what are good characters to start with in super smash bros 3ds

• Thread starter Cna2002
  • Start date

Which character are you most exited about

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would recommend Mario, but in low level play (would make a joke about For Glory), too many new players just grab, down throw, to up tilt. And a beginner character should demonstrate that things can't always be solved by a predictable move, and honestly, it bugs me a lot on FG. xD Characters I would recommend are Kirby, Shulk, and Fox, Kirby being my most recommended. But in the end, it all boils down to who you really feel more comfortable with.
Those "fighters"... I don't respect a disrespectful player. Spammers, Glorys, Repeat taunters, Quitters, and generally rude players always get on my nerve.
My immediate advice for new players is never start on For Glory. There are just too many rude players out there.

im starting super smash bros and need a good character to use but there are too many characters to chose from
try mario or kirby they are fun and easy to use and learn.

Super smash bros is a games where i think Nintendo joined all its stars like: luigi,mario,peach,pikachu... .Those stars have their own games like : Super mario bros 2(mario ,peach,broswer,luigi),Pokemon (pikachu,Greninja..) ... etc .As i ealier said they have their own game.My best game was Pokemon!! and i started playing with pikachu . OR me i also started playing the demo of super smash bros and i was playing with pikachu and later when i got the complete version i still continued playing with pikachu :)

Oh

I would experiment with the characters until you find someone whose play style you like. A lot of the suggestions here are great, but it really comes down to what you enjoy playing. I always found selecting random characters to be fun because then it exposes you to different characters so you can find one whose play style you like and can keep playing them until you've really learned how to play them.

A good character to start with in Super Smash Bros is Villager. It is good because if you fall you can use up special to create a supply of balloons on your back and hold side special to rocket back. Use down special twice and when the opponent comes near the tree use down special again to chop the tree down to send them flying.

Mario, since he's a good balance between melee and long range, has decent strength, and has a nice final smash. And if you like Mario, then Luigi should also be very easy to play as.
Link and Ike are favourites of mine, the former because he's my main and the latter because his sword strikes can utterly destroy the opposition.
Little Mac is a good choice, but his recovery isnt great.

Reactions: MindzEye
Umm well, this is a difficult question since there is no 1 right answer since of everyone's playstyles. I think that link and rob are great since there all around great if you get enough practice and they have decent damage output and can recover well and they have a balance of ranged and melee attacks. I also feel like I said "and" too many times in this. The true way to find out is to just play around with characters and find out which one "feels" right

Hmm... As a player of Mario and Luigi, I'm not sure I quite agree with the generalzation that playing as Mario would translate to playing as Luigi just as easy.
For one thing, Luigi's handling is a bit stranger. Going one direction is a little tricky as he has a hard time stopping.
Some of his moves are strange too. Like two of his special moves - one's his uppercut, which travels straight up and recovers slowly; another's his tornado move which is about as hard to handle as his run.

I guess he's a little lighter than Mario too, but it's hard to tell really. I wouldn't start with Luigi, but I'd go to him early.

Hmm... As a player of Mario and Luigi, I'm not sure I quite agree with the generalzation that playing as Mario would translate to playing as Luigi just as easy.
For one thing, Luigi's handling is a bit stranger. Going one direction is a little tricky as he has a hard time stopping.
Some of his moves are strange too. Like two of his special moves - one's his uppercut, which travels straight up and recovers slowly; another's his tornado move which is about as hard to handle as his run.

I guess he's a little lighter than Mario too, but it's hard to tell really. I wouldn't start with Luigi, but I'd go to him early.
I agree, luigi has alot more intricacy to him and is a very different character. It's hard to get good as him.

Mario however, is known for arguably being the easiest character to use in the game.

Kirby.
Perfectly designed for someone who's never even picked up a controller a day in their life. That's what Masahiro Sakurai aimed for, anyway. His moves always correspond with which direction you input, so he's not really confusing to start with. Plus, five air jumps is good for avoiding stuff. >w< (rivaled only with Jigglypuff, who has six.)

Reactions: MindzEye
Kirby's ability to copy other characters specials is awesome. Plus it looks adorable.

I would say someone with a sword like marth or roy is really good to start off playing the game with. It's not that hard to get the basics of how to play with them and its pretty fun also. The harder ones tend to be characters like mr.game and watch which you have to have a different playstyle to be good at while swords don't require much experience

I think Donkey Kong is a good character to start with. It is strong and agile. It is also my favourite character. There is also another good character for starters, I think Bowser is a good one, it is not difficult to use and the special moves are really cool!. I suggest not to start with Little mac nor fox because they are kind of difficult to handle at first.

I think it really depends on what type of fighter you are.

I prefer Fox for speedy matches and Ness for people who will cheap-shot me, as they are my mains and are pretty good with experienced hands.

try kirby. if you have the new 3ds xl it will be better because his down aerial is very good, plus you can use the hammer better on the 3ds.

Well, as a Wario main, I would recommend Wario... But in all seriousness, if you're just now starting to play Smash 4, maybe try Mario, Link, or Kirby. They're relatively easy to start with and have plenty of useful moves that only require a little skill to use. If you don't like these characters, just do what I did and play Wario!

I take it back, you should start with Mario or Link due to their balanced playstyle.

I started off playing alot of Mario and Kirby. They are both powerful in their own ways, but i changed mario to yoshi.

I started off with Pikachu and he was fairly easy to use. Heck, I even still use him now XD The only thing I have found difficult with him is trying t master the move you should do when getting back onto a platform. Once you get that down though you'd be just fine. It really just depends on what you're looking for and your style of fighting. I would do some research on the characters that you are most interested in and go from there.
But of course, if you're looking for someone different, I'd go with Shulk. I just think the guy is awesome.

Back