Meta knights secret

• Thread starter Shootajames
  • Start date
Shootajames

Shootajames

Monkey see, Monkey do
Towns Folk
Can we be 100% with each other and admit we all think Meta knight is a evil Kirby or a Kirby of some sort. Maybe somebody created him in a lab idk, but it's definitly a Kirby.....right?

I don't think him evil in the least :p He's definitely an antagonist, but nothing near evil.

It's funny that you mention the creation thing - there's a theory floating about in the anime universe of Kirby. Nightmare had one of his creations betray him - one equal to his power. While some theorize that this is actually Kirby, some speculate that it is Meta Knight.

As for game universe? I doubt it - if anything they simply belong to the same species, or he's a Batamon.
latest

These creepy-@ss f*ckers. Unapproachable and harmless but still eerie af. You can't ever interact with one except for one secret room, and when you swallow them they...nothing. They don't give you anything. A bit anti-climatic ^ ^"

That or Puffballs (the fan-term for Kirby's species is 'Puffball' but we're never given an official one, though Kirbies and Star Warriors are also common fan names) and Batamons are in fact one in the same.

Anyhow, I just don't see a reason why he'd have been created in any of the game universes. In anime-lore, it makes sense, but here? I think they're just of the same species, nothing special.

Besides, we already DO have a dark counterpart of Kirby in Shadow Kirby, and Meta Knight likewise with Dark Meta Knight. :p

As well as Kirby (According to Kirby: Right back at ya!) Are "Star Warriors." creatures created by Nightmare that defied his orders for world domination. In general, he isn't "Evil." with the exception of his role in superstar, most times he shows up, it's to either test Kirby, or he's controlled by a greater enemy, or is trying to prevent Kirby from un-earthing a greater threat.

@Hikaiet. Lol, ya beat me to mentioning Star Warriors. XD

As well as Kirby (According to Kirby: Right back at ya!) Are "Star Warriors." creatures created by Nightmare that defied his orders for world domination. In general, he isn't "Evil." with the exception of his role in superstar, most times he shows up, it's to either test Kirby, or he's controlled by a greater enemy, or is trying to prevent Kirby from un-earthing a greater threat.

@Hikaiet. Lol, ya beat me to mentioning Star Warriors. XD

I actually didn't know that this was said in the Dub - I watched the subbed versions back when the dub didn't even exist yet and Star Warriors are a group rather than a species, and it was rumoured that there was only one demon beast that rebelled. I'm surprised to learn of this - I knew a lot of differences were made in the dub (like the GSA not being a thing) but I didn't know of that. Very interesting! :Oc

He's also been an ally to Kirby in games like RtD, and even been the victim/'damsel in distress' before, as seen in Amazing Mirror. Really, Meta Knight's no more a villain than Dedede.

Back