Miiverse might be coming to an end

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

How do you feel about the closing of Miiverse?

• It's not fair, Miiverse was too young to die!

• I'll miss it, but I totally understand why it's ending.

• Meh, it doesn't really affect me.

• I never used Miiverse. What's a Miiverse?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
The Wii U has a new system update (5.5.2) that promises more stability, but dataminers have also uncovered something interesting. Deep within the system update contains the following text :
The Miiverse service has ended. Miiverse and any software features that make use of Miiverse are now unavailable.
Are you ready to let Miiverse go yet or do you not care about the service?

I don't think it's going to end anytime this year but I fear for its survival next year when Nintendo launches the Switch's online paid service.

I never liked Miiverse. It's good that it's ending.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
I never use it so I'll be fine.

If it doesn't affect 3DS I'll be fine

No! I have friends I only know from that! Nice people I've met through that!
It's there I got many passwords, for Pokémon Shuffle and TKCD! It's there I met artists and shared my drawings!
Nooo!

Reactions: Kadaj and Eric Cartman
I kinda hated it. It was fine at the start, but then trolls and griefers took it over mainly. I only used it to see what art was up on there since some of that was just awesome.

In my opinion, it was too strict with it's rules, especially the rule about no sharing friend codes (I never quite understood that rule). It wasn't really going to be a mainstream thing, and I expected it to be ending sooner then this honestly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fantivity, Kitsune_Sakura64 and Alegria
I agree with the bullies/trolls and rules. But many of my friends couldn't chat anyway else. Theirs parents didn't want them to have a social network and ignored the console ever had one, and I've made important and irreplacable friends. including some who weren't feeling good and needed to talk about not having IRL friends and being misunderstood by families. Talking about suicide there was forbidden too, which made them even more feeling bad, but we were using a!ternat1ve wr1t1ng to talk about it anyway. I suppose I helped them that way, and without Miiverse they would have felt alone... I really wish they do something new and available on 3DS.

Sure Miiverse had bad points, as much from the service itself as from some users, but without it I think some artists wouldn't have had compliments on their beginner art, some wouldn't have had pieces of advice on their games and would have given up due to difficulty and stuff like that.

I never actually used the service, personally. There are other ways in keep in contact with friends that you play with regularly. I guess some of the shared drawings were pretty cool, especially the Splatoon-themed ones. I heard Miiverse was quite strict and banned users for minor reasons. Maybe it'll be replaced with another similar service in the near future, who knows.

Reactions: Fantivity, 28142 and 18
I won't miss it all that much. The only game that I remember having features for it was Splatoon, and that was easily replaced.

Keeping Nintendo chat locked on an inside source is bad for publicity too. Having connectivity with Facebook and Twitter means the posts you make with screenshots and whatnot are going to be seen by other people, maybe Nintendo fans, maybe not. This gives a bit more publicity to some games, if people do indeed choose to share these posts.

I never was a fan of posting on miiverse because of the censorship of Miiverse administrators though I saw people on miiverse create outstanding art and I would kinda miss seeing the lost gold rarity of the community. Also when miiverse discontinues I'm worried if this affects the message feature between friends on Wii U since I tend to be very fond of the online feature of the Wii U.

Reactions: Alegria
I have a feeling (not that I ever really adored Miiverse) that Nintendo is going to make some new service on the switch as a gimick to get people to buy it, because think about it... a lot of games on the Wii U/3DS relied so heavily on Miiverse, it's almost like they are discontinuing those games. Not that it's a bad thing...

I have a feeling (not that I ever really adored Miiverse) that Nintendo is going to make some new service on the switch as a gimick to get people to buy it, because think about it... a lot of games on the Wii U/3DS relied so heavily on Miiverse, it's almost like they are discontinuing those games. Not that it's a bad thing...

What games relied on Miiverse so much that it's like they're discontinuing it? From what I know, no game relied on Miiverse to that extent.

Reactions: Chronal
well thanks to Miiverse you could have some contests (like drawing a Pokémon that would be used in official work+rewards), sharing to others your fight videos in SSB, you could also by only a few button press and no any other device ask for a trade or a fight, you could generally show off, and many kids are not allowed to have anything using internet except the console (due to parents's lack of knowledge) so the kids could use that social network easily.

It wasn't 100% of the time a good thing, tough, I've seen kids calling names, hidden behind their screens, and stating they had an awesome life (even a guy saying he knew the admins and could make a new N3ds game done and there would be a Miiverse update for his birthday with ridiculously unbelievable functions, which never happened).
Sure there were this kind of stupid kids (where aren't there?) but there were kind, skilled kids too.

Can't say I care, lol. Better on Nintendo to stop putting resources in stuff like that.

I like miiverse, I quite often post random play journals and thoughts on games there. I do think it sad that they don't allow friend code exchanges, as that seems an ideal place to find friends :( I hope they don't end it for a while, but if it isn't there, and an update replaces the icon, then it would be like it never existed... Using facebook seems odd, though if there was a way to link directly to a group rather than through my main page, that might be better. In another thought however, anyone who knows me, knows I am massively into games, and so me posting endless screenshots of Link in various locations would almost be expected...

I'm so glad Miiverse is going to end the first two weeks I was in Miiverse o got banned 5 times the first week then in the second week I got banned permanently :( just because I was sharing friendcodes Nintenpedia is way better than Miiverse and I'm actually glad I found this place filled with all you nice people :).

I'm so glad Miiverse is going to end the first two weeks I was in Miiverse o got banned 5 times the first week then in the second week I got banned permanently :( just because I was sharing friendcodes Nintenpedia is way better than Miiverse and I'm actually glad I found this place filled with all you nice people :).
Not to state the obvious here, but everytime you post anything it does say sharing friend codes is prohibited :) I often trade friend codes on facebook groups, got some good stuff there. I can't believe I only discovered this forum a few days ago... Seems great so far :)

I never use it so I'll be fine.
I'm the same way. I never really used it.

Yea Miiverse wants people to post game posts so other people can see ,but then they don't want anyone to share friendcodes which is ironic and once you post numbers or friendcodes the admins are just watching you and they ban you for it. One time I met a real nice person on Miiverse and we were friends and me and her used to talk after school when we got home ,but then one time I got banned for sharing my friend code with someone who wanted to trade pokemons with me and I didn't know that it was a violation so then I got banned and lost communication with my friend because I lost her profile so i wasn't able to follow her and like her comments anymore that's why I don't like Miiverse like I used to and Ninten Pedia is way better because there's no banning if you share friendcodes unless you do something bad hopefully you enjoy it here.

I hope not. I will feel a deep sadness if that happens )=
I hope it's only on Wii U...
Unless they are planning into turning it on something better and bigger!

Last edited:
Back