PC Gives BSoD With Error "Worker Invalid"

• Thread starter Syntthetix
  • Start date
Pretty late to this, but as was said a bit earlier, it's plausible this is temperature related. A BSoD could be the OS shutting down to rapidly cool the temperature. If you/others still face this problem after trying out the other solutions, might be worth taking the laptop/PC apart, dusting it out and replacing the thermal paste under the fan.

That reminds me, I need to dust out my computer once I fix it and replace the paste xD

@Syntthetix Was this issue ever resolved in the end?

Reactions: Ashkil
That reminds me, I need to dust out my computer once I fix it and replace the paste xD

@Syntthetix Was this issue ever resolved in the end?
Well, I just got a new FX 8350 installed today, and I still got a crash. That's with new thermal paste, a new cooling fan/heatsink, and multiple boots to make sure it got some things cached and worked correctly. If it turns out my PSU is the issue here, since it's the only remaining component to look at, it would make absolutely no sense considering I have over 100 watts of extra power available. I guess I can get the last $15 or so to buy a new 550W PSU. By the way, for a while now I haven't been getting a BSoD, but it just turns the PC off instantly.

Well, I just got a new FX 8350 installed today, and I still got a crash. That's with new thermal paste, a new cooling fan/heatsink, and multiple boots to make sure it got some things cached and worked correctly. If it turns out my PSU is the issue here, since it's the only remaining component to look at, it would make absolutely no sense considering I have over 100 watts of extra power available. I guess I can get the last $15 or so to buy a new 550W PSU. By the way, for a while now I haven't been getting a BSoD, but it just turns the PC off instantly.

I guess it is the PSU then. It adds up. Turning off the PC instantly rules out RAM problems, which is what I had suspected before. How old is your PSU? Are you sure all the cables are connected tightly? Even if it can provide excess power, if it isn't continuous (due to age or whatever), these kind of problems may arise.

I guess it is the PSU then. It adds up. Turning off the PC instantly rules out RAM problems, which is what I had suspected before. How old is your PSU? Are you sure all the cables are connected tightly? Even if it can provide excess power, if it isn't continuous (due to age or whatever), these kind of problems may arise.
Alright, my PSU is about a year and a half old. It came with my case back when I first built my PC, and I don't know what I could have done to damage it. I'm going to go ahead and check all my power cables, and then we'll see about an upgrade. I'm probably going to upgrade to an EVGA 550W since that should be far more than enough power and it has a pretty good price.

Yup, sounds like its overheating due to the PSU or hit a corrupted sector (Which is the issue I'm having with my computer currently.)

It does seem like overclocking it damaged the PSU in someway causing it to act like this.

Yup, sounds like its overheating due to the PSU or hit a corrupted sector (Which is the issue I'm having with my computer currently.)

It does seem like overclocking it damaged the PSU in someway causing it to act like this.
Well it really sucks that my PSU is screwed over as well, but at least once I replace it my PC will be reallllyyy good for gaming. Also, thanks for helping me out with this over the last couple months, it was good to have some people giving suggestions and advice :)

No worries! And yeah, I guessed it was your PSU after what you've been saying.

I'm always willing to help out with any PC issues :D

Looks like this will be the final update:
I got my new PSU, and EVERYTHING IS PERFECT. No crashing, no performance bottlenecks, nothing. I'm able to play everything on high graphics settings without any issues, so I have finally gotten my PC to the point that I've wanted. Thanks everyone who helped me figure out that the CPU and PSU were both the issue!

Reactions: Ashkil
Looks like this will be the final update:
I got my new PSU, and EVERYTHING IS PERFECT. No crashing, no performance bottlenecks, nothing. I'm able to play everything on high graphics settings without any issues, so I have finally gotten my PC to the point that I've wanted. Thanks everyone who helped me figure out that the CPU and PSU were both the issue!

Hey! Glad to hear that it's all resolved now! :D

Next time I'd be a lot more careful when overclocking :p

Great to know. PSUs are always tricky stuff.
First time I built a PC, a completely new one just died. Absolutely no reason why

I would try googling for answers and trying to search for youtube videos. Your PC might have gotten overheated or if your PC is old that could be a problem as well. I hope that the problem will be fixed soon. It could be due to the HD quality of the game maybe you should try to play it in lower resolution if possible. I don't know much about PCS but I hope that it helps

I would try googling for answers and trying to search for youtube videos. Your PC might have gotten overheated or if your PC is old that could be a problem as well. I hope that the problem will be fixed soon. It could be due to the HD quality of the game maybe you should try to play it in lower resolution if possible. I don't know much about PCS but I hope that it helps

This has already been resolved. It was caused by overclocking that damaged the PSU :p

Reactions: Frost
Back