Does anyone wish That Zelda games had a female option?

• Thread starter King Of 3D
  • Start date
King Of 3D

King Of 3D

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
I personally think it would be awesome to have a choice of gender instead of being locked to just Link (although Link is still really awesome :) ) So I was thinking that there has to be at least a few people out there that would also think it would be cool to have a choice of gender. So what do you think?? Should there be a female option? Let me know by replying, and have a great day!

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
Yes there should be an option for your character's gender. It was done in Pokemon, and in Fire Emblem, but not here. That can be changed if Nintendo is willing though.

No, there shouldn't. Unless it's a completely alternate character like Zelda, with her own story. And it wouldn't be a gender swap option.

Especially not turning Link into a female. For the record, neither of them are a player stand-in. Pokemon main characters ARE stand-ins, meanwhile Fire Emblem New Mystery's, Awakening 's and Fates' plots were bland and suffered greatly for having such customization options.

The only way I would want it in is a) non-canon spinoff b) it's not gender swapping Link, he's his own character and/or c) it's another character altogether, with his/her own story.

But for main games, as a cosmetic feature? No. Never.

Reactions: V_Weeb
Its nice if they do,but I dont think its necessary.
The people who are like "OMG ONLY A MALE MAIN CHARACTER!!!!PATRIARCHY!!!SEXISM!!!MISOGONY!!!"
will never be pleased and will always complain anyways.
Look at Linkle,said people wanted a female Link,but complained about said female Link being too much like Link.
You cant please them,they complain about a non existant problem,you cant solve a problem that isnt there.
And now that we have this done,for the gameplay:
Im pretty sure it will only change the player model,like in Pokemon if it was in the game,so its fairly useless considering gameplay.It would be interesting to play Zelda's site of the story in one game though.They could make it like Julius Mode in Castlevania Sorrow,where both modes end in a different story ending.(Id be happy about more changes than in the alt mode in CV Sorrow though.)

Reactions: Skyshaymin
Hm, I don't think so. Not w/Link. It'd be ok if they added Zelda or some other playable female character, but I think a guy Link is all we need. He's worked well so far.

Reactions: Blue Knight and V_Weeb
I wanted to play with Zelda! -.- It's the Legend of ZELDA, geez!
My favorite old-school style Zelda is Spirit Tracks, because she helps you instead of being just a damsel in distress...

Don't know about making Link have a female option a la Pokémon, but having an option where the roles were reversed and you played as Zelda would be nice.

I think if Nintendo did decide to include something like that in later games, that would be awesome.

There's always the chance they could make a Zelda-canon title that features either gender options or even a female Link. I mean, looking at Linkle's debut in Hyrule Warriors shows it's not out of the question.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64 and Bluefoot
I think an alternate game would be cool in that you play as Link with cut scenes where you play as Zelda. I think that would not only enhance story but provide more depth to the game. Besides, the game is great the way it is don't get me wrong. However, sometimes the classics get old and one needs to step back and try a new perspective. I feel that applies here throughout most Legend Of Zelda games we never see an of Zelda until we rescue her. I don't entirely know how Nintendo would do it but I can almost guarantee if enough people wanted it, they would make it.

Reactions: Bluefoot and Pandaxclone2
Meh I don't really see the point its not a kind of game lie Pokémon where its like you as a character sure you play as link but link his his own character and turning him into a female would really complicate things in the story, imagine Zelda being saved by link but Zelda doesn't recognise him and when he goes in for a kiss or something she's creeped out and friend zoned :panda:

While I can see some benefits to this option, I may have to disagree. I think Zelda has gotten too far in popularity and formula to include a girl option. I know the Pokemon games made it male-only characters for a while, but what gender you play as in those games is unimportant. Just some pronoun changes and dialogue, that's about it.

If they introduced a female option, there would need to be a complete overhaul in the story, because Link being a guy is very important in every Zelda game.

So, thanks, but no thanks.

I think that if you let the player choose a gender for the main character, it would just be another game. I mean, imagine you choose a female character, will that be enough to bear the game The legend of Zelda? Or should it be The legend of Link? I strongly believe that the Link formula in the zelda series is what I has made it what it is today. I don´t think it could work as a female link

They could always make an option for linkle (from Hyrule warriors Legends) although im not sure how the story will be affected...

Geez, you guys. How has the gender of one character been so uberly important to the Zelda series? Because I'm not seeing it.

Male, female, whatever. I wouldn't mind being given that option. Besides, Link's voice is often high enough to pass for female, anyway. XD

Or we could shun the very idea for the sake of misogyny...

Either way.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Well, I think it would be interesting for such an option to exist, and they did experiment with such a thing in Hyrule Warriors (even though it isn't canon), I don't think it would fit well in most of the game's stories, especially Breath of the Wild, where even your name being changed would be too much for the story...

Back