Was Animal Crossing: New Leaf Worth Your Money?

• Thread starter Corey
  • Start date
If I buy this game, what will happen with my real life?

If I buy this game, what will happen with my real life?

You will spend your life playing that game until you get bored.

Reactions: 3dsatackman, Reece and Kaynil
i realy like the game i think it has a ton of content for 35$. but it does make you feel like you need to play every day. eg if you dont your turnips will be a loss of money and your villagers may move your flowers die and weeds grow. unles you have beautiful town ordinace you will have to play every day to keep your town nice.

i realy like the game i think it has a ton of content for 35$. but it does make you feel like you need to play every day. eg if you dont your turnips will be a loss of money and your villagers may move your flowers die and weeds grow. unles you have beautiful town ordinace you will have to play every day to keep your town nice.
I agree, I really wanted a game with A LOT of content, something that can last me a rather long time, and be worth my money, and this game fits into that category, for $35 I don't see where you can go wrong, I understand that the game gets a bit boring in the future, since your kinda in a loop but with the WiFi play, I just seem to love it, I really like how you can go to a friends town and use their resources like hair salon etc. I must say, so far, it's a pretty good game.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
HECK YES! This was worth it for sure! :D

I agree, I really wanted a game with A LOT of content, something that can last me a rather long time, and be worth my money, and this game fits into that category, for $35 I don't see where you can go wrong, I understand that the game gets a bit boring in the future, since your kinda in a loop but with the WiFi play, I just seem to love it, I really like how you can go to a friends town and use their resources like hair salon etc. I must say, so far, it's a pretty good game.

yes i think that it is good. it could use some more wifi things and new island mini games, but i think that it was worth it also now that it is only 30$ more people might get it.

I think so yes

It's amazing worth the money it's cheaper then most games at the time.
(Most of the Nintendo 3ds games are 50$ while ACNL is 35$)
I love the game there's lots of stuff to do.
It's a calm game and I love to play with friends.

It's amazing worth the money it's cheaper then most games at the time.
(Most of the Nintendo 3ds games are 50$ while ACNL is 35$)
I love the game there's lots of stuff to do.
It's a calm game and I love to play with friends.

ACNL is 20 bucks now

And to be fair, I'm not liking it that much. TOO SLOW for my taste

Well, was it? When you bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf at either a retailer or the Nintendo eShop, and started playing it, was it money well spent?

For me, I think I made a good purchase. The game is great, and I have played it for a myriad of hours. The only problem I have had with the game is when I wanted to play with my friend. Every time I would try to go to his town, I would get an error message, and every time he would try to come to my town, he would get an error message. We spent a week trying to connect with each other, but luckily, we found a solution online.
For the amount of time I put into this game and the fun and immersive time I spent playing yes. It was.

There's a TON of content, so I always know I can delve deeper if I like which I feel like makes this game worth it.

Very much so. There is a plethora of things to do content-wise and you run your Town. You can literally customize your town to your liking in terms of Public work Projects, landscaping and ordinances (That's already a lot to do right there, and that didn't even touch the limit's surface). 40 bucks was justifiable, but 20 bucks is a plain bargain.

It was worth my money, until after 350 hours the FRICKING PIECE OF SITH CORRUPTED. So I restarted and had my second town for a little over 2 years and it was a wonderful little place that I put a lot of time and effort into cultivating. In fact, it was much MUCH better than my first town that had corrupted after just a year. But nothing lasts forever (take my first town as example) and my ACNL data corrupted a few weeks back for the second time. My town corruptions on this game have completely ruined my mental state of mind, so much so that I may do some highly irrational things to others and myself so... blame Nintendo if I do (JK I'm not going to do anything, I'm just gonna cry and stay in my bed for a while).

Also, this is a warning to others that this could happen to you as well. These random corruptions can occur within both the physical and digital releases ( I own both types and they both corrupted) and will typically happen after you play the game past a certain amount of hours. BTW you can't create a save data backup so if your data corrupts, you're fricked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Acnl was definitely worth my money. Even though I don't play it as often anymore, I went through a phase where I'd play it almost all day for about four months. There's so many things to unlock that I still haven't unlocked all of it yet.

I guess you can say the game is a bit pricey, but it's worth every penny of it. It's a really great game that I personally really enjoyed playing. It sort of seems boring at first, but as you go more into the game, it just gets more and more Interestiong.

It's a really great game. It can play multiplayer, so that's a bonus!

Yeah, it was worth it even though it got boring when you've played it for a long time and there is nothing new to do. It was a good thing that time travelling was possible to speed up the pace of the game.

100%. My favourite 3DS game, and one of my favourite video games of all time. I've logged in countless hours into the game. I've played since Christmas 2013 and I play to this very day. There's so much to do and the multiplayer is fantastic. I never get bored. It is such an amazing game and one game I'm always up to playing.

Yea, I love that game. One of my favorites. Since I've gotten that game I've recorded over 300 hours of play. Though there was once a time where that game was in my "dark ages" and I stopped playing it for a while. Basically what happened, was that my younger brother played it once, and deleted my file. :( So then, about a year later, I found it in my drawer, and I was reminded of how much fun I had with it, and I picked it up and played it again. Today, it still remains as one of my favorite games.

New Leaf was definitely worth the money.

I think Animal crossing new leaf was well worth my money I got it when it was on sale for $10. When I played it thought it was bad but as I kept playing I had some of the best moments of my life from that game. It felt to me like I was actually in the game and I loved it well worth the money!

The money is 100% worth it as long as you are interested in that sort of genre (Life Sim, etc.) and if you think you'll like the game. So basically, the majority of people who are interested in the game will like the game.

Back