Which Character would you say is the best character for starting SSB4?

• Thread starter Stevo2201
  • Start date

If there was to be one DLC Character you would replace, which would it be?

• Lucas

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Roy

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Ryu

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Cloud

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Corrin

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
I think a good starting character would be link, he is a really good combination of short range (sword attacks) and long range (bow and boomerang) plus throwing attacks (bomb) as well as his shield which blocks projectiles( though it is small).

I think either Mario or Kirby. They both have basic and balanced moves that are used similar on other characters. Plus, they are very easy to control.

I don't know about u, but I'd just experiment with the characters and use which one works best for you. Not on the opinion of others. It's how I decided I like Corrin he may be challenging to use, but man he's strong. I also like Yoshi just be careful not to roll straight off the edge.

This is going to definitely be a weird choice, but if you're planning to get into competitive play, you should try Ike.

Ike will teach you the fundamentals of Smash, such as spacing, conditioning, reading and punishing.

but i guess mario is a good choice too, albeit s tier, but he's still my main

Mario for sure. He's very good, easy to grasp and not difficult to use at all. Excellent for beginners.

I think Kirby or villager would be a nice pick! Kirby has got a real easy move set to learn, he can obviously suck people up and absorb there power to get there standing still special move! He can also float when pressing Y multiple times which is the best for recovering he's just so adorable isn't he! a little pink ball of chaos :3 Villager though being cute as well can be VERY deadly, he has an OP side special what can let him fly on a gyroid rocket and it's very useful for recovery's and he has the balloon boy helmet so he can float like Kirby! He can also grab other players projectiles and throw them back at them with his standing still special. But really you should just try out all the characters and get a feel for the game ^.^

Reactions: SmashChamp
I've been misled....

I thought the poll related to the title of the topic, so I chose Corrin, because she's my favorite fighter and find her easy to use.

To replace?? Definitely not. I'd replace Lucas, because the last thing we need is more "PK" spammers.

Also, have you noticed that any fighter online who plays as Cloud acts like a total coward? They try to stand all alone to charge their thing, visciously attacking only when you try to stop them. Idk, it irks me. There's no real skill in that, imo. Dishonarable gameplay.

And I find Ryu as a very good motivational speaker. If you ever have doubts about whether you can do something, look to him for advice: "SHOR-YU-CAN"

Isn't it a beautiful line~? :cry:

Reactions: SmashChamp and Marc
I've been misled....

I thought the poll related to the title of the topic, so I chose Corrin, because she's my favorite fighter and find her easy to use.

To replace?? Definitely not. I'd replace Lucas, because the last thing we need is more "PK" spammers.

Also, have you noticed that any fighter online who plays as Cloud acts like a total coward? They try to stand all alone to charge their thing, visciously attacking only when you try to stop them. Idk, it irks me. There's no real skill in that, imo. Dishonarable gameplay.

And I find Ryu as a very good motivational speaker. If you ever have doubts about whether you can do something, look to him for advice: "SHOR-YU-CAN"

Isn't it a beautiful line~? :cry:
I'd get rid of Bayonetta personally, from a competitive standpoint she's not any fun to fight and is considered one of if not the best character in the game. Lucas atleast gets some pretty cool combos and has sick movement when you get to the higher level of play, while PK spam can easily be countered.

But yeah with how clouds play it kinda sucks. I main cloud and basically what we need to do is we play defensively while charging limit (but if you do it wrong you can get punished hard) and then once you get limit you play offensively (but still safely) to pressure your opponent into making the wrong move. One of the most important things when facing cloud is respect his attacks and play safely around them.

I'd say Mario, I think he's the most easy character to use and has a "basic" moveset, easy to learn (note that I'm not saying that's a bad thing). In the other hand, there's Kirby, which personally, is the character with which I started playing back in Smash Meelee; Kirby is another basic one with the difference that it can fly (thus, recover a bit easier and set different combos due to this), it is really easy to learn how to use in my opinion.

Link to me is the best character to start off with,he is really easy to use and his attacks are close range and wide spread.With enough training and practice anyone can master using link in smash.

I would say the best character to start with is link. He's got good weight, average speed, and disjointed hitbox. Oh, and his projectile game is on par with Samus. But unless you want this beginner to turn into a conceited spammer, don't recommend them link.

I'd say Ike. You can't be successful with him at all unless you have at least some understanding of the most important parts of the game, so if you can master Ike, you're pretty much set.

Mario would most likely be a good choice for starters with his balanced moveset and stats.

Back