Metagrossite has been banned from OU

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
After looking at Mega Metagross and its stats, I thought it would have been banned much earlier, but I could see why it wasn't because it suffered a lot from four move syndrome.

For S/M, the mega stone has been banned from OU.

Thoughts?

This T R I G G E Rs me.
I personally thought it was balanced, but i guess not :/
Maybe they just want people to use solgaleo a lot :p

Maybe they just want people to use solgaleo a lot :p
I think Solgaleo is an uber :panda:

After looking at Mega Metagross and its stats, I thought it would have been banned much earlier, but I could see why it wasn't because it suffered a lot from four move syndrome.
If that was the case, it still wouldn't be banned, unless I don't understand exactly what you said.

They had a suspect test back in gen 6 and it only didn't get banned by the skin of its teeth, this time around, with the buff to megas, where the changes to speed were effective immediately instead of the next turn probably pushed Metagross over the end, however, I hope that it gets unbanned in time.

They had a suspect test back in gen 6 and it only didn't get banned by the skin of its teeth, this time around, with the buff to megas, where the changes to speed were effective immediately instead of the next turn probably pushed Metagross over the end, however, I hope that it gets unbanned in time.
The 350 speed stat never really bothered me when I played against it. On the enemy's team, their M-Metagross always lacked a certain move to destroy my team. Due to that, I was always able to take care of a majority of 'em that came by way ^^

Four move syndrome :

- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt / Pursuit
- Earthquake

You need most of these moves on the thing for it to do major damage with its stats.

Off-topic: Didn't know megas didn't need to wait a turn to get the extra speed stat. That's awesome and now I can remove protect from my M- Beedrill (which I've been starting to like more and more lately) :D

Could I still use him for that tournament I signed up for?
(If not, I could use him without the metagrosite tho.)

Reactions: Ace
Psychic Terrain was introduced, and Megagross used it better than Lele, and also, Bob's probably right about that Mega buff being good for it, but I feel like it was banned way too early. A lot of the fighting type, and offensive typed megas that checked it gen 6 just aren't in the game yet, and i feel like it wouldn't be special enough to be banned with those other things around. If it weren't for all the new fairies introduced to OU, I also don't feel like it would have even been considered for this ban.

i thought solgaleo was an ou ;-;

Back