What are secrets you've discovered in The Legend of Zelda?

• Thread starter Graburdestiny
  • Start date
Graburdestiny

Graburdestiny

KT the Pineapple
Towns Folk
Hai, I'd love to know what you have discovered while playing The Legend of Zelda! Whether it be secrets, cheats, glitches, something that surprised you, or even funny moments you've had while playing it :))
Also, if you'd like you can leave the name of your favorite character from ANY of The Legend of Zelda games! Mine is Midna c:

I look forward to the responses :D -KT

Well I remember playing The Ocarina of Time on my Nintendo 64 and I was trying to get to the city before it got dark and at first I couldent figure out how I did it but I managed to be standing on top of the Drawbridge when it was up and there was invisible rupees up there at the top and I was like what the heck?????? It scared me cause I thought I had broken itbut then I hopped down and it was perfectly fine and I was just like wat????

Reactions: Graburdestiny
When I was bored playing OoT 3D, I liked messing the perspective of places using the Farore's Wind Anywhere glitch, it was fun.

Also I managed to get to a good point in the Shadow Temple as child Link :D I used the bomb jump glitch thing and successfully passed the first gap :D It took me a ton of tries but I finally crossed. Some of the other parts where tricky but too bad I never managed to get to the boss room because I got stuck at a certain room where I couldn't reach to door ;_;
--------
There was a glitch that I discovered in ALTTP which was the Booerang glitch :p

For me most of these happen in Twilight Princess.

The secret I found was a buried orange rupee as Wolf Link when I was in Kakariko Village. And the funniest glitch that happen to me were these.

The first I think most everyone knows is when you hit the cuccos you get to play as it, the other is I was playing as Wolf Link and I was running around goofing off howling to all the songs that call Epona, the Hawk, etc. I decided to change back to Link but the game freaked out making Link transform to normal but he was on all fours and a shadowy figure, I could use my sword and all but moving around I looked more like a Twilight demon spawn than a hero. The game still thought I was Wolf Link so it was funny to see the NPCS freak out and running.

My favorite character is BEN DROWNED Wolf Link, I loved playing as him. I love Love Midna she's too cute.

Well I remember playing The Ocarina of Time on my Nintendo 64 and I was trying to get to the city before it got dark and at first I couldent figure out how I did it but I managed to be standing on top of the Drawbridge when it was up and there was invisible rupees up there at the top and I was like what the heck?????? It scared me cause I thought I had broken itbut then I hopped down and it was perfectly fine and I was just like wat????
Omg I want to try that now haha

When I was bored playing OoT 3D, I liked messing the perspective of places using the Farore's Wind Anywhere glitch, it was fun.

Also I managed to get to a good point in the Shadow Temple as child Link :D I used the bomb jump glitch thing and successfully passed the first gap :D It took me a ton of tries but I finally crossed. Some of the other parts where tricky but too bad I never managed to get to the boss room because I got stuck at a certain room where I couldn't reach to door ;_;
--------
There was a glitch that I discovered in ALTTP which was the Booerang glitch :p
That's a really cool cheat, have you ever thought about doing YouTube videos about cheats or have you ever done that? :)

For me most of these happen in Twilight Princess.

The secret I found was a buried orange rupee as Wolf Link when I was in Kakariko Village. And the funniest glitch that happen to me were these.

The first I think most everyone knows is when you hit the cuccos you get to play as it, the other is I was playing as Wolf Link and I was running around goofing off howling to all the songs that call Epona, the Hawk, etc. I decided to change back to Link but the game freaked out making Link transform to normal but he was on all fours and a shadowy figure, I could use my sword and all but moving around I looked more like a Twilight demon spawn than a hero. The game still thought I was Wolf Link so it was funny to see the NPCS freak out and running.

My favorite character is BEN DROWNED Wolf Link, I loved playing as him. I love Love Midna she's too cute.
Woah, I wanna know what that looks like :eek: I wonder if it's happened to anyone else and if they screencaptured it haha

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a really cool cheat, have you ever thought about doing YouTube videos about cheats or have you ever done that? :)
I'm not so experienced in making videos; I don't think I've ever had any experience in that xD I think there are videos of it already, thus the reason why I know :p

Also, my friend showed me a weird cheat/glitch where if you go into a certain spot in the sand temple and then reset the game right before you drown in quick sand, you'll return to the title screen except instead you can play in the title screen with Epona. It was crazy!

Reactions: Jeff The Killer
I know, I wish I had my phone back then because I totally would've recorded it and posted it on YouTube. I hope someone else can get it to happen to them.

There's a few cool ones in Ocarina of Time but I can't claim credit for them. If, as child link, you go to the pile of bricks in the soon-to-be shooting gallery and angle your cam just right in first person, you can see the Shooing Gallery door beneath the brick textures. My favorite on though is the Infinite Sword Glitch. If you equip a Deku Shield, go to a triangle sign (because they can't be broken) and without z-targeting stab and immediately read the sign, your hitbox is constantly dealing damage.

I don't know if this is a glitch, but in Majora's Mask, when you jump off from a certain point in East Clock Town, it may be shown that Link may die when he technically made his way by jumping from that point and seemingly arriving in South Clock Town.

I think I suffered a glitch in Ocarina of Time as well, but I don't remember.

In Majora's Mask, you can access Termina Field as Deku Link by going up to the guard in East Clock Town, and while z-targeting, walk backwards.

In Legend of Zelda: OoT I found a hole in that place ahead of the Lost Woods and I fought some wolves and got a ton of Rupees. But that's not a spectacular thing to find compared to the things you found as it wasn't really a glitch but it was a discovery for me..

if you shoot mario in the window after you get 1st stonev! you get 20 _rupees

Malon and Talon's pendant's is actually bowser's face. And Talon and ingo looks like Mario and Luigi. And i found a lot more like Grandma's soup glitch in WindWaker

I liked the screen warp glitch in link's awakening regular gameboy version.I had a lot of fun with it.especially getting the second power bracelet powerup

This was very long ago, but does anyone remeber that pitch black cave in the lake? You have to walk along the side of it for like 3 minutes, then you get to this cliff like thing, and if you blow up a hole in the cliff wall, you will find this really long tunnel. Basically make sure you lantern is full of oil and you have at least 1 or 2 bottles of oil (just steal it from that bird in the forest shop). You have to fight a ton of enemies, and you will have to switch between lantern on and off, but there are multiple paths and you will have a ton of rupees and a heart piece is at the very end. I think there is two tunnels in the game.

I've discovered quite a few secrets in Wind Waker and Breath of the Wild, especially concerning armor upgrades and Zora lore in Breath and Rito lore in Wind Waker. A lot of the lore is actually really good, and makes you guess and think about how it fits into the timeline (which I've never really found as confusing as everyone says it is...)

Back