Apparently A SNES Classic Edition is Coming!

• Thread starter King Of 3D
  • Start date
From what I read it more or less suggested an SNES Classic edition so I don't really have high hopes for this. Why buy one unless you could save a bundle on the games like the NES? And also what games would be on it? I imagine they would all sell out if Earthbound was on there alone. But the problem is people probably already bought SNES games on their New 3DS or Wii U if they wanted those games in their library granted they didn't own an SNES or GBA port.

While a SNES Classic would be awesome I don't think it is happening due to Nintendo not wanting the Nes classic to be a big success and the Switch's first holiday season is coming this year and I don't think Nintendo would want the two competing

This NEEDS:
Super Mario World
Link to the Past
Megaman X
Megaman 7
(various final fantasy games, but not too familiar with the series)
Mortal Kombat
Super Streetfighter
Yoshi's island
Super Mario Kart
Legend of the Seven Stars (mario rpg)
Super Metroid
Super castlevania
Super Ghosts and Ghouls
Contra 3
Star Fox
F-Zero
Donkey Kong country

If this get's released, Nintendo had better stock this up.
NES games werent all that great, But SNES games were fun, intuitive and graphically amazing.

I may be a Little pessimist about this but I actually don´t see the point of having a Ness classic or even a sness classic (if nintendo is actually launching one). I mean, I can play any nintendo Ness or sness game on my computer today, so why people are so concerned about getting one when it does not even count with all the games realesed on the console.

Reactions: Ethendor
This looks promising! Nice little pick up and play console, packed with some popular titles which I'd love to play, especially DK Country and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars! I'll most likely enjoy the Super Mario world games as well. Secret of Mana seems like a decent worth trying out. Perhaps I can get into Earthbound as well, I have always been curious about where Ness and Lucas originated from. xD

I really wish I could get my hands on an SNES classic. Sadly, considering how the NES classic stock turned out, I'm nervous I won't be able to get one as stock will be taken by scalpers. I'm willing to pay $80 for this, as I haven't bought most of these games for virtual console. Plus, with Starfox 2, a game I've never played, and Earthbound, a game I personally can't play too many times, this system has enough to warrent my interest. However, I won't pay some scalper $200+ for it. Anything more then MSRP isn't worth it for me.

I have a SNES classic, NES classic, SEGA Megadrive, N64, Gamecube, and many more systems, it's called having Emulators on your PC/Handheld console/Smartphone/Tablet/Console/Whatever, etc.

That sounds so cool!

Back