Super Mario 64 Clear with only 16 Stars

• Thread starter Kitsune_Sakura64
  • Start date
Kitsune_Sakura64

Kitsune_Sakura64

Shadow Queen
Towns Folk
Has anyone managed to do this? I have a cousin who showed me once. It involves a glitch with a bunny and lots of backwards jumping (which, by the way, needs to be done at a slight angle if you ever hope to do it properly. Found that out the hard way. >w>).

The basement bunny needs to be brought through a certain basement door (which is tough to do, because the game was not designed to allow you to do this. It can be done without hacking if you have enough persistence).

If you've cleared the game with a lower number of stars, do tell how. ^w^

The minimum you need, according to the game itself, is 70 stars. This unlocks the final star door, and causes the endless stairs to just become a normal staircase (which is a shame, considering how cool the music for the endless stairs is. >w<).

I've seen lots of videos where people use hacks to complete the game with no stars, and maybe there was one legit way to beat the game with no stars, if I'm remembering right, but I usually stick to over-completion, as I painstakingly collected all 150 stars in SM64 Ds... :dead:

I've seen lots of videos where people use hacks to complete the game with no stars, and maybe there was one legit way to beat the game with no stars, if I'm remembering right, but I usually stick to over-completion, as I painstakingly collected all 150 stars in SM64 Ds... :dead:

I did the very same thing!! :D
...It took forever before I finally decided to look to the other side of the invisible cap ramp and see "oh hey, there's a star there. ...>w<"

Now the game cartridge is lost... for like, the seventh time in a row. x.x
The game doesn't like me, I guess? It's a shame; 'twas my very first DS game, too...

It is actually possible to beat mario 64 with 0 stars, without TAS/Hacking (Just lots of perfect frames and stuff). I came across it when i was watching some Mario 64 Videos. I don't know if you knew this yet, but just in case, I decided I'd let you know. Also, you dont need 70 stars to go up the staircase, you can just do the backwards jumping, and you should glitch up the stairs!

Back