My Game! ( Plus Potatoes ^~^ )

• Thread starter SmashChamp
  • Start date
I'm not sure using Unreal Engine 4 is a good choice if you're beginning or used to something like RPG Maker. If anything, it'll make things worse, because, as you said, it's complex. That's like recommending Unity or C++ to somebody who never programmed before. That's going to make said person hate game developing, while it should be fun.
I actually began developing with codeblocks in order to learn a C++ basis but I rapidly switched to the UE4, that's true, you need to understand many things in order to use this engine properly but I usually watch tutorials on the features I haven't already used. Plus, it has a visual developing system (blueprint) that is quite intuitive...

Update on game progress!

• More skills have been added.
  • Plot writing a bit.
  • Made a new boss!
  • Edited the playable characters.
  • Squashed bugs.
  • Installed new plug-ins.
It may not seem like much, but allot of database work has been done.

Reactions: 18, mrTTL and Kakea
How far into this are you? It seems very intresting and worth playing if you get the characters and plot right I'm sure you'll be fine. Nice title btw
Ps potatoes should be more op (but very rare) because potatoes are awesome
Pps what sort of themes will you be going for? If you work on that you'll be able to find a suitable title for it (probably anyway)

How far into this are you? It seems very intresting and worth playing if you get the characters and plot right I'm sure you'll be fine. Nice title btw
Ps potatoes should be more op (but very rare) because potatoes are awesome
Pps what sort of themes will you be going for? If you work on that you'll be able to find a suitable title for it (probably anyway)
I've got allot of stuff down, but can't say I'm super far in progress yet. It'll take a while until it's done, And ty :p

Hmm... Maybe. Potatoes are indeed awesome!
That is a good idea, and I do think that would help out allot.

This looks so cool! I wish you the best of luck! o/

Good luck with this project, I hope it turns out very successful.

Thanks you two!

Update~
  • Mostly database work has been done, I made some new skills, some new enemies, new weapons, new armors, and new items.
  • Getting close to the point I can release a demo!

Have you made any progress lately?

This looks very intriguing and for once I am excited to play someone else's game rather than mine.

Reactions: SmashChamp
Have you made any progress lately?
Yes, I've been taking a bit of a break though, I'll make an update post soon.

Reactions: spagooti and 18
Sorry for the long wait for an update. I haven't had much time to work on the game recently. I am gonna do a fun of work on the game soon, though. I haven't done too much in recent times.

Sorry for how long the demo's taking. I plan on working on it soon. I do have a question for you all though, for the dungeon, would you like a demo due the story, that stops at a certain point, or a demo were you get to toy around with the features, kinda like Sun and Moon's demo.

Probably toy around with the features, I want the story to be a surprise.

Reactions: SmashChamp
Sorry for the long wait for an update. I haven't had much time to work on the game recently. I am gonna do a fun of work on the game soon, though. I haven't done too much in recent times.

Sorry for how long the demo's taking. I plan on working on it soon. I do have a question for you all though, for the dungeon, would you like a demo due the story, that stops at a certain point, or a demo were you get to toy around with the features, kinda like Sun and Moon's demo.

I'd rather the story be a surprise, but learning the features would be super great!

Reactions: Skyshaymin and SmashChamp
Same, toy around with the features. But some NPC interaction would be great, so we get a taste of the general atmosphere.

Reactions: Skyshaymin and SmashChamp
Agreed with the other posts. Looking forward to the demo when it's released

Reactions: AricAttack, PersonSP and SmashChamp
Back