Has Pokemon Company Given up on the National Dex?

• Thread starter Bagel
  • Start date

Do you think they are giving up on the National Dex?

• Yes,

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No, They are just spicing it up

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Bagel

Bagel

we do a little trolling
Towns Folk
When playing through pokemon games, there are lots of pokemon to collect in-game, and most are required to complete the national dex, and as of pokemon BW2, gives the player a shiny charm afterwards. With 802 pokemon in the National Dex as of sun and moon, its seems kind of hard, especially with a lot of newcomers, who would need to buy lots of pokemon games to complete it. easy solution, forget about the national dex, altogether, and that's what nintendo might've done. Some of our first evidence is shown when you transfer a pokemon not in the dex into the game. There is no National Dex. Its not in the pokedex and a pokemon's national dex number isn't shown when transferred to gen 7 ingame. The other piece of evidence is how to get the shiny charm, which is just completing the alola dex.
Although, it is entirely possible they are just spicing things up for a game or two, and will return to the original format. And by the time that alola is over ,the new fans that will stay with the franchise will probably have bought some of the other games allowing technically all pokemon to be obtained with two systems. What is your opinion on this? Do you like the Natonal Dex? Do you want the National Dex Back?
Tell me below!

Reactions: Alex.Dips
Personally, I like the idea of the National PokeDex.

Each generation has specific Pokémon that corresponds to their region. Moreover, the National PokeDex makes it feel more enticing to catch, trade and evolve Pokémon until you get some favorites. The addition of the Shiny and Oval charms add an additional incentive for completing the National PokeDex. While I myself have completed Pokémon Sun and Moon's Alola PokeDex and obtained both Charms, I personally felt that there was a little more leniency towards Pokémon collecting. I liked the National Dex completion back in Oras and XY because the amount of Pokedex entries back then were considered valuable to me rather than actually having the Pokémon.

But, with all the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon hype, I would LOVE to see the in-game National Dex return, as I don't use the Bank Dex too often and its not really that enticing. Collecting Pokémon was always my goal as a kid growing up with Pokémon. and now with the new games, I truly hope it makes a stunning return in the most anticipated sequel to Pokémon.

Reactions: Alex.Dips and Bagel
Well they certainly did now lmao

Deny it all I want, I am entirely in belief that they are trying to shake the formula up to make it interesting again, but this is definitely not the way to go. I project that after these games are released, the next titles will fail immensely if they do not include the National dex again. And that is only because the bad publicity on Pokemon right now is still publicity nonetheless, and so it'll still make good money. Once that wears off though, all bets are off.

But what if Galar is on another planet huh? :eyes2: There has been no confirmation that, besides Kanto and Johto, all the regions exist on the same planet other than the title of "National dex" and the Poke Earth photo on Serebii in ORAS. That could be the best excuse they have for not including it. Also what's to say all Pokémon existed at the same time? Some Pokémon could've easily been extinct like Jigglypuff in Hoenn. Maybe Mewtwo is from the future and Arceus was discovered before Mew was even seen. There could also mean some Pokémon have not yet been discovered which is the case with Red/Blue. Please just give a reason like this Game Freak and I would be happy with it. \o/

Back