Wii U Mini?

• Thread starter Slayerpon Tatsu
  • Start date
Yeah, so Wii U mini is a great idea :D
If it works the way you expect it to :p

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
It'll become another unnoticed console :\

I think downsizing the Wii U and making into a seperate console would be a bad idea. There are already many people hating on the Wii U as it is, so a Wii U mini wouldn't be successful at all. Nintendo should just focus on the NX and other future consoles (if any) rather than wasting their time on something that may not work out. I highly doubt it would happen anyways.

A 1TB wii u would not be bad, but sadly, I do not think that will happen.

No. Wii U's online play is still enabled, so this would make no sense at the time being.

Isn't one of the Wii U versions really small in terms of storage already? Like 8GB? If you're making that smaller, then that would kinda suck. You might have to end up deleting game data even without having downloaded games onto it.

Not to mention that even if it doesn't sound like a good idea commercially, I really really doubt Nintendo would do a good job on it. They did a passable job with the 2DS but that's all that was, passable. If, however, Nintendo had some miracle level designers and coders and whatever else to create the smaller console it would probably still flop and not sell as much like the Wii U did initially at launch.
Then again, do you remember the size of memory cards from the 5th generation. I'm not saying save data is still this small but it is probably a 200mb save nowadays, and if tradition was to run, you would have a 4gb console. On the other hand though, I see your point

So I just randomly came up with this horrible idea. Since there was the Wii mini and 2ds, what if there was a budget version of the Wii u, but mini? Basically, everything would be reduced such as data, gamepad size, game library, and features. It would be like a party Wii u which its sole purpose is to just play games and go on the Internet. Nothing more nothing less.
I would love a Wii U mini that is more accesible

If they plan to do one, it will probably be released shortly before or after the NX release

You would need external storage tho, but is not that bad

I do not think a wii u mini is possible. Even if they removed the gamepad and made a much cheaper wii u, it simply will not work. Consumers will probably be unware that Mario Maker or Splatoon is incompatible with a system like the Wii u mini, so I do not think it will work.

Making a smaller gamepad is fine, but I doubt that will decrease costs at all.

Eh, I'd be fine with a cheaper Wii U, kinda like a 2DS, no actual software changes, just sturdier and cheaper parts for it to be more accessible overall.

Oh god I can Nintendo actually doing that when the NX releases. I bet it would just be a Smaller Wii U With a gamepad that is lighter and smaller with latterly no backwards compatibility to the Wii at all.
(Why is Nintendo and every company obsessed with smaller things!?)

Old thread, but even if they made it around the time this thread was made it wouldn't make sense. The Wii U didn't sell well and was practically a sinking ship mid-2016, so it would never happen. I wonder what would happen if the Wii U sold as well as the Wii..nintendo would continue the casual/family ONLY path..we'd have no splatoon...oh the horror.

Back