Stupidest Thing You've Had to Memorize or Learn at School (;-_-)

• Thread starter Shukurimu
  • Start date
Shukurimu

Shukurimu

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ 私に深瀬を呼ぶ !!!!
Towns Folk
We have to learn the dimensions of a Pickleball court in PE this week...

Even if Pickleball like spikes in popularity or something... Just why..

You don't need this information so I just find these classes ridiculous.

But I have to keep a 4.0 average and have been working hard for it so.. Whatchya gonna do..

I was wondering if anyone else has had any stupid subjects they've had to endure?

Reactions: Jisenku
Well, for me, it wasn't memorizing or "learning", per se, but PE was definitely my least favorite class of them all.
I'm sensitive to pain, so I don't "work out", as it were. But somehow I was suddenly being required to adhere to guidelines I was halfway across the world from.

Besides that, being around--
nevemind. That's a topic for a PM or something.

I get that exercise is important, but they need to back off and let me do it my way. For example, I like dancing to songs and whatnot. That sounds like fair cardio to me (and really feels like it when the song ends, too. >w>"). They wouldn't let me go at my own speed, and more than once, I felt a sharp pain somewhere in my torso because of all that accursed running.

I loathed that class like no other.

And then there was that wretched time in "Health" class, where we were supposed to learn/memorize about various STI's (STD's, whatever, idc, why they can't just pick one name idk).
^^ That grossed me out a lot. I just, I can't even.

I had to memorise my own Myers Briggs colour spectrum that is basically a spectrum that defines me psychoanalytically shown as colours on a spectrum. Just in case anyone is wondering by the way yes the teacher had us hand one of in for reference. Now to put all the pieces into play, one might assume this was an average high school social science course of sorts, but here is the kicker it was Grade 10 Computer Engineering... and the teacher was drop dead serious when he said you better have memorise this for the test... to this day that is the test I did the worst on (27 %... *shudder). Seriously, it's not like he used said knowledge in our learning at all so why????? Then there is every single thing I ever learned in health class that was just seriously uncomfortable, especially when the teacher has students perform the examples..... thank RNGsus it was never me.

We weren't allowed to write our own interpretations and thoughts on the poetry we read, we had to memorize what the teacher wanted. Which defeats the purpose and just led a lot of people to hate poetry.

And then there was that wretched time in "Health" class, where we were supposed to learn/memorize about various STI's (STD's, whatever, idc, why they can't just pick one name idk).
^^ That grossed me out a lot. I just, I can't even.
That's pretty useful though. No one is going to study STDs on their own time.

Reactions: Jisenku and Farhaan Raja
We weren't allowed to write our own interpretations and thoughts on the poetry we read, we had to memorize what the teacher wanted. Which defeats the purpose and just led a lot of people to hate poetry.

That's pretty useful though. No one is going to study STDs on their own time.

Actually, it's not, considering I already went over them in a different health class two years prior, and I've already decided not to copulate with another human until I mate them for life. I was also forced into a sex ed class (a separate one from the other two) which made me very uncomfortable. I don't need or want to know about different forms of birth control blah blah blah, and I especially really don't want to hear it from strangers that I don't trust!

I'm just peeved, because literally nobody cared about my consent to learn any of these classes.

The most stupid things I had to memorize were the things that are supposed to help you remember: all the crazy mnemonics. Rhymes and acronyms that on their own make no sense whatsoever. We were actually forced to memorize these for our tests, as in the answers to the questions were the mnemonics, not the stuff they're supposed to make you remember... :banghead:

The most stupid things I had to memorize were the things that are supposed to help you remember: all the crazy mnemonics. Rhymes and acronyms that on their own make no sense whatsoever. We were actually forced to memorize these for our tests, as in the answers to the questions were the mnemonics, not the stuff they're supposed to make you remember... :banghead:

Hell's Academy for the Unforgivable, is that you?? >.<

Hell's Academy for the Unforgivable, is that you?? >.<
Apart from the lazy teachers who made the above tests, I'm quite pleased with my time in school :)

Apart from the lazy teachers who made the above tests, I'm quite pleased with my time in school :)

I have mixed feelings about mine. My former theater teacher didn't really teach my class. Like, at all. :/
And the food could be better, but. Eh. Oh well, I guess.

I remember one time that my art class had to study the color wheel and the names of different types of line strokes. I find the color wheel to be totally useless when I draw since sometimes don't even draw with color at all and just a pen or pencil. I find studying line strokes a little silly since that's too easy just to make a class study it.

When I had Chemistry we had to memorize the Periodic Table and all the elements and I was kind of frustrated because I'd didn't know I had to because I was new to the class when I got my schedule switched it was crazy the teacher would teach us like crap too he would make fun of students who didn't try their best I know students are lazy now in days and are rude ,but you never know what they are going through in their houses and family that's why I never made fun of anyone and tried to befriend my partners I sat next to in class I kind of felt bad for this one girl the in the class who got made fun of because she forgot a calculator and the teacher always scolded everyone who didn't have one and I let the girl borrow my calculator because I didn't want her to be embarrassed by the teacher.

Well memorizing the periodic table isn't exactly stupid in chemistry. Besides after you work with it as much as you do in AP, you get a lot of it memorized anyway.

Reactions: Jisenku

But I have to keep a 4.0 average and have been working hard for it so.. Whatchya gonna do..

I was wondering if anyone else has had any stupid subjects they've had to endure?
Whats pickleball?

I remember one time that my art class had to study the color wheel and the names of different types of line strokes. I find the color wheel to be totally useless when I draw since sometimes don't even draw with color at all and just a pen or pencil. I find studying line strokes a little silly since that's too easy just to make a class study it.
It’s not useless I find it incredibly useful when coloring my art or drawing detail in my drawings ;)

Who fought who in the past like oh my gosh get over it that was 20 years ago dude its gone they are probably dead anyways by now(a lot of people may say that its not stupid and I agree but I needed something to say and to me it is stupid and that's all that matters

Its been nearly 9 whole years since my high school experiences

Me sitting there in History class listening to boring lectures from my teacher. Out of no where I learned a Dad joke from him because I guess he noticed everyone was sleepy.

Here is how that joke goes:
So all these rich people got together for a pool party right? And the owner of the Estate had alligators and said "okay, whoever can jump in the pool and wrestle with the alligators and get out alive gets 100 million dollars." Everybody laughed their a**** off at him and called him crazy. As everyone turned away from the pool a splash came out of no where and it was the owner! The owner was throwing the alligators all over the place and pretty much winning. Everyone was cheering him on and than as he got out with his tore up clothes and bitten body parts he said "alright.... which one of you pushed me in?" Everyone remained silent and he was Billionaire after that night.

Yeah it woke us up, everyone faked laughed.... but ugh that was the weird thing we learned. Pretty dull school, teachers seemed soulless in that place for the most part.

I don't think that can even count as a joke. I don't see a punch line

Reactions: LarryMyster
Nothing is entirely useless to everyone. I'm sure there's someone who's always wanted to know the dimensions of a Pickle ball court or something (but I feel ya).

But for me, the most useless thing I had to be taught was a whole list of some facts that were a little cool...but none really applied to living a more fruitful lifestyle. These include

• Most American cars honk in the F key.
  • Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts
  • The average person falls asleep in seven minutes (wait...that may not be so useless now that I think about it)
  • 101 Dalmations, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Mulan are some examples of Disney cartoons where the parents are present and don't die as the movie goes.
  • To get out of a Croc's mouth, stick your finger in its eyes; it'll let go instantly (maybe not so useless either)
  • The electric chair was invented by a dentist
  • Because of the rotation of the Earth, you can throw objects farther facing west.
  • A Giraffe can go without water longer than a Camel.
  • The plastic things at the end of shoelaces are called aglets
:panda:

Nothing is entirely useless to everyone. I'm sure there's someone who's always wanted to know the dimensions of a Pickle ball court or something (but I feel ya).

But for me, the most useless thing I had to be taught was a whole list of some facts that were a little cool...but none really applied to living a more fruitful lifestyle. These include

• Most American cars honk in the F key.
  • Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts
  • The average person falls asleep in seven minutes (wait...that may not be so useless now that I think about it)
  • 101 Dalmations, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Mulan are some examples of Disney cartoons where the parents are present and don't die as the movie goes.
  • To get out of a Croc's mouth, stick your finger in its eyes; it'll let go instantly (maybe not so useless either)
  • The electric chair was invented by a dentist
  • Because of the rotation of the Earth, you can throw objects farther facing west.
  • A Giraffe can go without water longer than a Camel.
  • The plastic things at the end of shoelaces are called aglets
:panda:
No way! It always takes me like a half hour to an hour to fall asleep, and that's on a good night where I actually do a lot of physical activity and am tired... I might have some sort of insomnia, or maybe I just can't sleep when my roommate is listening to his dang videos without headphones!!! All night!! I don't get how he falls asleep in .07 seconds while watching youtube and yet I can't and I'm not the one who's like sleeping with a phone in my face. I guess it just takes a long time for me to fall asleep because I'm above average xD.

Disecting Shep braaaaains

Reactions: Duffy
Back