Should the 3DS include a physical manual at all?

• Thread starter Eric Cartman
  • Start date

Should they even add physical manuals anymore?

• Yes

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman

BEWARE OF ADS
Towns Folk
It has been over 5 year since the first 3DS has came out and every single 3DS successer has had a manual come in the package with the system as well as AR cards and a charger to charge the system itself. When the New 3ds xl came to the U.S. Nintendo decided it would be a good idea to remove to charger since they assume that ds owners already have a million chargers by now and reproducing more would create waste. Since Nintendo has finally announced the last and final 3DS successer should they even bother adding a manual. Yes or no?

Why not have a physical manual? That's what you cherish and enjoy before even turning it on. Sure I never read any of the console manuals but they are still collectable to somebody. Not adding one is like not putting the Nintendo seal of approval on the label of a video game for a Nintendo system. It would just be pretty lazy. If it was digital I wouldn't mind but it should be a requirement that if a game is on the system it should come with a manual no matter how straightforward the game is. LoZ:OoT3D didn't have a digital manual but it made up for it with a physical one (even though it was lazy it didn't have a digital one).

I don't see the point of physical manuals when we have the internet. It's not like anybody reads them so it's a waste of paper and not much else. And the manuals rarely told you anything either, even if you did read them.

I think it would be really nice to include a manual, it's just something to keep in a safe place, and when you need it, It's easily accessible. I just like the feel of reading text from a physical book/manual in my hands. I know most readable items nowadays are available online, but it's just not the same for some people. xD

I don't see the point of physical manuals when we have the internet.
Not everyone has access to the Internet ;) I think all electronics should include a manual in their packaging.

When something is wrong, I normally look for the troubleshooting area of the manual. Stuff like what to do if I turn on the 3DS and see a black screen or squiggly lines.

Sometimes I even like to see what is what in the controls section.

Reactions: Ashkil
Not everyone has the internet so having a physical manual is useful when it comes to knowing what to do. Say you buy a desk that had to be put together and it wasn't a simple design , now think if it had no physical manual on how to put it together. Say you couldn't just look up what to do online. You would be confused wouldn't you? Well the same goes for a 3ds system. Sure you know how to turn it on cause it's clear as day but as far as the other settings you would be lost on what to do and this is why physical manuals are still around.

Every 3Ds should include manuals because it tells you how to set up a 3ds step by step just how everything you buy comes with a manual I think it would be illegal to not put a manual on the 3ds because everything requires a manual and yea idk why Nintendo took away the chargers if they are needed once you buy a New 3ds because when you first buy it and when you turn it on the charging bars only have 2 bars instead of 4 idk why this always happens when buy it for the first time another reason why I also believe that Nintendo should include manuals is because most Nintendo users are new they might not know how to set a N3DSXL up and it would be unfair if they bought one without the manual.

Definitely, for someone who has never had a system before, might need the guide of how to set it up. Sure there is the internet, and most consoles need the internet to set up, but still, I like manuals, I think because I am old and not fully used to the age of digital yet. Am getting better, but I did used to love reading through the manuals that came with the games. I recently bought a pre-owned ds lite, and the seller had printed up a manual to send with it. Which I thought was nice.
Digital Manuals are all very nice, but only if you have access to the console. For example, last year I bought Xenoblade Chronicles X, got home and wanted to have a look at the game, but the children wanted to play Mario on the Wii U, so I couldn't even read the manual. I didn't even think to look it up online...

Manuals are needed in any and every electronic item
-Not everyone always has Internet at the time
-They are awesome to cherish and keep for future reference
-I don't see why they should go

I love my manuals, heck, I even have my Wii manual, Original 3DS manual, and Original 3DS XL manual! I actually learn a little bit about the consoles with the manuals. I wish that Nintendo did use a manual with the N3DS... :(

Back