School or homeschooling?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
do you prefer to learn in a classroom with a teacher, or in the comfort of your own home? =3

Classroom with a teacher and other children. It's just being more virtual with the class in the room with a teacher (groups/partners..), I've never done home-schooling though I can probably say it's boring. You're being less virtual.

Classroom, easier to talk to the teacher and get feedback on assignments.

I can't really say school, because I have been expelled from my school :/ and im stuck with homeschooling until then, so I would say... meh. Homeschooling is much more lonelier (except when you have friends on skype)

I'm for public schooling. I have no doubt whatsoever that part of that is because I went to a (good) public school and thus am biased. But homeschooling is more often than not a disaster because you're all alone all day and private school seems like a waste of money and an unrealistic representation of what to expect in the Real World.

I am always concerned that with Homeschooling that person is exposed to the bias of only one person (either way a small number if it's more then one) instead of the bias of many teachers and is then not exposed to as many conflicting ideas.

Homeschooling is quite boring quite frankly.

Going to school is better in my opinion, because you get to interact with people more.

Reactions: xmenpkmntrainer
As someone who has never been to public school, I can say quite easily homeschool. Truthfully, if I was going to public school, I would be gaining more general knowledge. But being homeschooled lets me learn what I'm interested in (well, some not so interesting stuff as well..)

Classrooms rule. You get to pass notes and whisper and giggle and whatnot. A little bit of humour with a good-humoured teacher is the best thing ever too.

And I think a schooled person is better at interacting with people than a homeschooled one.

OK, you know what, I think homeschooling is just barbaric. :p I dunno, the parents might want to keep their kid close or what, but it seems completely alien to me.

Reactions: SaToRi and xmenpkmntrainer
I did public school. But I had many friends home school. It has its place, but it depends what you do with it. My friends who home schooled also worked part time and did volunteer ministry work. So they were very busy! Not sure home schooling in itself is good, unless you make good use of your time. Me, I might've just played video games all day - so public was good for me. ;)

Reactions: 18
I can't really say school, because I have been expelled from my school :/ and im stuck with homeschooling until then, so I would say... meh. Homeschooling is much more lonelier (except when you have friends on skype)
Why did you get expelled?

And.... I prefer to be at school it's more fun (if you have friends) and you can look forward to going home and there are always field trips .

I'm homeschooled, and I honestly prefer it that way. Doing school in the familiar environment of my own home and the quiet of my room with no other kids for distractions actually really helps me focus better. That's the exact reason why a lot of kids who are disabled (mainly Autistic kids like myself) are homeschooled.

I admit it does get a little lonely, but with all the kids stuck in one classroom it makes me unable to focus, and the noise does not help.

I guess it just depends on the person and the situation they are in what would be better.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
Gosh, I'd hate to be taught everything by my parents. I think it's terrible to ride the bus everyday (nothing to do -_-) though (of course I could learn to drive but either way it still could be a waste of resources like gas if everyone could be at home and learn). I'd get away with more at school however and of course there's more people in one place at school. I'm too distracted by things to teach myself anything too. Interaction tho... it's a mixed bag. Either way I say.

School and i would never accept to be homeschooled because my parents are not teacher and they are bad at doing those things and i know more things then them they just work and make money while i learn by myself

Everyone here just goes to a public school. Sometimes I really hate school, since I'm not one of the 'cool kids'. Our school is the kinda school were if you are a bit different, people immediatly think you're weird. My class is OK, but I still don't really have friends. But I have a few good friends in other classes and one is maybe going to be in my class next year :)

I spent the first 9 years (8 not counting kindergarten) in a private Catholic school and recently finished my first year of public high school and I can say with great certainty that based on my experiences, neither is better than the other. I loved private school and honestly I don't know why so many people have an image of private Cathtolic schools being super strict and boring; I thought it was really fun and it was more close-knit with a smaller class (60 in my grade level compared to 450 in my freshman high school class). However, public high school is great too, and I love the more casual atmosphere, but I have different kids in each of my classes. Both private and public school offer advantages that the other doesn't, but they are both equally good in my opinion.

I was never homeschooled so I can't say much about it, but I am certainly happy that I do go to an actual physical school because I feel like I am exposed to more ideas and there is a greater social aspect.

Think classrooms are better over all. Helps the kid learn some social skills, and having group projects is really fun. I just sit right there while everyone else do the work and i get the same grade.

I've had many funny teachers which ade coming to class exciting. only downside to school is bullying, and being late to class. Walking the long hall ways, and getting run over by mob of angry kids rushing tot heir next class <.<

Reactions: 18
i am homeschooled and i think that it is ok but i use online teachers so that is kinda fun.

I go to school at a public school. Its really fun, because I get to meet new people and friends and stuff. I also like having tons of different teachers for all the classes.

I prefer to learn at home because you have more chance and freedom to explore your talents and also you don't get useless test( trust me i had a lot of useless test that made me feel stupid) but at school you don't really get to explore your talent that much.

As someone who has never been to public school, I can say quite easily homeschool. Truthfully, if I was going to public school, I would be gaining more general knowledge. But being homeschooled lets me learn what I'm interested in (well, some not so interesting stuff as well..)

i agree with you, when i grow up i want to be a artist, but they really dont teach that here. But when i am at home i go online for help which really help me with my drawing skills which you wont really get from school, i aslo like learning about business, saving money tips, budget,etc. try finding these topic at school, YOU WON'T( sorry for shouting) find any of these topic at school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back