PkMn Go Do you think legendary Pokemon should be caught in Pokemon Go?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Seeing as they're legendary Pokemon and the Pokemon Go app is sort of like an average Joe trainer experience, do you think legendary Pokemon should be caught by us players?

Niantic recently revealed a timetable sharing the times we can catch the legendary bird trio :
  • Articuno: From now until 31st July
  • Moltres: From 31st July until 7th August
  • Zapdos: From 8th August until the 14th
I read that Lugia is already out in the wild and Ho-oh might soon join these birds.

Sure, it's cool to catch a legendary Pokemon, but if we look at it realistically, mostly everyone with legendary Pokemon in their Pokemon Go apps makes it feel like they're no longer rare Pokemon anymore.

What do you guys have to say about this?

Sure, it's cool to catch a legendary Pokemon, but if we look at it realistically, mostly everyone with legendary Pokemon in their Pokemon Go apps makes it feel like they're no longer rare Pokemon anymore.

You've summed up in one sentence what has already happened in the regular Pokemon community with legendaries. I'd say if you want to catch them then catch them. It's not like everyone else will be holding back because they're so rare anyway, quite the opposite in fact; everyone will be clamoring for them.

And sure, they might not be as rare because of this, but amongst the billions of Pidgeys, Rattatas, Caterpies, Weedles and all other common Pokemon in Pokemon Go, they will still hold some value.

Reactions: Kadaj
To be honest they shouldn't just giveaway Legendary Pokemon like that.I mean yea they can like they do with the 3DS games but giving away a handful of Pokemon in a short time shouldn't be allowed.They should only keep it at them being rare to catch not a giveaway

Do you ever battle the Pokemon you catch in that game with others? (What would be the point if you couldn't.)

I think it'd be cooler if we could only catch one of each. Then it keeps it's rarity by making it feel special, since you'd only ever get one of them, and the point of PoGo is to catch as many of each type as possible to evolve and level up your Pokemon. But I think it's good to be able to add them to the collection, since there's that feeling of accomplishment at catching them. They're already difficult enough to catch, and having such a short time period where they're active means not everyone will end up catching them anyways. I doubt I'll get Articuno myself, since I've only been out twice since it's been released and I'm running out of time. DX

I don't think they should realize a lot of Legendaries for limited time because many people are going to be in pokestops (real places like Starbucks,Sprint,AT&T and Target etc.) last time I was at Starbucks buying a Cappuccino there were a lot of Pokémon players in Starbucks sitting down and I wanted to sit down ,but everyone was all distracted trying to catch a Articuno so I just left and many people weren't buying anything too when I was there because there were a lot of Pokémon Go players I don't hate Pokemon Go ,but the app has been making people go to important places at the wrong time and ever since it came out stores have been filled with a lot of people who are going to buy food or something else can't sit down or eat anywhere much because of these players also Niantic is just trying to make people download the game to get more money I guess and I don't think this is okay because people are going to get aggressive once they take them off or get mad imo.

Seeing as they're legendary Pokemon and the Pokemon Go app is sort of like an average Joe trainer experience, do you think legendary Pokemon should be caught by us players?

Niantic recently revealed a timetable sharing the times we can catch the legendary bird trio :
  • Articuno: From now until 31st July
  • Moltres: From 31st July until 7th August
  • Zapdos: From 8th August until the 14th
I read that Lugia is already out in the wild and Ho-oh might soon join these birds.

What do you guys have to say about this?

I haven't played pokemon go, but i have a close friend who has played it and my opinion on the matter is the biggest problem with legendary pokemon in this game is theyd most likely be near impossible to find especially among all the endless amounts of pidgys and ratatas (and another reason im saying this is because id have no idea how or where the heck youd find pokemon like that, concerning location i mean). I could also see my friend chance encounter one and run out of poke balls or spending money and be stuck at a dead end here (they were hard to catch in previous games before nintendo revised the programming, it may be utter chaos in pokemon go)

Whay im saying is based on what ive seen my friend doing on the game, again i haven't actually playes but ive seen people play so its hard for me to imagine where and how youd find legendaries >~<

Back