Nostalgia Games

• Thread starter manugutir
  • Start date
manugutir

manugutir

Humble Tactician
Towns Folk
Some games really make you want to go back in time to experience them again for the first time... Or in some cases, the properties and style of some games wakes that nostalgy on us, for example, I think we all feel nostalgic when we see something 8-bit styled.

Personally, I feel nostalgic whenever I hear that "ring" sound from the Sonic games, since I grew up playing Sonic, technically; and also when I see something 8-bit styled, as I mentioned in the example. And how can we forget some of the classic Zelda scenes and sounds?

What kind of gaming-related things makes you feel nostalgic?

Reactions: 18
Mischief_Makers.jpg

Need I say more, 1990s kids? ;)

Frogger for the PC. It was one of the first real games I owned, and I played it on my family's Windows 98 computer. Back then I was only allowed to play computer games for a half-hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It probably is still my favorite video game, just for that nostalgic feel, plus it was fun and incredibly challenging. I never beat it as a kid because it was so difficult, but I really enjoyed it. Just hearing that cool intro music just gets my nostalgia going.

Frogger for the PC. It was one of the first real games I owned, and I played it on my family's Windows 98 computer. Back then I was only allowed to play computer games for a half-hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It probably is still my favorite video game, just for that nostalgic feel, plus it was fun and incredibly challenging. I never beat it as a kid because it was so difficult, but I really enjoyed it. Just hearing that cool intro music just gets my nostalgia going.
OMG I haven't thought about that game in YEARS. That was a classic. I love that game!

My nastalgia game is DK64. Anytime I think about that song I remember playing with my dad on the game and watching him play and everything. I love it!

I know I didn't grow up with it soon enough but I get nostalgia from playing games like Pokémon Blue Version and Super Mario Land. Those games had very memorable music and were simple yet fun and offered a decent challenge. I mean just talking about Diamond version makes me feel old because it was the first "modern" Pokémon game I got and I can't believe it's over 10 years old. Not my favorite in the series but it at least qualifies as an RPG.

Oh, yeah, we cannot forget the nostalgia from the original Super Mario Brothers. That keyboard music is unforgettable. Also, the pipes and the final jump on the pole bring back memories. :cat:

I actually wished I had played Liero back in the day on DOS. The other day is the first time I've ever played it and besides the controls being hard to get use to, it's a blast. Back in the day I would have been blown away by its cuteness/violence lol.

If I had to go back and experience a game I have played though it would definitely be GTA III. It blew my socks off with its 3D open world environment in 2002. I played it for months and didn't even bother doing the missions, I just goofed off doing stunts and causing destruction.

Definitely Pokemon Gold and Silver. Pokemon was one of the only videogames series I have known well (You're gonna hate me but I didn't know what The Legend of Zelda was back when I was around 7, it isn't popular here), and Gold and Silver (I say both because they're almost the same) are still my favorite games of all times.

I think several games that kick the nostalgia feel to me are mostly NES games like Soccer, Super Mario Bros. and Track & Field game among others. I guess this is because I played on Famiclone console when I was a kid.

I'm gonna sound so young when I say this but Pokémon Sapphire. It was the first game I played, whenever my cousin would let me borrow her Gameboy. A couple years ago, she just gave me the copy of the game as she was "growing up." This was after I got a DS, so I played this and Pokémon Pearl so often, alternating between the two. Alpha Sapphire didn't bring back as much of the joy as I was hoping, but seeing how the world changed was a neat experience.

I think that the pokemon sapphire is a great game because it best pokemon on it.

ps1_crash_bandicoot_2_cortex_strikes_b_p_s95prd.jpg

When I was little, I grew up with Crash Bandicoot 2 and Warped, along with Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash

I didn't even touch the first one until I got a Raspberry Pi last Christmas, but I digress. The first two games really helped with my platforming skills, the third game was an awesome game for rainy days in Cali, few as they were, and the last one...I'm replaying it on my Pi, and I have no idea how we got to the Komodo Bros. when I was little, because this game is difficult!

Pokémon Gold and Silver for me :D
Everytime I hear those songs/sound effects I almost have a time travel! And I think I can still play it today, despite the old graphics, it's still a pretty game!
Meanwhile,the original ones are boring for me,dunno if it's the lack of full color or the whole world... ><

Pokemon Silver (or gold, never played it) is the most nostalgic for me. The songs always get me and it was my favourite pokemon game after all, never going to forget these games as they mean a lot to me.

Super Smash bros 64 was a really nostalgic game I ever played I remember playing it at my friends house with my cousins when we played my brothers friend would always beat us because he was good and he literally played like everyday and I remember one time I tried to battle him ,but he killed everyone with Link who became my favorite character in the Super Smash bros series also he gave the Nintendo 64 to my uncle then he gave it to my cousins and the I got it because they were greedy and isn't want me to have it.

Some games really make you want to go back in time to experience them again for the first time... Or in some cases, the properties and style of some games wakes that nostalgy on us, for example, I think we all feel nostalgic when we see something 8-bit styled.

Personally, I feel nostalgic whenever I hear that "ring" sound from the Sonic games, since I grew up playing Sonic, technically; and also when I see something 8-bit styled, as I mentioned in the example. And how can we forget some of the classic Zelda scenes and sounds?

What kind of gaming-related things makes you feel nostalgic?
SUPER MARIOOOO. In my childhood, I played Super Mario World the most! So when I hear the sounds and songs from the game, I always remember being so amazed! Yoshi was super cool! B) The cape was super fun! Some parts were very tight too! Like the many parts in the game where you may or may not get crushed by a wall. As well as TRYING TO FLY THROUGH LAVA WITH A LOT OF LAVA BUBBLE TRYING TO GET YOU. Good Times. I always liked flying, and would always swap ANY power up for a Cape Feather, even when I'm underwater.

But I played GameCube games the most, GameCube games were my favorite of all! Mario Sunshine especially. But I played that a little later around my tens, so I feel a little less nostalgia for them. I tried so hard to 100 percent the game too! And the ending was very memorable. Both Super Mario World and Mario Sunshine. The Super Mario World ending music always hits hard, and the Mario Sunshine ending always warms my heart. Also the No F.L.U.D.D. levels. :mad: I don't know about you all, but I really like collecting blue coins! They were so well-hidden, andI felt so good when I finally found one that I've been searching for hours! And the boss fights were hard, but very fun! My favorite was the mecha bowser. Very cool!

Mine would 100% be pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky. i always tell my friends if i ever lose my memory for whatever reason then PLEASE make me play pokemon mystery dungeon sky so i can re fell and experience everything that game has to bring again with a fresh clean slate without knowing everything that happens would be amazing.

Back