No more Fire Emblem games for 3DS

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
The Nintendo 3DS has seen many Fire Emblem games. Fire Emblem Awakening, Fire Emblem Fates (all three games), Fire Emblem Echoes and the upcoming Fire Emblem Warriors game (which isn't out yet).

This line of entries is going to put to a stop for 3DS, unfortunately.
Fire Emblem producer Hitoshi Yamagami says in the latest issue of Dengeki Nintendo (June 2017) that Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia will probably be the last mainline 3DS entry. The Gaiden remake followed Awakening and if (Fates) as the third Fire Emblem game on 3DS. Fire Emblem Musou (Warriors) is coming in Fall still with the next mainline entry scheduled for Nintendo Switch in 2018.
Source: http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/160328266879

We're still likely to see Fire Emblem Warriors on the 3DS :D I'm not sure if it will be available for the O3DS due to performance problems, but I'm not sure it has been confirmed to only work on N3DS systems.

I'm not too unhappy about this. The 3DS has its fair share of Fire Emblem games. I'm looking forward to more on the Nintendo Switch and the big screen ^^

Reactions: Jisenku and manugutir
I really love the Fire Emblem games for the 3DS, so seeing there'll not be more of them for the 3DS is a bit sad. Nonetheless, I'm really curious and excited to see what they've planned for the Switch!

At this point I will try to get a switch just for warriors xD

At this point I will try to get a switch just for warriors xD
If you have a N3DS, you can still play Warriors unless Nintendo changes their mind about releasing it for the 3DS.

Eh I will need to get a switch soon anyways

While I loved the Fire Emblem games on the 3DS, it has received more than enough of them, and I am glad to see that the Switch will soon be receiving both a new mainline series game as well as a new spinoff title (Fire Emblem Warriors), even if the Warriors games aren't usually known for being outstandingly good.

I'm actually glad they're finally letting go of the 3DS x3

Awakening, Fates and Echoes, plus Warriors as a N3DS exclusive, that's three mainline games and a spin off, more than any previous console in terms of FE.

They should start putting resources on the Switch instead x3

Im not planning to get a switch for a while so i might go ahead and invest in some virtual console for my wii u

I don't mind we're not getting Fire Emblem games for the 3DS anymore. The strategy element in those games is unique but for some reason I'm just the type of gamer that would appreciate them. The part I'm most interested in is the online multiplayer in Fire Emblem Fates so I would probably start with that one if I wanted to get into the series.

Well, I needed a reason to save up for the switch. Here's the reason. I think I'll start before they start restocking the switch.

I'm alright with this. I mean, it couldn't keep going on forever, yes? That makes the fourth entry thus far, which I'd say is pretty impressive (then again, I have nothing to compare to, so what do I know >w<).

I have yet to get Shadows of Valentia... I'm looking forward, yes~? Anyhow, I love what they did with Birthright and Revelation (didn't get Conquest, so sue me). Visuals were amazing, comical side-conversations, stellar music...

Overall, Fire Emblem has hide an amazing career over the life of the 3ds~

Reactions: Blue Knight
Really, no more 3DS Fire Emblem Games? Shame, I was hoping there’s at least be one or two more.

Oh well, I can’t complain. There have been quite a few already, and I’ve only played the slightest bit of Awakening. So, I’ve still gots long way to go. :p

Back