Why the N64 is better than the wii u(a step back in technology)

• Thread starter bobby wobby
  • Start date
bobby wobby

bobby wobby

Youtuber
Towns Folk
Now everyone knows what the N64 was it was an amazing console that we all loved as kids.And we all know what the WII U is....its pretty self explanatory.But here is why the WII U flopped and how the N64 is actually better.The N64 an amazing console a true testament to how a console should be made it had so many great games and left so many memeories unscathed.The WII U....an add on to the wii probably...uhhhh there was uhhh...idk heres why the N64 is better.It had so many better games and so much third party support and the WII U...the wii u had NBA 2K13 and no other game,because 2k realized there mistake,anyway the N64 is better.

I like both systems in that they each have their own unique features. The N64 is a classic that lead to most of the systems we have today and without probably wouldn't have half the games we do today. Yet the Wii U brought a gamepad system which I loved, made Multiplayer Games fun, was browser compatible on my TV screen, could play STEAM games on it. I think they each have their own pros and cons which is why I enjoy both.

Now everyone knows what the N64 was it was an amazing console that we all loved as kids.And we all know what the WII U is....its pretty self explanatory.But here is why the WII U flopped and how the N64 is actually better.The N64 an amazing console a true testament to how a console should be made it had so many great games and left so many memeories unscathed.The WII U....an add on to the wii probably...uhhhh there was uhhh...idk heres why the N64 is better.It had so many better games and so much third party support and the WII U...the wii u had NBA 2K13 and no other game,because 2k realized there mistake,anyway the N64 is better.

Do you even own a Wii U? If you're gonna argue which is better consumer-speaking, you gotta know what both has to offer. (Or if you know, make imperitive to elaborate, you've said nothing about the Wii U except shrugging and "you know.")

I own both, I can make a more distinct and hardly one-sided conclusion on which was more successful.
  • The N64 was highly publicized in the early days of 3D gaming, which Nintendo seized and rose to power quickly. Since everybody knew how huge this at-the-time new field would be, everybody got their hands in the pot. This resulted in all kinds of third-party support, not much of it is admittedly known or remembered well, but still holds up to the test of time. Then Nintendo overestimated their abilities, failed to produce the add-on they spent a bit of time and cash on, and any future success of the N64 simply wasn't. It just ran its course
  • The Wii U is a decent modern console, with grand follow-ups to previous hit games and newcomers as well. It had the striking power of a few rivals, but not of their more intense "online-all-the-time" opponents. Plus, the poor public coverage of the console and its lax ad-campaign contributed to its small earnings. Delays, at first welcomed on past consoles, would also trip the Wii U and now the public opinion is "give up, we're not getting anything." Sales just suffer when no one is optimistic about it.
If you compare histories, of course the N64 is gonna come out on top. Preformance specs alone, the Wii U is stories above it.
Opinion is scattered, and no one can get a read on just which is better according to taste.
You can't have a conclusion if you mention one third-party title - one third-party title of a sport-game no less. And memories are abject: nobody can make good memories, they have nothing to do with performance or sales-power.

Sorry dude, your post just set off a literary monster over here. I loath a review badly written and highly biased. Though I word my post with a fist, I ultimately mean well and hope you too can note the wisdom in the whole of the post.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64, Ace, Gary Johnson and 1 other person
Chill out its an opinion

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64, TribstyAnn, Gary Johnson and 1 other person
Chill out its an opinion

An opinion which you have decided to put up as a thread in this community. It's alright to have your opinion but other people have the right to criticise it when stated.

Reactions: TribstyAnn and BetterBushyBurmyBureau
An opinion which you have decided to put up as a thread in this community. It's alright to have your opinion but other people have the right to criticise it when stated.

Well he could be less rude about it,I mean he could have easily said,well an opinion is an opinion but I disagree but no he goes all philosopher and just doesnt take it for what it is.

Well he could be less rude about it,I mean he could have easily said,well an opinion is an opinion but I disagree but no he goes all philosopher and just doesnt take it for what it is.

Because your post on why the N64 is better than the Wii U is pretty sloppy. The post itself needs some paragraph structure and better presentation of what points, but even then it becomes obvious that you are biased towards the N64 while the Wii U's barely if at all touched upon, suggesting little knowledge of the Wii U to begin with.

You might think it strict and rude but criticism is actually a good thing. Criticism can tell you the problems you're making while showing you how to better represent your case. As things are you're taking it badly and misconstruing it as an attack on yourself when that is not the case. Even though @Big Chilly pointed out it was badly written and highly biased, he wasn't doing it out of malice but rather he's showing you what you can and should do to make your argument better. He even said that while it might come off as harsh he ultimately means well.

Last edited:
Reactions: TribstyAnn, Ace and MindzEye
Panda is totally right. The original post was a rhetorically irresponsible review and it could be reviewed better. Usually in argumentative essays you want to stay as unbiased as possible and make your conclusion based on pure facts rather than bias.

Reactions: MindzEye and Pandaxclone2
Being dismissive about it doesn't help. If you wanted to do that you should've at least made no reply and just left the topic to its own devices. Alternatively you could give it some thought for a day before making your response. Either way that's your choice.

Just keep in mind that if you're going to make a thread or otherwise make a post debating or arguing something, expect there to be posts made which are against your opinion; that's your responsibility. If you don't want to take it, don't post it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MindzEye
Nah, quite simply, the N64 was technologically advanced for its age, with the exception of poor, high latency RAM and limited and expensive storage. Games were also much less expensive to produce at the time, it also got literally some of the most revolutionary games in history.

The Wii U was outdated as soon as it came out, didn't get a high enough install base early on, didn't get it's features properly utilized, and didn't get truly ambitious games on it.

That's it, really.

Reactions: bobby wobby
I can point out in larger text where I said I write hard with good intentions, if you want @bobby wobby.

As for taking it for what it is, however that was meant, you're not taking my words for what they are.
I ain't angry, I'm just wordy. They aren't the same thing.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
While I love me some N64, I must say the hardware has not aged very well. Most games had terrible framerate and muddy textures. I still own one and play it regularly as I still love the games, but the hardware leaves a lot to be desired compared to the Wii U. The games are what's good, not really the console itself.

No, the N64 had pretty much zero 3rd party support due to the dumb decision to use cartridges instead of disks.
The Controller is weird.
The graphics have not aged well at all. (Hence why both zelda games had a remake)
Sound quality was awfull.
The camera buttons were not good (except for smash)

The wii U wasnt great either, but i can still name some great games from the top of my head.

Of course, more technologically advanced gaming systems are better, but that doesn't mean the vintage ones weren't sometimes fun. Obviously, some of the individual vintage games were fun or they wouldn't have sold.

Do you even own a Wii U? If you're gonna argue which is better consumer-speaking, you gotta know what both has to offer. (Or if you know, make imperitive to elaborate, you've said nothing about the Wii U except shrugging and "you know.")

I own both, I can make a more distinct and hardly one-sided conclusion on which was more successful.
  • The N64 was highly publicized in the early days of 3D gaming, which Nintendo seized and rose to power quickly. Since everybody knew how huge this at-the-time new field would be, everybody got their hands in the pot. This resulted in all kinds of third-party support, not much of it is admittedly known or remembered well, but still holds up to the test of time. Then Nintendo overestimated their abilities, failed to produce the add-on they spent a bit of time and cash on, and any future success of the N64 simply wasn't. It just ran its course
  • The Wii U is a decent modern console, with grand follow-ups to previous hit games and newcomers as well. It had the striking power of a few rivals, but not of their more intense "online-all-the-time" opponents. Plus, the poor public coverage of the console and its lax ad-campaign contributed to its small earnings. Delays, at first welcomed on past consoles, would also trip the Wii U and now the public opinion is "give up, we're not getting anything." Sales just suffer when no one is optimistic about it.
If you compare histories, of course the N64 is gonna come out on top. Preformance specs alone, the Wii U is stories above it.
Opinion is scattered, and no one can get a read on just which is better according to taste.
You can't have a conclusion if you mention one third-party title - one third-party title of a sport-game no less. And memories are abject: nobody can make good memories, they have nothing to do with performance or sales-power.

Sorry dude, your post just set off a literary monster over here. I loath a review badly written and highly biased. Though I word my post with a fist, I ultimately mean well and hope you too can note the wisdom in the whole of the post.

Hands down the best post in this thread.

You made very good points in your post. Poor public coverage really did do a number to the Wii U's sales. It didn't hype people for what was coming and, well, people usually don't buy consoles they are not excited about. That certainly doesn't make it inferior to the Nintendo 64 nor does the games it had make it inferior (after all, that doesn't change the quality of the system itself, especially if you're talking about a third party sports game), but it does hurt its reputation and sales.

Personally, though, I can't really decide which one I prefer. I have some pretty big problems with both of them. But then again, I'm a very picky person when it comes to some things so I complain about a lot of things people usually don't complain about.

Back