Breath of the Wild Breath of the Wild Sequel? What to expect?

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
VirtulJordan

VirtulJordan

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
In a recent interview, the Zelda series director Eiji Aonuma, stated that plans for the next Zelda game were already underway. Whats even more interesting is the fact that the director wants the next Zelda game to be a direct sequel to Breath of the Wild. Considering that Ganon has finally been defeated once and for all in the timeline of Breath of the Wild, what could we expect from the Sequel?

Well looking back at Zelda's history there are a few ways this could go. 1 way is how Zelda 2 was made. While I expect the next game to play like BOTW, just with some slight gameplay changes and additions, I don't expect it to be a huge change in gameplay like Zelda 2 was to Zelda 1. But what could happen is the next adventure of Link is set out to stop some sort of group from resurrecting the finally defeated Ganon.

Or instead of having the plot involve Ganon once more, what if the next game took a Majoras Mask approach? having Link face an entirely new threat in a Kingdom beyond Hyrule. This would be a fun idea to mess around with. In fact having a Breath of the Wild map of Termina would be amazing. But chances of it taking place in Termina is 1 in a million, rather if it was being done at all, it would either be done with an entirely new land, or Link will be able to traverse between some new world and Hyrule, similar to games like a Link between Worlds.

There are a lot of ways this new sequel could work following the story of Breath of the Wild. In fact we have yet to see the second DLC pack, which is going to offer a brand new story that takes place just after Ganon is defeated. So could Breath of the Wild 2's story follow what will happen at the end of the second DLC pack? Only time will tell, but it's very interesting to think about. So what are all of your thoughts? What are you looking forward to in the next Zelda game? What would you like to see in the story, or any gameplay elements you would want added in or removed in the next one?

Reactions: Mizunil and Chronal
I think it will be along the lines of a Majora's Mask style sequel, with everything from reusing the engine and most visual assests to being in a new world. I'd even love the next game to take on a darker feel than BoTW, though I'm less sure about that prediction.

After BoTW, I think a smaller world could be nice.Not necessarily Termina style small, but something where instead of a feel where you're taking on the world, the world could be taking over you, if that makes sense.

Reactions: VirtulJordan
I think it will be along the lines of a Majora's Mask style sequel, with everything from reusing the engine and most visual assests to being in a new world. I'd even love the next game to take on a darker feel than BoTW, though I'm less sure about that prediction.

After BOTW, I think a smaller world could be nice.Not necessarily Termina style small, but something where instead of a feel where you're taking on the world, the world could be taking over you, if that makes sense.
The thing is I really liked how big Breath of the Wild was. I found that exploring the world itself was one of the best parts of the game. Discovering new secrets, exploring uncharted territory it was great. I want another world like BOTW, but perhaps more to it. The 1 issue a lot of people has with the game was the sidequests, and I kind of get why. I would love if BOTW had sidequests like Majoras Mask. Each one having its own unique story that unfolds as you progress. Giving us more story depth in the characters we see walking around every day that looked like they had nothing going on in their life. Thats the kind of change I want.

Yea hopefully the sequel will be great.Breath of the Wild had so many new features that there are still some being discovered but that's only because that the game is so big. If a sequel does come out hopefully it uses the same Engine since the graphics in Breath of the Wild were outstanding

Reactions: VirtulJordan
Back