Politics and general conduct

• Thread starter Ashkil
  • Start date
Ashkil

Ashkil

Space Cowboy
Towns Folk
This is something I feel strongly about, and think is important for people to keep in mind here and everywhere else, regardless of age. Mostly applies to Americans (ironic I know since I'm not one) but it does apply to others too. I'm sorry for bringing politics into even this forum, and many undoubtedly look at this forum as a distraction, and if you do then please close this and move on. For those who don't though, and those who want to be better people, please read on and reflect on what follows. I know it's different from the normal content on this forum, but we are the next generation and we have to reflect a change for the better.

• Firstly, it sucks that Trump won. The fact that a homophobic, racist, sexist pig could be elected by the people of America is terrifying and frankly disgusting. I thought Brexit was the worst the world could offer in a year, but clearly I was wrong
  • Though he was elected , this is not cause for rising up and rebelling. Torching, looting, violence and misdemeanours do nothing for anyone and just hurt the community more. Protest Trump's actions if they are bad, not the democratic process you believed in when you cast your votes.
  • Violence, racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance are never productive or alright. These are practices that should not happen in our world. Everybody is equal regardless of gender, sexual preferences, race or any other distinguishing metric and this must always be remembered. African Americans, Muslims, women, gays and all others are equal. Any disruptions would just hurt everyone.
  • When you can vote, vote truly for the better candidate and not the better salesman. Politicians may promise the world but logically think on what they can and cannot do and act on that. Don't vote for whoever sounds better. Vote smart.
  • The world is not ending. The sun will rise and the day will continue. There might be change, and it may not be good, but it can be weathered through. We will survive and fight on. Now is the time more than any other to stick together, to stand strong regardless of which country you may live in. We have to stand together to fight the issues of our world, especially that which affects us all. Global warming, civil liberties, the right to life with dignity - these are all essential and must be preserved. Educate yourself on political rights and needs. Go to school. Don't do drugs. Make sure you're the best person you can be.
Again I'm sorry for bring this up on a forum like this, but especially for those who haven't voted yet, the responsibility falls upon you towards bringing a change for the better. I put my trust in people like all of you, and I hope my trust doesn't go unfulfilled, for we truly are headed towards darker times now.

Reactions: Mykaelochi, Link-182, 3823 and 1 other person
Wat you saying about Trump

If people don't mind excessive swearing, I highly recommend watching Grade A Under A's analysis of Trump, Clinton, and him just talking about the election in general. It's a definite shame that Trump won, but you are completely right, he's no reason to go and do something like kill yourself.

Quite an A+ summary. :thumbsup:

I remember reading this book once where a character debates that people shouldn't vote to get the best party in because all politicians are self-serving loons; they should vote to keep the worst party out. I realized how true this was here since apparently almost half of the US population didn't even vote. If more people had voted Hillary, who is no saint herself, maybe America wouldn't have an articulate orangutan leading it. There's no use protesting it now.

Reactions: Mykaelochi, Ashkil and Hayleia
  • Violence, racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance are never productive or alright. These are practices that should not happen in our world. Everybody is equal regardless of gender, sexual preferences, race or any other distinguishing metric and this must always be remembered. African Americans, Muslims, women, gays and all others are equal. Any disruptions would just hurt everyone.
People should focus on being good themselves, and not always demand that the leader is. Perhaps having Trump in there will cause more people to get their priorities in line, knowing they cannot depend on the leader to baby them all the time. Note, now liberals are under attack so they cannot take things for granted. This is a purifying process.

If people don't mind excessive swearing, I highly recommend watching Grade A Under A's analysis of Trump, Clinton, and him just talking about the election in general. It's a definite shame that Trump won, but you are completely right, he's no reason to go and do something like kill yourself.

No GradeAUnderA makes the most stupid, unresearched and unintellectual videos on the internet. He completely slandered keemstar and he always jumps on drama bandwagons.

Quite an A+ summary. :thumbsup:

I remember reading this book once where a character debates that people shouldn't vote to get the best party in because all politicians are self-serving loons; they should vote to keep the worst party out. I realized how true this was here since apparently almost half of the US population didn't even vote. If more people had voted Hillary, who is no saint herself, maybe America wouldn't have an articulate orangutan leading it. There's no use protesting it now.

Shoulda voted green party

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't there a thing in the media about students crying cause Trump won - and needing counseling and coloring books? Note, the right-wing ate that stuff up - claiming the opposition is soft.

The reaction from the left was indeed hilarious...

I think the point of my post is being lost here.

@NES focussing on and improving yourself before others is important yes, but a leader is, by definition someone who leads. A President is supposed to be the person who sets standards for what is right and what is not, be it how they treat other races, genders or whatever.

But more to the point of this post, which is to detract all the personal derogation and ad hominem behaviour from politics and general conduct, and to act smart. Dissing either side for their actions/reactions is fine if within reason/for the right reason. Criticising the GOP's actions as a political party is fair, criticising the Left for their reactions and demeaning them on their use of "colouring books" perhaps takes it too far (I know you may not have intended to be rude in the post yourself, but the fact that it appears that way is cause enough for concern)

Back