more like a race to run the course backwards. i personally think battle mode in mario kart wii was better in this part of the game since the courses werent just cut and paste from the racing tracks (im pretty certain this is basically what battle mode stages were in mario kart 8), and also more ideal for the goals set in this section of the games. mario kart 8 battle maps were too big and a bit weird, i agree

Battle mode was at its peak in Mario Kart DS.
8 player, elimination mode with extra baloons and block fort.
It started declining after that...

Mario kart wii got rid of elimination mode and the ability to restore balloons.

Mario Kart 7 limited the amount of rounds you could have.

Mario Kart 8 got rid of coin runners and replaced BC with BT.

MK8DX revived it.

Battle mode was at its peak in Mario Kart DS.
8 player, elimination mode with extra baloons and block fort.
It started declining after that...

Mario kart wii got rid of elimination mode and the ability to restore balloons.

Mario Kart 7 limited the amount of rounds you could have.

Mario Kart 8 got rid of coin runners and replaced BC with BT.

MK8DX revived it.
They still don’t have elimination though, so you are probably right about ds being the peak for battle mode. Mario kart 64 was great but if they have that but with 8 people on the ds then that is just fantastic. The 64 maps were a bit too big for 4 people.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
They still don’t have elimination though, so you are probably right about ds being the peak for battle mode. Mario kart 64 was great but if they have that but with 8 people on the ds then that is just fantastic. The 64 maps were a bit too big for 4 people.

#BringBackBlockFort
#12PlayerMadness

#BringBackBlockFort
#12PlayerMadness
Yesss. I think in wii they tried to make a new block fort but it didn’t have the same hight that block fort had. It was excellent hunting down your enemies and constantly screen peeking.

to be honest i actually liked them letting us respawn and give us a timed fight instead of finish them all. i also liked the new 12-person races and battles too, it was more fun having 12 instead of 8 people in matches altogether. this was one of my biggest disappointments with mario kart 7 along with the lack of single player versus/ custom races which had me going back to mario kart wii a lot. the game was alright, but i felt like nintendo was a bit off their game when they released mario kart 7 since the overall content seemed pretty poor to me

Back