Capcom is not bringing Monster Hunter XX for Switch to the west

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I made a thread about Monster Hunter XX for the Nintendo Switch some time ago and I, including others, were extremely hyped for it, especially since it supports cross-play between the 3DS and Switch.

Unfortunately, Capcom has no plans on bringing the game to the west :/
GameStop said:
Update: Capcom has reached out to GameSpot to clarify that it has no plans to localize Monster Hunter XX for Switch "at this time." The original story has been updated to reflect that.
Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-capcom-not-bringing-switch-version-of-mons/1100-6450954/

This sucks.

I was not a fan of X so I don't really mind XX not being localized. Especially now that World has been announced.

Localizing Monster Hunter XX to the west for either the Nintendo Switch or the 3ds would bring in stacks of cash especially for the Switch.

Either they are making MH5 for the Switch built from the ground up or they are keeping quiet for whatever reason the development team may have.

Hope they were just pulling our legs and release an MH game on the switch.

I was really hyped and excited about this news, but when I Heard they were not going to bring it to the west I was like WHATT??? I mena, seriously, I think this is going against the nintendo switch policy of being región free, which is the best thing they come up with lately! But how could this be posible, they must push capcom to reléase the game on the west. This is something that leaves me wondering about the so called 'support' to the nintendo switch.

This news doesn't affect me. (Partly because of my current region, but mostly that I don't care about Monster Hunter.)

Yeah, I was really bummed hearing about this. I was looking forward for Generations with G-rank... and on the switch! *sigh*
I guess I'll just wait for MH World then...

Give it some time. Sales always convince otherwise

I think that it is extremely strange that Capcom would not bring an additional installment to one of its more famous modern series to the west, as it is a far larger (and thus more lucrative) market than the significantly smaller Eastern market. However, that was Capcom's decision to make, though I do not understand their reasoning.

Actually no, I find it strange that they brought X. They were used to releasing the "base" version in Japan, then the "G" version in Japan, and then the "U" version in the West. So "X" had nothing to do in the West. If XX is only a "G" version and not a "U" one, then it has nothing to do in the West either and it's only surprising that X came out here.

Pray and hope. It'd be a major loss for Capcom if they didn't release it.

Back